Jeret03
+2|6638
Has anyone else notinced this???

They're not completely mineproof, but mines don't one shot kill them.  Here's what we found:

Tested on Karkand 64.  Mines will not kill a MEC APC if driven over them.  When you drive over the middle of an apc it will do anywhere form 1/2 to 3 bars.  If you drive over the wheels, then it will kill you instantly.

US apcs die instantly, wheels or not.  Tanks also die instantly, wheel shot or not, even the MEC tank dies instantly.  It's only the MEC APC this happens on.  Does anyone else know about this?  I searched and couldn't find any info on the subject.
carzoom
+1|6558
I have never know that I will try it.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6788|Charleston SC - USA
Might be that EA coders missed a character when they revised the fix for shotting through impenterable items like the steel paneled fences? Or one of them spilled coffee on their keyboard. They need waterproof keyboards.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6533|Singapore
yup...tried that on leivathan or whatever u spell it

when i drove thru the ramps, my APC will go *boom* then rumble with like 1/2 to 3/4 of health left

and when i stole the abrams, i drove thru 1 mine and i was owned
sir_not_appearing_in
+1|6727|Dunedin, New Zealand
I noticed this the other day was quite shocked really but just thought it was a glitch in that particular round but will have to remember this in the future
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Yup, it's true.  I've nicked mines a few times and only gotten a few bar damages.  Confirmed in Sharqi.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-06-19 18:08:49)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
Also, if you're going full speed in a pickup truck, AIL raider, or ATV, you won't take any damage at all.
Jeret03
+2|6638
Yeah i just tried it a couple of times in game and it also worked there.  Weird, no one's ever brought it up either.
Ryle
+1|6759|Seattle
well looking at the MEC APC, its very large and has a high center, could explain why no 1hit kills.

USMC APC is so tiny compared to the MEC APC. makes me cry.
SpectreGunship
+5|6575
blah, I was driving the M1A2 and tried squeezing between two mines, I had about 2 feet of clearence on both sides(Was watching in F11) and they still blew me up.
MrBrain
+24|6697|Finland

SpectreGunship wrote:

blah, I was driving the M1A2 and tried squeezing between two mines, I had about 2 feet of clearence on both sides(Was watching in F11) and they still blew me up.
Yeah, that really pisses me off.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6685|Middle of nowhere
that works?? huh.. i guess i'll remember that when i have a chance to get into an MEC APC

is it really hard to do this? or relitively easy?
Jeret03
+2|6638
it's extremely easy, just dont' hit the mine in your wheels and it works fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard