+54|6524|london, enlgand

King_County_Downy wrote:

I got a spinner watch. It's the shit.
lol =1 for u
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6510

Masta_Daco wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Rap takes no talent, all you need is a drum machine and a book of nursery ryhmes.
And since when did the record player become a musical instrument, whats next the "TV".

All other forms of music take TALENT to write.

There's drums, gotta learn that.
Guitar, gotta learn that.
Bass, same.
Keyboards and Piano.

All these take time to learn with lessons usually, then your skill is creating tunes together that others like.

Any Metalhead could write a rap tune, and perform it.
No Rapper could write a Metal song and go perform it.

So the difference between Rap and Metal is.......Talent

I prefer people with Talent.

Keep Banging thy Head!
OMG so you mean screaming and destroying guitars recuire skills? o yeah id like to see some heavy metal dude write lyrics of 2pac i bet he'd wouldnt even finish 2 sentences. o yeah and dont -1 karma me cuz i am giving my opinion.
Dude i'm sorry but now your being stupid

Masta_Daco wrote:

OMG so you mean screaming and destroying guitars recuire skills?
To make music of any kind takes allot of skill and you misinterpret every thing wrong you stupid donkey n00b I never for once said Rap sucks I said it’s the biggest load of elephant shit!!! ever produced sort of like the stuff coming out your mouth so STFU

Last edited by =TFF=Omen_NataS (2006-06-16 12:16:43)

younggun
+28|6614
I like both. A lot of rap is the same and I only like the creative songs. Afroman is a very creative rapper lol

Depends what mood I'm in...If I'm pissed off I'll listen to metal...If I'm feeling good I'll listen to rap or other things.

I like lots of kinds of music.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6510|The Lost Highway
It's mostly suburbanite blacks processed by a record company into "thugs" to make money. Look at 2Pac, he danced like a fuckin' fruit in that one guys videos and shows. You know the guy, the one who sang about 'gettin busy in a Burger King bathroom.' His name escapes me ATM. (Edit: His name is Humpty Dumpty.)

Then five years later he's Mr. Outlaw Gangster Shoot his own Momma for a crack rock thug.

It's all lame man.

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2006-06-16 12:25:19)

C.Schaffer
+19|6568|Sweden
Heavy Metal Ftw!!!!! Graaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last2Stand
+7|6499

FlyingBitch wrote:

If you listen to rap.. Good rap, 2pac and so on its about politics.. Not only about cars and shit...
Metal is only screaming, like this: FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU
I disagree. I dont know what kind of metal you listen to, but perhaps you should try listening to one of the founders (emphasis on "one of the"): Metallica. I'm serious. As many people have said, it is harder to perform metal than rap. How many of you have just happened to walk by a guitar and instantly start playing it and singing along? How many of you have just happened to write some poetry and put a beat to it? Of course, both numbers are low, but I believe the first one is lower.
Maybe the poll should be:
-I can write a good five minute song (Some people will count playing a single note over and over as a song)
-I can write a good 20-line poetry with a beat (Some people will say rhyming is the only way)
-I can do both
It would be interesting to see how many people who dont play an instrument listen to rap, those who do listen to rap, etc.

All in all, I think as long as you can stand listening to either without throwing up, laughing, or making a rude comment, you'll be fine.

P.S.- Please no + or - karma. This is heavily opinionated stuff. I just wanted to say it. If you want to congradulate me or scream at me, please send me a message.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6510|The Lost Highway

Masta_Daco wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Rap takes no talent, all you need is a drum machine and a book of nursery ryhmes.
And since when did the record player become a musical instrument, whats next the "TV".

All other forms of music take TALENT to write.

There's drums, gotta learn that.
Guitar, gotta learn that.
Bass, same.
Keyboards and Piano.

All these take time to learn with lessons usually, then your skill is creating tunes together that others like.

Any Metalhead could write a rap tune, and perform it.
No Rapper could write a Metal song and go perform it.

So the difference between Rap and Metal is.......Talent

I prefer people with Talent.

Keep Banging thy Head!
OMG so you mean screaming and destroying guitars recuire skills? o yeah id like to see some heavy metal dude write lyrics of 2pac i bet he'd wouldnt even finish 2 sentences. o yeah and dont -1 karma me cuz i am giving my opinion.
You're kidding right? Tupac from what I've heard, was a capable writer, but not the end all be all of lyrics. John and Paul (If you don't know who I'm refering to, you're hopeless) wrote much better lyrics. So have many other performers. Bob Marley, Robert Plant, Bob mother fuckin' Dylan, dudes from The 13th Floor Elevators, the list goes on and on and on.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

messmessmess17 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

I got a spinner watch. It's the shit.
lol =1 for u
All the girls like it when I spin it real fast for em. Makes em bend over and show me their asses. Some will start laughin' like it's some kinda joke, but once it slows down those gold diggers count my spokes.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Masta_Daco
+39|6707|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
thats true but i am not gonna name every rapper, it was just an example and its cuz i like 2pac his songs. but still some poeple give me -1's cuz they dont like rap lolz (sad fag's)
coldtoast
+12|6589|uk
thers rooms for everything guys, some posing attention seekers in every type of music, and others that just try their best to make music in there own way because it makes sense to them...
to those drawn between rap and metal - check out stuff fromm the judgement night soundtrack, both working together!

just another victim, kid!
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Roger.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6633|USA

mKmalfunction wrote:

It's mostly suburbanite blacks processed by a record company into "thugs" to make money. Look at 2Pac, he danced like a fuckin' fruit in that one guys videos and shows. You know the guy, the one who sang about 'gettin busy in a Burger King bathroom.' His name escapes me ATM. (Edit: His name is Humpty Dumpty.)

Then five years later he's Mr. Outlaw Gangster Shoot his own Momma for a crack rock thug.

It's all lame man.
2pac has some deep stuff. Sorry you stopped at the gangbanger song. Jay-Z seems to be a good rapper for white people try him. Im white and grew up in a ghetto. You people know nothing on this thread. Continue to talk amongst yourselves.

Quick food for thought. Who makes more money? The metal heads or the rappers. Exactly.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/ac8bf6d114.jpg
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Reggae FTW! ...

Honestly, I can't listen to most "rap" music... Just don't like it at all... Can't see the point to it...

Metal isn't bad, but shredding does get repetitive...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6520|Southeastern USA
rapsux
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

I'm kind of in between. There are different ways to look at this. I would listen to some normal metal, but I hate death metal and any of that screaming/growling crap. At the same time, mainstream rap sucks, but I enjoy some of the not so popular rappers. In some cases rap beats metal, and in others metal beats rap.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
i think alot of metal promotes hate, and alot of time, racial slurs. I am not saying that some rap doesnt promote violence (alot of mainstream shit does) and i am not saying ALL metal does. For the most part tho, metal groups are a bunch of retards who were most likely abused as children (or dropped on their heads)

And as for mainstream.

SOME mainstream rappers are actually from poor areas. this doesnt mean that they were necessarily gangsters OR violent. The producers just gave them that appearance.

OTHER mainstream rappers are from the suburbs. I think these ones are rather smart, in that they know that rapping about violence will sell records. They don't care if they are selling themselves out.

Immortal Technique is a strange case. He was born in puerto rico and moved into the US later in his life. I think this is mainly why his style is so unique. Living in another country opened his eyes to more and broadened his perpective.  His message is not violent, but it has meaning. He knows a hell of a lot. Much more than any metal artist out there. He does huge amounts of research before spitting rhymes.

anyways. don't blame the mainstream rappers for being shitty, they just want money, as do many people.
Poppycock
+16|6513|Bellevue, NE
eh I say rap-metal is the best! My favorite group is Mindless Self Indulgence (MSI) I love hearing rock played on instruments with that good ol' rapping over it. I say we can all just live in peace.
TehMyke
D:
+343|6679
hardcore > "metal"

as I'm assuming by metal you're probably referring to shit like slipknot and other crappy bands.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
slipknot = teh suck
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

What about the Hilltop Hoods? Ive heard them and they're pretty good, none of this bullshit about growing up in a fucking "ghetto" "Busting "Caps"" and none of this racist bullshit

To me, all these bloody rappers go on like everytime they walk down the street, every single person says something racist to them

IMHO racism gained some real "popularity" if thats what you call it because of all these rappers

Hip hop is alright, I guess, I can stand it, but I wont put it on in the car, and it better be none of this Missy Higgens bullshit either
geko42
+4|6551|Reefersyde, CA
I like alot of metal, but perfer Underground Hip Hop, its not like that BS radio c-rap.   Their more intelligent and speak on REAL world ish.   People like Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Swollen Members, Ill Bill, Freestyle Fellowship, Heiroglphics, ect.     Other then that rap is crap.  and Punk/Metal is it for me.   Besides geniuses like 2pac, Dre, and the very few there are in main stream. 

-  Dankassasin42o   (used clanmates name to post this, per he was automaticlly logged in.)
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
I wrote the about on geko, just postin with mine, so you can flame me 

but underg. is really good.

kessel! wrote:

metal is just so lame! its a bunch of screaming. i would rather listen to some well articulated rap (again. not the mainstream variety). rap with purpose. seriously.

shit that sucks
50 Cent
G-Unit
Slim thug (what kind of name is that)
Etc.

ill shit
Immortal Technique
Talib Kaweli
Dead Prez
I wouldin't listen to a band that can't even spell correctly.

I like rock and some metal, but nothing hardcore. No I'm not a Dillinger Escape Plan fan, I'm more of a Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer fan. AC/DC rocks my pants too.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6735|Dallas
OK, let me say this:

Rock>Rap. 

Period.  End of discussion, we may now lock the thread, thanks for playing.

Masta_Daco wrote:

1. For someone who advocates the talent of rappers by their ability to manipulate the English language into rhyming sentences that could not be replicated by a rocker, your English fucking sucks.  -1 for that.

2. 2pac is a stupid name and he is (I'm sorry, WAS) also a stupid person.  Thanks for helping usher in that whole "gangsta" age............big contribution buddy.  Thanks alot.

Masta_Daco wrote:

thats true but i am not gonna name every rapper, it was just an example and its cuz i like 2pac his songs. but still some poeple give me -1's cuz they dont like rap lolz (sad fag's)
Another -1 for you tomorrow.

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

2pac has some deep stuff. Sorry you stopped at the gangbanger song. Jay-Z seems to be a good rapper for white people try him. Im white and grew up in a ghetto. You people know nothing on this thread. Continue to talk amongst yourselves.

Quick food for thought. Who makes more money? The metal heads or the rappers. Exactly.
Jay-Z good for whites?  I guess that is why he is boycotting his favorite alcohol (whatever the fuck it is called, not even going to attempt to spell it), because the owner of the brand said "I'm not sure if the hip-hop community is the best for our image".  Apparently Mr. Jay-Z thinks that racist.  Perhaps it is just that particular brand, doesn't want to be associated with people who have spinners on their roller skates and advocate the use of illegal drugs openly.  Perhaps they don't want rappers to mention their name and then go on about ho's and phat rims and cappin' nigga's.  I don't blame them.

Also, no one gives a shit where you grew up.  It's irrelevant to the thread.  To say people know nothing because they didn't grow up in a shit-hole like you just goes to show how rap will rot your brain and make you a sad and stupid fool like Mason4Assassin444.  Rappers make more money because their target fan base is a bunch of retards and we all know there are more stupid people in the world than there are smart people. 

Rock will be around forever.  Rock evolves and changes with time, rap just changes beats and keeps rapping about the same old shit.  Ghettos, ho's, spinners, guns, weed, shooting people, escalades and various brands of alcohol.

Rock FTW.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard