--==00OIO00==--
+12|6562|Manchester, England
I went to log on to my account this morning and it just sits on Connecting To Account Server with the red 2 spinning.

When I do a CTRL / ALT / DEL it says Not Responding.

I tried it on my laptop - exactly the same problem.

Therefore, I tried it on my niece's computer - she logged in fine using her profile so I set up my profile on her computer - lo and behold - my profile would not log in!

Therefore, I set up her profile on my desktop and my laptop and her profiles logged in fine on both computers but when I tried mine again, the program crashed and didn't respond!

Strange!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Alex
r0oki3
+13|6581
Sounds like blocked ports.

The following "Ports" are for Client side,
Please make sure they are opened... on router/firewall if you have one.

port:  type:

27900 UDP.

29900 UDP & TCP .

80 TCP.

28910 TCP.

1500-4999 UDP.

If you are behind a router and are unsure how to open up the ports you could try finding your router make and model here

http://www.portforward.com/english/rout … rindex.htm

and see if you can get things sorted.

Last edited by r0oki3 (2006-06-17 07:08:33)

--==00OIO00==--
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Would that explain the fact that only one of the accounts is not working but others on the same machine log on fine and that this occurs on multiple machines?

I will work on the recommendations you have made.

Thanks.

Alex
good72032
+0|6729
I had the same problem around 1 am this morning. It said that there was a database error, and could not connect. I tried again, and a message popped up saying that the server terminated the connection. Tried again at 9 am (Central Time), connected successfully.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6749|Germany

--==00OIO00==-- wrote:

Would that explain the fact that only one of the accounts is not working but others on the same machine log on fine and that this occurs on multiple machines?

Thanks.

Alex
Well, if your niece can log-in, than you should be able to log-in too.
So it's nothing about portblocking.
Did you try already loggin your nice and while she's online you try to connect to account server?
r0oki3
+13|6581

bmb|danCer wrote:

--==00OIO00==-- wrote:

Thanks.

Alex
Well, if your niece can log-in, than you should be able to log-in too.
So it's nothing about portblocking.
Did you try already loggin your nice and while she's online you try to connect to account server?
Not true,

If they are on a network the router can have ports open on one IP ( say the laptop ) and closed on another IP ( the pc in question ) .
You really need to have a look at your Router settings.
If possible try setting up a DMZ. ( its not the safest option and should be tried as a last resort )

Some info about DMZ.
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/ … ng-dmz.asp
LockerFish
+47|6740
You need to read, he logged in on her PC/whatever, and then tried to log himself in on HER PC/whatever. He used the same mchine as her. He shouldn't have a problem...
--==00OIO00==--
I tried to log on to my account using different routers on different computers with all of the firewalls turned off.

Whenever I used an account other than my own I was able to log in perfectly.

Whenever is used --==00OIO00==-- the Connecting To Account Server screen hung and would do nothing.

I really appreciate the advice on the ports but I don't think that is the problem.

Could EA have done something to my account or could my account be on a different server to the others?

Thanks - I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Alex
--==00OIO00==--
I sent a message to EA and they responded with a generic response covering absolutely everything that 'might' be wrong.

It was clear that they had not read my message and had just sent a general repsonse to cover an account server connection issue.

Fortunately, this morning I tried to log on and voila - success!

Based on the nature of my problem and the fact that I could connect to some accounts but not one particular account suggests that there was a problem with the account server on which --==00OIO00==-- resides.

I hope that this thread helps others that might have the same problem in the future!

Thanks for your help chaps! At least I had something to work on during my 'exile'.

Alex

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard