cargo555
+0|6752
i want to get 40+ commander score for the commander badge, so when im commander and i kill an enemy with a rifle or tank, does that count towards the 40 commander score?  cuz i notice that when i use NON-ARTILLERY weapons to kill enemies, my score in the commander window also goes up....does it mean its counting toward the 40 points requirement?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819
Nope
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6815|UK
As far as I understand it, and the whole commander score thing is a bit of black-arts if you ask me, your commander score is based on your teams' average score whilst you're commander, so I believe any points scored through separate kills won't count towards it. Then again, I could be wrong, as I said, it's all a bit of a mystery.

Panserbjorn's post here is worth reading.

Last edited by C.Keen (2005-11-07 05:06:22)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819
I heard it was 1/4 of the teams average or something funny like that :-\
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
no killing someone with a gun doesnt count, and god knows how they work that commander score out...
dsb
+0|6783
i don't think it is strictly an average...the average may be calculated into another figure, but it's not just an average...I had a commander score once of 315 before the 2x...the next highest score was like 90-something.  It would be impossible to have an "average" score of 315 with no score higher than 90.
ptegan
+0|6749

dsb wrote:

i don't think it is strictly an average...the average may be calculated into another figure, but it's not just an average...I had a commander score once of 315 before the 2x...the next highest score was like 90-something.  It would be impossible to have an "average" score of 315 with no score higher than 90.
315?  I really, don't see how it could be possible to have a commander score of 315 *before* the x2 bonus? The top commanders on the leaderboard only manage about 120 points before the bonus.
dsb
+0|6783

ptegan wrote:

315?  I really, don't see how it could be possible to have a commander score of 315 *before* the x2 bonus? The top commanders on the leaderboard only manage about 120 points before the bonus.
Check out my profile.  Its my Best Round Score on karkand.  It's amazing what you can accomplish on a 64 person Karkand server with 15 people in it.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6787
Honestly, it seems to me you just get 1 point for every 30 seconds you're commander. Whether your squads are doing anything or not.

I know there's multiple theories on this, but my command score (before 2x) always seems to be twice as much as the total minutes played.
Kazeons^
+1|6773|Denmark - Sønderylland
A commander job is to help hes teammates and nothing else.
dsb
+0|6783

Kazeons^ wrote:

A commander job is to help hes teammates and nothing else.
ok.  well...thanks for sharing that.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Regardless of how it's calculated, the only thing will give you a high commander score anymore is spending alot of time in a round. The best way to accomplish this is to find a large map server with few players, like the Karkand round dsb mentioned.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard