2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
Well someone suggested to have a strictly naval bf2 expansion...I like the idea but i would also love to see a almost pure air combat one as well.  Imagine have 20+ planes in the sky fighting.  I miss the good ole days of Desert Combats No Fly Zone.  The classic Coral Sea was also an outstanding map too.  I think this kind of combat with all the missile locks and missiles criss crossing would make for an intense fire fight.  Anyone else agree?
smg1
+1|6536|Sweden
I don't think i will work because there will be no big infantry fights and that is what bf2 is all about
lord.knaslaban
+13|6567|Uppsala, Sweden
Sounds like a great idea, I would definitely buy it (or make it a free download this time, but you can never trust EA)
Capt. Foley
+155|6589|Allentown, PA, USA
BF2 is not about infantry fights, thats CS, BF2 is about viechals and infantry and this map could have both, anyways if you dont wanna play it DONT.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
BF2 isnt all about infantry fights though. Its about modern day combat and so it would be perfectly reasonable for them to come out with that kind of expansion.  They already did one for armor.  Could make the combat theatre in Europe this time as well since we already have china, middle east, and the US as theatres of war.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6682|Dayton, Ohio
2 carriers for USA and 2 island airstrips for China or MEC and tones of AA and fighters.  Sounds like madness.
FAF-Teeje
+47|6544
that would be pretty sweet to have a bf2 with only planes.  you wouldnt have to worry about TK's either.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
No joke but i would look foward the just absolute madness. AA and with all those locking missiles. Brings a smile to my face.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
I'd buy it
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok

smg1 wrote:

I don't think i will work because there will be no big infantry fights and that is what bf2 is all about
Just thought of something else to add...instead of having your anti tank rockets....go to shoulder launched stingers?
dedelus
+4|6655
idk if anybody else has it, but there is a map you can download that has this, 2 air bases us vs china and a ton of planes.  the map name is bocage dogfight
.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6687
yeah sounds good but a few rulz would have to be changed, like allowing the planes to fly higher, planes spawn faster, less AA missle lock now days it's faily hard to dodge.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Well someone suggested to have a strictly naval bf2 expansion...I like the idea but i would also love to see a almost pure air combat one as well.  Imagine have 20+ planes in the sky fighting.  I miss the good ole days of Desert Combats No Fly Zone.  The classic Coral Sea was also an outstanding map too.  I think this kind of combat with all the missile locks and missiles criss crossing would make for an intense fire fight.  Anyone else agree?
Would be like 10 vs 10 fighters then.. maybe more.. would like: You get a missle tone, flares yay.. i'm save, then the 9 other planes comes and waaaaaaaaam ur dead in a split second, and they need to put new planes in, cuz if they are gonna implement the J-10 and then vs the F-35B.. and then we all know what will happen.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I think people stress out too much about what BF2 is supposed to or not supposed to be. If a map concept seems fun, somebody should build it. The only problem lies in the concentration of players unwilling to play outside of ranked servers. A naval map would be fun for ship fans. They'd play it alot. An air map would be fun for aircraft fans. They'd play it alot. Karkand is fun for infantry and armor fans. They play it incessantly.
Zorken
+0|6661|Sweden
U should try out BF2C Wake Airshow... Lots of planes, six carriers if i not misstaken, all carriers have four planes and four choppers each, no J-10 and its all about dogfight... The planes are Mig-29,F18,F35 and Eurofighter... Ucant play anything besides pilot and u spawn directly in a plane or a chopper... Respawn time for planes are about 5 seconds No AA's... Kinda hard to find servers though but there is a couple of them out there... Funny as hell... Can recommend it

Last edited by Zorken (2006-06-11 05:45:04)

APoundOfNuts
+13|6556|UK
Download the Airmap's mod.

It's so friggin funny!!!
Souljah
+42|6669

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

No joke but i would look foward the just absolute madness. AA and with all those locking missiles. Brings a smile to my face.
yup all those locking missiles would end up in you tking some teammates who will all punish you and then you get kicked from server

good times good times
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
Naa cause they changed the missiled to not target friendlies anymore. But in earlier patches yeah it would have sucked. TK's around the board.
Deaths_hand
+3|6528|Canada

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Naa cause they changed the missiled to not target friendlies anymore. But in earlier patches yeah it would have sucked. TK's around the board.
thats not totaly true, the other day i was playing Dplant and i was flying just behind a F-35 and a missle from the essex, which was tracking me, buzzed passed and blew the 35 outta the air.

but yes, a total plane game would be sweet, expecally if you made it join navy air, like the days of battle of Midway
iNcR3d1bl3
+1|6742|Illinois
maybe it could be another booster pack? you have the armored fury which is mostly armor as the name suggests.... maybe aerial fury?
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields
I think they should just make an booster pack about INF only city maps. That would rule.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6693|Sweden

Zorken wrote:

OFF topic. In youre sig it says "Battlefield Gotland Ranked Servers"; Is this really true?
Isnt that a mod?

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-06-15 02:34:05)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
can anybody say karkand with black hawks? that would own.

back on topic: can't wait, sign me up, etc etc.
tgust5
+22|6628
stupid
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok

tgust5 wrote:

stupid
Lol well seems most people like the idea except a select few.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard