notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
Seriously.

I go to class, I come back home, I go on bf2s.com, i play BF2, go in bf2s.com, play BF2, get some food, go on bf2s.com, play BF2...

...it's a vicious cycle.

...anyone know of any support groups?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826
this game will eventually make my average sized body one big fat tub o' lard. I need to excersize instead of coming on these forums.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Seriously.

I go to class, I come back home, I go on bf2s.com, i play BF2, go in bf2s.com, play BF2, get some food, go on bf2s.com, play BF2...

...it's a vicious cycle.

you could try the branch dividians?
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6765|London UK

play it as much as you can, cram every spare second you have into playing BF2.

2 years later you will realise what a waste of life it was and start playing the next big game.

O wait that doesnt really get you anywhere does it.

Fuck it, play games it fun, fuck life.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

this game will eventually make my average sized body one big fat tub o' lard. I need to excersize instead of coming on these forums.
You think you got it bad....
pfcilng
+0|6759|Northern Illinois University
Have a significant other hide the game disk from you
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

pfcilng wrote:

I use a DVD image.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6787|Canberra, Australia
Moderation is the key....

I am lucky I only have a short attention span.  I look at bf2s at work and play for about 2 hours a night bf2.  The rest of the time I have things to do.  So I can't play.
]305[ Charlton
+0|6759
wat grade rb u in Thomas Morgan
fizz85
+1|6782|Voice of reason
Chuy, How do you do that? It seems like a good idea.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
second year in university.  youd think id have a better grasp on life by now...but apparently not.

also, i would have someone hide the disc from me, but its been in my cd drive for so long i think its just lodged in there by now.  my computer wouldnt understand if i tried to eject.  its just a part of the hardware now.

hey chuy, i didnt think you were going to read this, but now that you have...i just wanted to thank you for this site.  it makes BF2 a lot more fun and much easier to understand.  so yeah, thanks for all the time you spend on here...i appreciate it.
Mad dawg
+0|6761
You should do something like only play for like an hour and a half a day and only cheak the forums once a day. Thats what i do. And when ur not playing dont think about it. Think about what ur doing. Ur not really waisting ur life cause i mean then watching tv would be waisting ur life and there would be a higher suiside percent if everyone realized that.<-- just a joke. So its ok if u play a little. I mean if u dont think about it during the day and dont let it get control of u then ur fine. If u see it as a time to relax then ur not doing anything wrong.
BladeRunner
+5|6741|UK

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Seriously.

...it's a vicious cycle.

Amazing isn't it? People go on all the time about 'the generation gap' and stuff...and all the time my life is the same as yours; except I go to work instead of school.

As for support groups, I hear there's a very understanding community at: http://bf2s.com/
There are lots of people there in the same boat / tank / plane as you, and are more than willing to lend and ear / leg / anything else you can hack off.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-09 14:12:04)

samstar81
Straddle my Member
+0|6752|The Netherlands

chuyskywalker wrote:

I use a DVD image.
How do you do that, chuy?

p.s. This game is taking over my life too, anyone ever dream you were playing the game?

Last edited by samstar81 (2005-11-10 07:27:08)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

samstar81 wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

I use a DVD image.
How do you do that, chuy?

p.s. This game is taking over my life too, anyone ever dream you were playing the game.
Yes... all the time.
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6830|Sunnyvale, CA

chuyskywalker wrote:

pfcilng wrote:

I use a DVD image.
i believe you can use Alcohol 120%....
pfcilng
+0|6759|Northern Illinois University

chuyskywalker wrote:

pfcilng wrote:

I use a DVD image.
If I did that, I would certainly fail out of college.  It would suck to fail out as a super senior (5th year).
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
Yeah, Alcohol 120% to create an iso, then use DaemonTools to mount it.  That would create a virtual CD/DVD-ROM of the BF2 Disc (CD1). 

I had a lil BF2 flashback in class today.  All I remember was listening (half asleep) to the instructor saying, "...blah, blah,...blah, REVIVE...".  I thought holy chit, I just got revived by a medic.  Either I am gonna get killed again because the medic revived me 5 feet from the enemy that just killed me or I am in the clear to get my killing on.
BladeRunner
+5|6741|UK

pfcilng wrote:

If I did that, I would certainly fail out of college.  It would suck to fail out as a super senior (5th year).
'Super Senior'? Are you some sort of mild-mannered student in the day, but at night you become a pensioner with cooky powers?

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

chuyskywalker wrote:

how much worse do you have it chuy?

Is it time for me to offer you my brain again as a living sacrifice?

I already got fat from playing BF2. When my rugby coach saw me he was like - point and laugh uncontrollably. Jesus.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6740|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Seriously.

...it's a vicious cycle.

*shudder* so true my daily schedule to but NOW THE ******** GAME HAS ****** CRASHED ON ME AND IM GOIIN ********** MAD *************MAD ITELL YOU
Instant Cereal
+0|6736

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

lol Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I went cold turkey with this game. I realized I had pissed away so much time playing this game, that my social-life was taking a hit, and this game wasn't helping my goals and life. I'll probably start playing again, but I need to get my life back in the express lane.
pdanrichey
+5|6800

fizz85 wrote:

Chuy, How do you do that? It seems like a good idea.
I use Daemon Tools.  You have to download the cd image file and then mount that file "cd image" to the program.  It's not really hard...just google BF2 no-cd patch.  I own the game, but it's a hassle taking the CD everywhere...laptop when I'm away and then put it back in the desktop when I'm at the office or home... 

Plus, my laptop broke, I sent it back to HP to fix it and I left my BF2 Cd in the drive.  When I got the laptop back, the CD was destroyed by masking tape...those bastards wouldn't even offer to replace it...they basically said it was my fault.  Freaking bums!
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6830|A Small Isle in the Tropics

polarbearz wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

how much worse do you have it chuy?

Is it time for me to offer you my brain again as a living sacrifice?

I already got fat from playing BF2. When my rugby coach saw me he was like - point and laugh uncontrollably. Jesus.
why do i have an image of a pot-bellied cop sitting on a Kawasaki bike here.. j/k
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

EVIL. Lol i'm a STAFF officer which gives me the right to sit on my ass all day. The police force do not drive kawasaki waves either. =P

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard