GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6773

Ok, I know how much we all hate getting punished when our carefully placed explosives take out a friendly soldier... but I've come to realize (after walking into my own claymore) that the warning signs are rather sutle sometimes, so unless you're paying attention they go unnoticed.

Mines out in the open are easy to spot, so is C4, but claymores are hard to spot. Sometimes I'll climb a roof in Karkhand and place a claymore to stop people from getting my, but without a doubt, I know a teammate will run into it. Why you say?? Because it's really hard to spot the mine, even when you start climbing. I have fallen victim to this many times and it angers the hell out of me, not because my teammate placed it there, but because I really didn't notice the mine. That causes people to get pissed off and punish for no reason.

I wouldn't mind if EA tweaked this system a bit, maybe adding a sound, or placing an icon in the map. It would help if players were aware that teammates place mines sometimes so we should be on the lookout, but lets face it, when you are getting raped, the last thing on your mind is spotting those friendly explosives.
Snoogans84
+1|6769
Theres a bid red skull on the right of the screen, you should be able to see it, but yes I does iritate me when a teammate climbs a ladder to a claymore.  It annoys me even more when the same person repeats the activity a second time immediately after respawning.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6783|London UK

If you alt-tab for whatever reason, when you come back certain icons no longer appear including the fridnly mine/c4/claymore signs.

You can put them back on by simply hitting left alt, however I think some players forget to turn it back on, cus there is absolutely no excuse for some of the stupid things I see some players doing.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6767|Longueuil
lol i forget to turn it back on often when i do alt tab but somtimes when your in a firefight its hard to look for claymores or arty on the mini or 3d map exemple yesterday im capturing a flag but i did not looo my mini map cause i had a lot of resistance and  i was in a greet posision to kill them all but the friendly arty fell on me boom died...i seriously should put my arty warnings all in english !!!And for claymore just dont use them on top of laters use your headphones you can ear them climbing it give you enought time to wait for them with a knife on top for an easy kill since its easy to knife someone on top of a lader. I usualy use claymores when im out of amo i rush to the enemy base and put them on the ground before i get rape..2 garanteed kills sometimes 3 of even 4...and look a t the maps some maps lilke karkand are easy to claymore since every enemy always take the same path and friendly dont reallly go those places...

Last edited by J0hn.F.Kenedy (2005-11-09 07:26:32)

dsb
+0|6788
when climbing a ladder, there IS a point at which you can see over the side and scan for a claymore instead of just climbing blindly to the top.  Personally I think there's no excuse for punishing a TK from a friendly AT mine or claymore.
Deedubya
+-2|6813|The Seventh Circle of Hell
People could just remap the 3D map button to Right Alt. That's what I did since I use Left Alt for Ventrilo.
Hakula
+1|6755|Turku - Finland

dsb wrote:

when climbing a ladder, there IS a point at which you can see over the side and scan for a claymore instead of just climbing blindly to the top.  Personally I think there's no excuse for punishing a TK from a friendly AT mine or claymore.
I agree on this one. But i think C4 is another think because you detonate the explosive your self and it's not automatic.
dsb
+0|6788

Hakula wrote:

I agree on this one. But i think C4 is another think because you detonate the explosive your self and it's not automatic.
Yeah, that's why I left C4 out.  I don't usually punish no matter what, unless its a blatantly moronic TK (like lobbing a grenade into the flag zone when you're guys are already up there turning it) and even then it really depends on my mood.

I know on a bad day I can sometimes be sloppy with the c4, so I'm generally pretty forgiving.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6763
I'd like to see the game change the proximity alerts a little.  At least, change the colour between C4 and mines.  For example, keep the mines RED and make the C4 ORANGE.  Right now, everything is red, and it sometimes stops friendly vehicles from driving through a chokepoint where you have layed C4.   If the C4 skulls were orange, they would know they are okay to pass.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

GotMex? wrote:

Ok, I know how much we all hate getting punished when our carefully placed explosives take out a friendly soldier... but I've come to realize (after walking into my own claymore) that the warning signs are rather sutle sometimes, so unless you're paying attention they go unnoticed.

Mines out in the open are easy to spot, so is C4, but claymores are hard to spot. Sometimes I'll climb a roof in Karkhand and place a claymore to stop people from getting my, but without a doubt, I know a teammate will run into it. Why you say?? Because it's really hard to spot the mine, even when you start climbing. I have fallen victim to this many times and it angers the hell out of me, not because my teammate placed it there, but because I really didn't notice the mine. That causes people to get pissed off and punish for no reason.

I wouldn't mind if EA tweaked this system a bit, maybe adding a sound, or placing an icon in the map. It would help if players were aware that teammates place mines sometimes so we should be on the lookout, but lets face it, when you are getting raped, the last thing on your mind is spotting those friendly explosives.
unless your paying attention???

haha its a war game i think you should be!!!
please keep this guy away from the recrutment office
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON
Yawn...

When climbing up ladder, change the camera view so that it is looking out from inside the building.

Now you can see the claymore easily.
Alpha as fuck.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6793|The Hague, Holland
My friend, I whas the soldier who climbed up the ladder and walked into your claymore.
We all have done it sometime. You learn. What do we learn?
Ive learned from these mistakes that you should look on the roof before actually making your last steps on the ladder. Everybody is doing it. Learn and be wise my young grasshoppers.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6782|Atlanta, GA USA

Nyte wrote:

Yawn...

When climbing up ladder, change the camera view so that it is looking out from inside the building.

I don't think you can change camera view when not in a vehicle.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6773

I guess the overall feeling is "Watch out for mines you noobs", I've become more aware of them these days, but the ladder claymores still get me sometimes. They are really hard to see. Another thing I've been thinking of is that it would be cool if you approach a claymore slowly enough, you can diffuse it. Problem is, sometimes I have to jump down from a roof/crane and after that I can't get back because claymore is in the way. Oh well.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

atlvolunteer wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Yawn...

I don't think you can change camera view when not in a vehicle.
you can change it on anything that dosnt involve walking...ladder is one of them
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6855|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
You cannot imagine how many times I have saved my ass just cause i always climb ladders with external view

JUST press "C" when you climb up.

IT WORKS, DO IT!

PS this is one of those "Its already been discussed topics" so Search search search!!!!!

Last edited by jag1973 (2005-11-09 13:14:20)

IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6804|Canberra, Australia
I think this is one of the most talked about topics about BF2 since Blackwhoring... 

I wish people would stop TKing 90% of the time....  But what are we going to do about it?
BladeRunner
+5|6759|UK
Simple Rule: If you get blown up with a friendly claymore...chances are the sniper was trying to cover his un-armoured prone back. He didn't do it just to kill you. He's on your side.

FORGIVE THE SNIPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-09 13:48:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard