AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

TOW > Tank, 2 SRAW infantry > Tank
IGLA/Stinger > Jet/Heli

Use them and convoy = dead...
Jet pilots with a fucking brain will take out AA before the operators of it know what is going on. It's called dive bombing or rear-flank flying. Same with chopper gunners. A good gunner will not hesitate to destroy iglas and AA vehicles FIRST. The pilot knows this and will comply to the gunner's tactics.

Tows are STATIONARY and easily avoided/destroyed. As for the Sraws x 2... a tank being repaired by two other vehicles with engineers in them and a supply crate will nullify their efforts.
I realize this, I am in fact one of those crazy Jet/Heli pilots with a brain. However, when someone sits near an AA and I'm occupied with other things (enemy jet behind me, heli v heli battle, more than one IGLA site ...) it's quite possible that I'll get taken out. Believe it or not, some of those strafing runs dont destroy that cursed AA (and  YES I am indeed aiming at it) and when an experienced player is nearby, he can hop in and fire off his missles before I have a chance to evade.  Though, the fact of the matter is that about 75% of BF2 pilots are twits that won't look at you, TK for the plane, force TK's, etc. And those are the ones that you can get easy.

As far as ground goes, an experienced tank driver won't be sitting on top of the TOW and usually won't see the missle coming from the distance. The one that DOES sit on the flag is susceptable to C4 or someone who hops on the TOW while he's looking for that C4 guy. Plus, it's not often that your teamates (the repairing vehicles) will actually sit by you when you have full health (or they won't even be engineers...), so those 2 SRAW missles aimed at the tracks (most people know to aim for the critical point) are instant kill.
You aren't being practical. It takes 10x more organization and focus for the infantry to take out a single fucking tank than the tank requires to do HIS job.

A convoy of intelligent people in vehicles are AT AN ADVANTAGE vs a squad of scattered, equally intelligible infantry.

I have played in many clan-matches and THIS is the reality.
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

bobroonie.bda wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

any WC server.. T1st server 66.90.75.132:16567
                         Black ops   64.69.47.107:16567

are a few.. it doesnt take a noob tanker to die from c4.. I'm not ranked 4th in the world with a carbine and 10th in the world as a spec op because i suck.. If you really want to challenge me lets go.. i will be more then happy to hand you your ass. You think this is my first challenge
I can't even have a serious debate with you without your e-peen getting in the way. Ranked 4th with carbine and probably 2 billionth in debate.
what? haha damn children... so you up for it? up for the challenge? say T1st server.. you got the IP..
You target my stats and you expect me to come to your server?

Since you're so good you shouldn't have a problem with the Quebec server.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6700
i tell you what ill be on this server join me if you want..

T1st server 66.90.75.132:16567

by the way i would join you but you never gave me an IP

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-06-18 20:57:12)

AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

bobroonie.bda wrote:

i tell you what ill be on this server join me if you want..

T1st server 66.90.75.132:16567

by the way i would join you but you never gave me an IP
I'm not playing yet but I will be in about 2 hours. I'm downloading some music for a party on Canada day. Just type in Quebec and you will see me in one of those.
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

Jet pilots with a fucking brain will take out AA before the operators of it know what is going on. It's called dive bombing or rear-flank flying. Same with chopper gunners. A good gunner will not hesitate to destroy iglas and AA vehicles FIRST. The pilot knows this and will comply to the gunner's tactics.

Tows are STATIONARY and easily avoided/destroyed. As for the Sraws x 2... a tank being repaired by two other vehicles with engineers in them and a supply crate will nullify their efforts.
I realize this, I am in fact one of those crazy Jet/Heli pilots with a brain. However, when someone sits near an AA and I'm occupied with other things (enemy jet behind me, heli v heli battle, more than one IGLA site ...) it's quite possible that I'll get taken out. Believe it or not, some of those strafing runs dont destroy that cursed AA (and  YES I am indeed aiming at it) and when an experienced player is nearby, he can hop in and fire off his missles before I have a chance to evade.  Though, the fact of the matter is that about 75% of BF2 pilots are twits that won't look at you, TK for the plane, force TK's, etc. And those are the ones that you can get easy.

As far as ground goes, an experienced tank driver won't be sitting on top of the TOW and usually won't see the missle coming from the distance. The one that DOES sit on the flag is susceptable to C4 or someone who hops on the TOW while he's looking for that C4 guy. Plus, it's not often that your teamates (the repairing vehicles) will actually sit by you when you have full health (or they won't even be engineers...), so those 2 SRAW missles aimed at the tracks (most people know to aim for the critical point) are instant kill.
You aren't being practical. It takes 10x more organization and focus for the infantry to take out a single fucking tank than the tank requires to do HIS job.

A convoy of intelligent people in vehicles are AT AN ADVANTAGE vs a squad of scattered, equally intelligible infantry.

I'm being practical; when there is a tank, people tend to spawn as anti tank. Commanders don't generally give their tanks supply boxes, and even if they DO, there is generally ONE intelligible player who chucks a 'nade at the box to cease the repairs (or the noob that really thinks the 'nade will rid the tank).  A tank can only take so much punishment. But you are correct when you say that a convoy of intelligent people in vehicles is at an advantage against a scattered squad.  However, if this squad is indeed intelligible as you say, they shouldn't have problems with the elimination. AT mines stop the forward progression of a said convoy, and at that point they should be avoidable...
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

I'm being practical; when there is a tank, people tend to spawn as anti tank. Commanders don't generally give their tanks supply boxes, and even if they DO, there is generally ONE intelligible player who chucks a 'nade at the box to cease the repairs (or the noob that really thinks the 'nade will rid the tank).  A tank can only take so much punishment. But you are correct when you say that a convoy of intelligent people in vehicles is at an advantage against a scattered squad.  However, if this squad is indeed intelligible as you say, they shouldn't have problems with the elimination. AT mines stop the forward progression of a said convoy, and at that point they should be avoidable...
There is a counter-argument to everything you brought up.

Mines can be disarmed in 3 seconds.

All it takes is one well-placed round to throw a monkey-wrench into the progression of the squad... and it is easier to do that then take out a tank.
-MIKI3.
+70|6662|The Netherlands
I don't care...except when you get them by commander, that really takes no skill
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

All it takes is one well-placed round to throw a monkey-wrench into the progression of the squad... and it is easier to do that then take out a tank.
And see, then the fun begins, who disarms the mine?
If it's a convoy member, then that piece of armor is doomed and the members nearest to him are at a disadvantage(no repairs with no one in it to that piece of armor or the ones next to it).
If it's another random guy, then that guy can be eliminated from afar.
If it's a convoy member who decides to take one for the team... He's retarded, +2 for the infantry, 1 armor down.

And, if the squad is intelligent, they will use cover to get away from the tank.

Plus there's that perfect solution... More mines~
bobroonie.bda
+143|6700
And the fact that you can 2 shot a tank with an AT rocket, and 3 to 4 shot depending when the repairs started,  is an advantage. Now of course you have to be a good shot and in a good position but thats all about skill and tactics..

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-06-18 21:20:16)

AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

If it's a convoy member, then that piece of armor is doomed and the members nearest to him are at a disadvantage(no repairs with no one in it to that piece of armor or the ones next to it).
If it's a convoy member who decides to take one for the team... He's retarded, +2 for the infantry, 1 armor down.

And, if the squad is intelligent, they will use cover to get away from the tank.

Still not counting air superiority.
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6545

bobroonie.bda wrote:

And the fact that you can 2 shot a tank with an AT rocket, and 3 shot a tank that is getting repaired is an advantage. Now of course you have to be a good shot and in a good position but thats all about skill and tactics..
1 supply crate and 2 engineers repairing a tank, even if the tank is being hit by 2 sraws in critical locations, will still outheal the damage inflicted. That is if the tank DOESN'T take any of the ATers out.

Try it.
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814

AlphaMale wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

AlphaMale wrote:

Still not counting air superiority.
Karo6972[IGLA]Jet Guy

I'll get him, don't worry. Plus, who's going to bomb a point with no obvious targets? And that heli? We're intelligent infantry with SRAWs...

However, I'm unable to finish this discussion today Alpha, gotta go pamper Dad some more with cake/ice cream, excellent argument.

EDIT: I think I forgot to leave my name on that karma (+1), it was me. I'm not lying, good discussion.

Last edited by Karo6972 (2006-06-18 21:33:32)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere

AlphaMale wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

And the fact that you can 2 shot a tank with an AT rocket, and 3 shot a tank that is getting repaired is an advantage. Now of course you have to be a good shot and in a good position but thats all about skill and tactics..
1 supply crate and 2 engineers repairing a tank, even if the tank is being hit by 2 sraws in critical locations, will still outheal the damage inflicted. That is if the tank DOESN'T take any of the ATers out.

Try it.
How many infantry are you facing with your convoy here Alpha? just curious....
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6789|Canada, Ont
J-10 Wake Island
APC Karkand
Helecopter Gunner Sharqi Penninsula

I think this is how I got all mine.

I have many many times got 30 - 45 kills on foot on city maps though.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6828|Marathon, Florida Keys
boberonie and agamenar SHUT THE FUCK UP and  make some PM's to eachother. Or make a thread called "Everyone who takes this game to seriously come here and flame eachother"

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2006-06-18 23:09:57)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6692|Houston, Texas

Janysc wrote:

I don't see why Engineer should be an exception? If used properly, the engy's weapons are deadly enough to grant you a medal. If you ignore the MEC-engineer and that horrible shotgun. Pump-action is cooler than it seems; point, blam, +1 kill. Just aim above the legs and someone will die quickly .

Voted "NO". But hey, you might ask why there are no vehicle badges and such... And people are allowed to play as they see fit. C'est la vie.
There are no vehicle badges?????????
PRiMACORD
+190|6644|Home of the Escalade Herds
I've gotten all mine in a vehicle. It's pretty dumb as i don't really deserve any of them, oh well
Janysc
+59|6702|Norway

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Janysc wrote:

I don't see why Engineer should be an exception? If used properly, the engy's weapons are deadly enough to grant you a medal. If you ignore the MEC-engineer and that horrible shotgun. Pump-action is cooler than it seems; point, blam, +1 kill. Just aim above the legs and someone will die quickly .

Voted "NO". But hey, you might ask why there are no vehicle badges and such... And people are allowed to play as they see fit. C'est la vie.
There are no vehicle badges?????????
Gah, sorry. Haven't played for too long. Point being, the game doesn't stop you from earning the badges in vehicles. So if you want to, do it.

PS: I got -1! Reason being "-1 S12k is the fuckin best". Ah well. People are different.
jeffpod
+14|6606
it's totally ok
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6671|Norway
There is no way I am able to get 40 kills in a round on foot. Most I had was just above 30 on Karkand - 64 map with about 40 players. I was Assault. Most kills I have had in one round is 42 I think - as a gunner in chopper on Clean Sweep.

How can you get your expert badges as Commander? I know about the ground defense, but didn't think you could get other badges that way.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672
It's ok, but how on earth can you fail to get 40 kills in a round? Play warlord sometime:

https://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1251/screen1558de.png
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6671|Norway
I am mostly on foot and I'm an admin on one of the biggest BF2 communities (we have 30+ servers) which is quite popular so the servers are mostly full and the rounds doesn't last long enough for me to get 40 kills on foot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard