Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|5183

well first off i could hear garbled voices that were not the teamspeak regulars and it seemed that hellhead who was on the other team was not hearing them.  second, when I head these voices the little green speak icon appeared in the bottom corner along with the name of the squad mate.  third, when i pressed the B button (i think that's right) the little green speak icon appeared on the bottom corner again and when i said "can you hear me" (by pressing b, not my normal teamspeak button) i heard replies of "yah" even though they weren't very clear.  i believe a new BF2s EU guy name "sifright" can confirm that it was working cause he joined my squad and i think said that it was working. 

i kept yelling out "is VOIP working?" on teamspeak but nobody seemed to care and pretty much ignored me so i gave up.  this was on oman.  forgot about it after that cause everybody was too focused on the game.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5243|Cologne, Germany

well, I didn't hear anything over VoIP, but I didn't pay much attention to it anyway. We can try out tonight.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany

Vilham wrote:

whats the player limit on your ts and how do you change it, ours is limited to 10 people and that sucks we want more.
We got it unlimited!
You change it as Superadmin.
That would be your provider or the owner of TS.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|5025|EU

is it right that VOIP works??? Havent been on server for few days but heard about it. Thanks
Echo
WOoKie
+383|5121|The Netherlands
As far as i know, voip is still not working. I think they were talking about teamspeak.
pbarrette
Member
+1|4940|Wiesbaden, Germany
Hi all,

First post here.

Teamspeak Overlay (or TSO) works just fine in BF2. However, you do have to set it up correctly.

Options -> Debug tab -> Use Alternative Direct-X Method = checked

If you do that, TSO will work perfectly in BF2. I've used it in Joint Operations and BF2 with zero punkbuster problems.  Apparently there was an issue with punkbuster kicking for TSO in the past. The punkbuster issue was fixed in TSO build #58 back in late '05.

The only Teamspeak in-game display program that punkbuster will kick for is the one I originally wrote for BHD, AFIK. That program used a proxy D3D8 dll file in the game folder which caused the kick in PB enabled games.

--------------------

Also, I know that there was a program released for BF1942 which would automatically place Teamspeak users into the correct channel depending on which team they were on in game. I wrote a similar program for BHD that worked server side, so I know it should be possible for BF2 as well.

With Teamspeak, TSO and an auto-channel changer going, the BF2 VOIP would probably lose some appeal due to the low quality voice codecs.

An auto channel changer for BF2 may already exist. A search through the [url=http://forum.goteamspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60]Teamspeak 3rd party apps[/url] forum area would probably be the best place to start looking. Lots of good teamspeak integration software there.

--------------------

Anyway, thanks for having me on the forums here and I hope to kill some of you soon.

pb
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|5064|The Netherlands
We Have Voip  Working   At The Moment !


EDIT : we HAD VOIP working... after i got disconnected and reconnected it didn't work for me anymore

???

Last edited by Lt.Goldman (2006-06-14 15:22:51)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|5183

pbarrette wrote:

Hi all,

First post here.

Teamspeak Overlay (or TSO) works just fine in BF2. However, you do have to set it up correctly.

Options -> Debug tab -> Use Alternative Direct-X Method = checked

If you do that, TSO will work perfectly in BF2. I've used it in Joint Operations and BF2 with zero punkbuster problems.  Apparently there was an issue with punkbuster kicking for TSO in the past. The punkbuster issue was fixed in TSO build #58 back in late '05.

The only Teamspeak in-game display program that punkbuster will kick for is the one I originally wrote for BHD, AFIK. That program used a proxy D3D8 dll file in the game folder which caused the kick in PB enabled games.

--------------------

Also, I know that there was a program released for BF1942 which would automatically place Teamspeak users into the correct channel depending on which team they were on in game. I wrote a similar program for BHD that worked server side, so I know it should be possible for BF2 as well.

With Teamspeak, TSO and an auto-channel changer going, the BF2 VOIP would probably lose some appeal due to the low quality voice codecs.

An auto channel changer for BF2 may already exist. A search through the Teamspeak 3rd party apps forum area would probably be the best place to start looking. Lots of good teamspeak integration software there.

--------------------

Anyway, thanks for having me on the forums here and I hope to kill some of you soon.

pb
hi, welcome to our little community of idiots!  any idea why our VOIP don't work?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|5121|The Netherlands

superfly_cox wrote:

hi, welcome to our little community of idiots!  any idea why our VOIP don't work?
Welcome to the bf2s forum pbarrette. Well our sponsor/server provider told us to try changing ports and we tried several but we cant get it to work unfortunately. Any idea's mate?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|5152
all we need now is for a third party program which can lower the sound of BF2 when someone speaks over TS. think this would be good because sometimes when i am in a tank/apc/fyling device i cant hear what people are saying on TS.

will try this overlay thing soon, sounds good!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany

bmb|danCer wrote:

Teamspeakoverlay was very popular during my Desert Combat time.
But unfortunatly it is not compatibel with bf2
tried it several times, but it does not work with bf2.
correct me if i am wrong.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany
http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/

They say it's possible with BF2, but it didn't work for me.
I like to get proofed otherwise.
infinity101
Member
+5|4983

bmb|danCer wrote:

http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/

They say it's possible with BF2, but it didn't work for me.
I like to get proofed otherwise.
i had it working once....and as i used it only once => 100% success rate

i went to options => debug tab  and checked the "Use alternative directx method"

and it worked fine...

but when i alt tabbed out of the game it stopped working so i had to restart it

but now i can actually know who is saying what as i don't recognize your voices yet...
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|5030|Germany
i will give it a try. report will follow asap

EDIT: Ok, tried "TS Overlay" but it didn't work for me Played with the options but had no luck.

Last edited by captain-a (2006-06-18 12:50:52)

infinity101
Member
+5|4983
i had it working again today ....but people were not really talkative on the team-speak

maybe it was because they were on the other team and didn't want to reveal their plans

so it is of not much use anyway => not a big loss if you cant make it work
l41e
Member
+677|5050

I just run BF2 in a window and have TS off to the side so I can see who's talking...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany
Do you run BF2 in a window only because of that?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany
I tried the Teamspeakoverlay again today but it didn't work for me either. I tried both methods.
But i think after some time now i can identify by hearing the voices of the regulars that come to teamspeak.
Of course it would be helpful to see the name of who  is talking.
If anybody else wants to try it out www.teamspeakoverlay.com

Teamspeak Update:

I regsitered yesterday our teamspeak server at teamspeakviewer.com
Today i got the confirmation and within the allowence to view it online through their hosting:

You can see now live who is online.

To refresh press F5.

I think if i would implement it in the post it would cause to much traffic.

Live status - small

Code:

http://www.danceman.org/img/bmb/ts-view.html
Live status - big

Code:

http://www.danceman.org/img/bmb/ts-view-full.html
Bookmark the one you want to your browser if you want.

Greetz,
dancer

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-06-19 11:10:25)

l41e
Member
+677|5050

bmb|danCer wrote:

Do you run BF2 in a window only because of that?
No, I can do stuff while I load maps and I don't get lag when I exit BF2.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany
Treu thing, cause latly my bf2 gets graphics problems after i ALT+TAB out.
But for viewing click the links above!
l41e
Member
+677|5050

Very cool. I bookmarked the first one.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5243|Cologne, Germany

I have raised the number of slots for the USMC / MEC / PLA subchannels, and also added to two more subchannels. This should allow us to manage TS channel switching better.

The general rules are:

If you are a member of one of the two regular [bf2s] squads, join one of the two appropriate subchannels ( First Squad, Second Squad ). As long as the squads on the server are not complete, everybody else can join those channels too.

The goal is to have those in one squad on the server also talk in the same subchannel on TS.

Please, don't join a subchannel on TS if you are not in the respective squad on the server.

For example, we can't have people playing in some random PLA squad talk in the Second Squad subchannel.
I have created two subchannels for USMC and MEC/PLA each, so we should have enough channels for everybody.

It requires a little management skill, but I do believe we can make this work. So, if you are on the server, playing in a squad, simply join an appropriate free subchannel in TS, tell your squadmates which channel you are in and ask them to join you. Simple as that.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany

B.Schuss wrote:

I have raised the number of slots for the USMC / MEC / PLA subchannels, and also added to two more subchannels. This should allow us to manage TS channel switching better.

The general rules are:

If you are a member of one of the two regular [bf2s] squads, join one of the two appropriate subchannels ( First Squad, Second Squad ). As long as the squads on the server are not complete, everybody else can join those channels too.

The goal is to have those in one squad on the server also talk in the same subchannel on TS.

Please, don't join a subchannel on TS if you are not in the respective squad on the server.

For example, we can't have people playing in some random PLA squad talk in the Second Squad subchannel.
I have created two subchannels for USMC and MEC/PLA each, so we should have enough channels for everybody.

It requires a little management skill, but I do believe we can make this work. So, if you are on the server, playing in a squad, simply join an appropriate free subchannel in TS, tell your squadmates which channel you are in and ask them to join you. Simple as that.
One more thing:
If you try to switch yourself to the apropriate channel, pls use drag and drop to do so.
The channel admins (CA) can also switch you. Pls be so kind and always use drag and drop.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5117|Germany
I would like to add something:

If you are connected to teamspeak but are not playing, not going to and just wanna hang out in ts for a while. i Don't know what reason for as i don't care Please switch yourself to the channel: bmb|chillout
This channel got the restrictions that you cannot be heard neither you c an say something. You may try but the other person won't hear it. If you wanna chat and you are not playing or not going to:
Evil fruits, evil beer, naked gunners chatter
l41e
Member
+677|5050

Yaay. Thanks to DanCer, I am now registered on TS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard