ODUsniper
+2|6548|U.S.
Their has been lots of talk among snipers recently, but i notice most people don't have above a 2.0 or 2.5 KDR with the sniper kit. Who all among BF2s snipers have better than 2.5 KDR as a sniper??
Dirtracer90
+8|6705
you do
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6717

I don't! Yay!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6698|Middle of nowhere
yeah, i noticed that too, i also notice alot of vehicle whores that have like a 10 KDR as sniper... (check BushViper... man has hardly used a Sniper Rifle at all...)
Beer_Ranger
+18|6714|usa
Eh, I mainly play 64 player servers, which isnt conductive to staying alive. I know itd be above a 2 if i stuck with 32 player or less tho.
oberst_enzian
+234|6762|melb.au
i'm fairly close to 2.5 with both kit and rifle - it's one of my main goals at the moment. i want to get a positive ratio with everything (much more satisfying than awards and junk imo)

editd 4 splelnging

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-06-18 18:11:20)

Reciprocity
+721|6600|the dank(super) side of Oregon
22 hours with the sniper rifle, aw, that's cute.
Beer_Ranger
+18|6714|usa

Reciprocity wrote:

22 hours with the sniper rifle, aw, that's cute.
your point being?
oberst_enzian
+234|6762|melb.au
http://bf2s.com/player/43388029/

*whistles and walks away*
Beer_Ranger
+18|6714|usa
Ahh lol. thats a lot of time with a rifle. whats its name?
Crotin
+0|6549|Los Angeles
I play too much like Rambo to get that kind of KDR...I wait and wait...then i just say fuck it and run into a crowd of people with claymores and nades and get my ass beat, i dont like hiding
G3157
+6|6551

Beer_Ranger wrote:

Eh, I mainly play 64 player servers, which isnt conductive to staying alive. I know itd be above a 2 if i stuck with 32 player or less tho.
I don't find it any more difficult to stay alive on 64 player servers, I just have to change the way I play.  With less people on a server you can be a little more aggressive in your movements, because if you're playing on a 16 player server and you can see 6 blips on the UAV where ever it is, changes are you'll be quite safe capping a flag or something outside that radius.  On a server with a ton of players it's pretty easy to get yourself into a situation where you spawn and die a lot... on the other hand it's also pretty easy to drive an ATV in behind the chaos and get 6-10 kills cutting people down from the back before anybody even notices you're there.  (I do that a lot on Ghost town.)

Seems to be a Risk vs. Reward return to it.

i'm fairly close to 2.5 with both kit and rifle - it's one of my main goals at the moment. i want to get a positive ratio with everything (much more satisfying than awards and junk imo)
Since I'm pretty sure your death count is a deaths-while-holding a particular weapon, it'd be pretty easy to pick a "fall guy" weapon you run around with out (say, knife, pistol, or grenade) so you don't take artillery/tank/stupid random deaths with a weapon whose KDR you were trying to improve.
Beer_Ranger
+18|6714|usa
Yeah, Im prolly too agressive when I play, but cant help it lol. Plus I spend alot of time solo which dosnet help. *harder and harder to find a good squad these days*
oberst_enzian
+234|6762|melb.au

G3157 wrote:

Since I'm pretty sure your death count is a deaths-while-holding a particular weapon, it'd be pretty easy to pick a "fall guy" weapon you run around with out (say, knife, pistol, or grenade) so you don't take artillery/tank/stupid random deaths with a weapon whose KDR you were trying to improve.
i think you're right, and i've actually just started doing this recently. i have my pistol out when getting to a sniping spot. it has also inadvertantly gotten my pistol stats higher!
BallisticallyYours
+23|6650|Chicago, IL
My stats would be better if they would unlock my M-14... someday.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6692|A sunburnt country
2.1 overall and 3.8 with a sniper rifle for this little black duck.

I love to snipe...................mwuhahahaha
LOLtacular
+10|6544
Sniper KDR is pretty easy to increase once one masteres the SVD/Type88, as you can play in a style similar to Assault with the added ability of being able to protect your flanks and fight distant targets far better than you can with Assault Rifles, albeight a pro-Carbine user is difficult to take down.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6543|Little blue planet, milky way

LOLtacular wrote:

Sniper KDR is pretty easy to increase once one masteres the SVD/Type88, as you can play in a style similar to Assault with the added ability of being able to protect your flanks and fight distant targets far better than you can with Assault Rifles, albeight a pro-Carbine user is difficult to take down.
Agreed. However, one needs to ALSO consider the fact that the REASON why most people dont' have 2-2.5 KDR with sniper kit or rifle is usually a couple of things:

1) It's EASY to get spotted by the enemy commander, and on maps with a helo/jet overhead, you're a choice target if you're not moving.

2) Many people attempt to use the sniper to get their explosive badges. This tends to mean that they need to get into close combat, or at least within spawn raping distance. It's DANGEROUS to go that close, even with a type 88.

3) Most snipers dont want to settle for 5-6 kills in a round, so they move a LOT closer to the action than they really need to.

4) Majority of players do NOT have a rig that can give them 100% view distance. And if you dont have that, then as a sniper you're much more likely to get pwned by a carbine user.

5) EVERYONE can't have a positive KDR, somone needs to die more so others can get their higher KDR

In general when I look at the list of "snipers", ie: people with high accuracy, I notice that they've all not played that many hours, or they dont have a very high KDR. Then again, almost EVERYONE doesn't have a huge KDR. I "only" have around a 1.5 KDR, and I'm like #30.000 on the global rankings for KDR, so I take that to mean that a LOT of the community gets pwned once in a while, I know I do.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6701|Disaster Free Zone
Very easily explained.

DrunkFace wrote:

Because there are 2 types of snipers. Those that camp and get a really good K/D ratio by taking long shots.
And then those that  run around like normal infantry using there skill to take down people from 20-30 metres with a single HS. Both require skill and both I respect.

But (i know i shouldn't say this) i prefer nytes style of running with a squad in the middle of a battle and capturing flags and being in the middle of the fight (maybe it because thats how i play or maybe because i see it as more useful to the team winning). But the downside to doing this is you have a bolt action rifle that still wont kill in 1 shot if you miss the head, so being killed is all that more probable.

Taking long shots is by no way easy and i respect those that can, to take in to consideration bullet drop and leading target takes skill, But also you need a good rig to do this. Its a requirement to have graphics on high for most things and for very low lag. So even if you are skilled you may not be able to show it because you just physically cant due to computer issues (this applies to me, there's sniper videos with shots I just couldn't take because i wouldn't be able to see the people).
I wrote it in another thread so some things may not make sense but when i see a 'combat' sniper with 2.5 K/D with sniper rifles I'll be impressed.

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

I'm almost positive ratio with the sniper rifle, and I have been using weapons like pistols and knives to run around so that when I die it doesn't count as a death for sniper rifle. I have been doing this since around when I was gunnery sergeant. It's a good idea .
Hmmm but it doesnt help your pistol or knife K/D, so really its just falsly inflating 1 stat while reducing 2 others. I'd preffer over 1 in all small arms then 2+ in snipers and .3 in pistols/knives. Also what happens when your rifle K/D is 2 and your kit is 1.3 (or somthing). Now that wouldnt look right.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-06-18 19:18:54)

BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6571|The Land of Claywhore
I have a 2.45 k/d ratio and climbing!It's not my favorite kit to play but I'd say I'm efficient.1.6 w/ my rifle.

Don't have a stat link yet but my BF2 nick is my name.

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-06-18 19:21:35)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6600|Melbourne, Australia.
2.5 on my sniper kit and 1.9ish on rifle...meh
Then again I usually snipe on karkand...its the most fun because you have to be quick, hence my low kd on it :p

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-06-18 19:27:39)

LOLtacular
+10|6544
I have a 3.25 KDR for the sniper rifle, 6.6 with the kit itself but thats inflated with vehicle usage/artillery kills. I exclusively use the Type88/SVD, excellent weapons as 95% of players will go prone to shoot at you giving you very easy targets. They're the only close range weapons more powerful than the RPK-74 as you can fire the necessary 3 shots (4 on armoured) faster than the RPK fires 2 (once you know how to adjust for recoil).

M24 isn't a bad rifle for CQC but is more difficult to use than the semi-autos. Stay far away from the M95/L96 as those seem to take forever for the deviation to reset to neutral when going to crouch or prone from a walking/running state, causing you to miss many cruicial shots. M24 doesn't have this problem though!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6790|AUS, Canberra
i do
oberst_enzian
+234|6762|melb.au

THA wrote:

i do
i now pronounce you man and kit. you may kiss the rifle.
Des.Kmal
+917|6638|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

THA wrote:

i do
whats ur nick?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard