Poll

Modern Combat or Battlefield 2 for PC

Total: 0
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782
I just bought an Xbox 360 and I got Modern Combat with it. I think the game is pretty cool. Graphics are kick ass. Just wondering what everyone else thought about it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735
pc version
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DarkZealot89
Wait A Minute!
+46|6566|Louisville, Ky
PC FTW, more fun, ranks, and of course bf2s.com
sgt_mango333
+31|6671
The analogs of the consoles just can't compete.  Also the graphics and game play are much deeper on the PC version.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782
I don't know... I find the 360 version much more fun.
easy-skanking
+43|6555
then why make a thread asking people what they think?
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782

easy-skanking wrote:

then why make a thread asking people what they think?
Cause I'am curious about opinions.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6718|U.S
i like both each has its better qualities. i like the kits on console they are better. like support has a needle he shoots into his arm. and the sniper has the m95 to start with.
Beer_Ranger
+18|6713|usa
fps with a joypad is just wrong. mouse and kb, the ultimate input devices.
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814
PC Version is best IMHO.  Although you don't have to deal with CTD's and other regular problems, the 360 game doesn't seem very immersive at all.  I think it's a lot more like Ghost Recon than BF2 (gameplay-wise).  The campaign is cool (not very BF2-ish) but the online play seems pointless. For one, you can hardly even see the little icon that denotes the rank you've worked for, and the medals and ribbons are all hardly accomplishments. You could literally go online, find 3 friends, and get all of them (besides the match requirement ones) in a day by being a "stat-padder" (my friend tried to goad me into this when I signed up for a trial Live account on his 360). The awards (like 10 kills without dying for expert ______ kit) are nearly impossible to get legitimately (that damn assault noob walks up on you when you're taking out the three guys on the flag) and aren't even displayed unless someone purposfully looks at all of your stats specifically. Not to mention there are only the 15 medals... As opposed to the many badges and medals that comprise BF2 for PC.

Anyway, my 2 cents ~
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782

Karo6972 wrote:

PC Version is best IMHO.  Although you don't have to deal with CTD's and other regular problems, the 360 game doesn't seem very immersive at all.  I think it's a lot more like Ghost Recon than BF2 (gameplay-wise).  The campaign is cool (not very BF2-ish) but the online play seems pointless. For one, you can hardly even see the little icon that denotes the rank you've worked for, and the medals and ribbons are all hardly accomplishments. You could literally go online, find 3 friends, and get all of them (besides the match requirement ones) in a day by being a "stat-padder" (my friend tried to goad me into this when I signed up for a trial Live account on his 360). The awards (like 10 kills without dying for expert ______ kit) are nearly impossible to get legitimately (that damn assault noob walks up on you when you're taking out the three guys on the flag) and aren't even displayed unless someone purposfully looks at all of your stats specifically. Not to mention there are only the 15 medals... As opposed to the many badges and medals that comprise BF2 for PC.

Anyway, my 2 cents ~
You are right on somethings... but wernt the games just made for fun. It's not like anybody cares about a little symbol next to your name. The goal is just to play and have fun.

Last edited by Sgt.Gene (2006-06-17 21:51:29)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6546|Portland, OR USA
What do you like better about the 360 version?  I've always been more a fan of PC games.  The graphics are typically better and there are just more options.  I guess this is just because PCs can grow and consoles are static.  Now I'll give you that for stability and instant gratification console games have it made, and ultimately I may have just answered my own question ...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
¿Que?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Karo6972 wrote:

Anyway, my 2 cents ~
You are right on somethings... but wernt the games just made for fun. It's not like anybody cares about a little symbol next to your name. The goal is just to play and have fun.
Never said it wasn't fun....
It just makes me sad when I can't fly the heli (enough to kill anything) when I love piloting it in BF2-PC.
The campaign IS pretty cool (albeit frustrating in places) and the online is just different; again, it's really like an entirely different game.
Trooper_Collider
+25|6763
PC version is more complete.

Semper Fi!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6691|Colorado
I can't play fps anymore on consoles the controller is always to slower to aim & that makes for frustration.
Pc fps gaming has ruined console shooters forever.
I'm glad you like the xbox 360 version but the pc is better as the poll states.
tangoxmas44
Professional Noob
+4|6836|Temple,TX,USA
I think modern combat is better because of the simplicity and the arcadiness. But hell, thats just me.
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6695
http://bf2down.ytmnd.com/

off topic, but funny (incubis's sig)

kekekeke
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782

puckmercury wrote:

What do you like better about the 360 version?  I've always been more a fan of PC games.  The graphics are typically better and there are just more options.  I guess this is just because PCs can grow and consoles are static.  Now I'll give you that for stability and instant gratification console games have it made, and ultimately I may have just answered my own question ...
Well... I don't know, the game just feels better. Also seeing as how I only have a 128 mb graphics card I play PC on medium. To me the game looks better because it is indeed on an Xbox 360 which has a better graphics card than me. Overall the graphics are better (for me) and I just like the overall feel of the game. More realistic to me.
Viper38
+118|6689
No contest ... PC FTW!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard