Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6853
Now that I've calmed down from last night.. I'll post a slightly more level headed post.

I've finally actually gotten the game installed by using my mates DVD, with my CD key.

1.0 works fine and i can load maps and play etc. However, upon trying to patch to 1.03 i'm still getting that patching failed error. I've reformatted, then tried safe-mode, opening the patch in the BF2 folder, installing the patch from a disk and about 50 other options that have been posted on online forums.... to no avail.

I'm beginning to think that there's some kind of hardware conflict going on here that hasnt been tested before the release of the patch.

If not, is there anyway anyone could help me?

PS: "It worked fine for me posts" dont help at all.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6888|San Francisco

You have to patch 1.0 to 1.2 then 1.3, so go get the 1.2 patch and install that first.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6853
I get patching failed with 1.02. I never had it before, but i get them now.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6888|San Francisco

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I get patching failed with 1.02. I never had it before, but i get them now.
Is this after you already tried to patch straight to 1.03? I think you must do it in order or else some files aren't updated properly.

Update: This was just pointed out on the forums as well. If you are still having problems I suggest you try this fix, especially since it is from EA.
Forrest
+0|6785
HI!
i've got a big problem: when i try to patch the game it writes patching failed, then when try it once again it writes patching sucessful. when i try to connect any server i become: you can join only with unmodifield version.(i tried with ea's method but it not works too)
thx
sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Forrest (2005-11-08 08:35:13)

thinner44
+1|6849
I wonder if there's a glitch out there. I was kicked from a server today, message read. "You can only play using the unmodified version" .... Unmodified version of what, the game or the patch? Sorry this doesn't help Greenie_Beazinie, but I think EA are having problems.
Forrest
+0|6785
of the game
Forrest
+0|6785
HI!
i think this is the problem. i read it in patchlog.txt:
Applying HISTORY File Patch for 'mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
               found. No update done since file contents do not match.

pls help
ptegan
+0|6783
I believe that I have helped several people with this error and managed to get their systems to patch with this method :

Some people have fixed this problem by replacing their RAM. They ran memtest (from memtest.com) and it found errors which lead to the modified contect error.

The patch extracts the BF2 zip files to %temp% (taking up almost 2Gb) and loads the patch into memory. It then checks the extracted files to make sure that everything ti expects is there and here it runs into a problem. The patchlog.txt says that it found the file but the contents are wrong.

I know of at least 15 people now that I have helped who fixed it by finding that only one of their RAM sticks had an error, removing it, and then installing the patch just on the other stick, putting the 'bad' one back as soon as the patch had correctly installed.

wpt0036
Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.     

What this means is :
PATCH was unable to locate an exact match for the original file to be updated. PATCH was able to locate a file with the same name as the original file; however, the file found did not have either the same size or checksum as the actual original file that PATCH is seeking in order to perform the update.In other words, the wrong version of a file was found.
But we know that it isn't the wrong version because it was working fine before the patch. So this means that the version that the patch is looking at is wrong. And the version that it's looking at isn't the one on in the /BF2/ folder but the one that is on the hard drive. It's unpacked it, copied it into memory and compared it and found errors.
Forrest
+0|6785
i need memtest86+?
and how can i see which one memory is bad?
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6789|Netherlands
a friend of my got the same problem so maybe if the answer is found i can help him to

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard