doxy
+74|6792|Nevis

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

or just let it be, develop some skills, and play the game
u develop the skill, that is needed to take down the raper!

i suppose this will be a never ending story *gg*
theoflow
+1|6758
i agree with the point of the story.  Although i commented on another thread about how there is some examples of base raping, i find myself looking at the teamwork aspect of it all.  Karland is a good example where armor can camp right outside of the alleyways to kills spawners at the first flag.  HOWEVER, if yoru a good teamate, you have to try and take out that armor for your team to win.

Another example, if i could jsut get it off my chest was when i was trying to get the Explosive ordinance badge.  there are some parts of karkland that you could C4 kill spawners.  Now i don't really think that is spawn camping necessarily because i'm in full view of enemy teamates.  And if i kill you, you spawn somewhere else trying to hunt me down and then kill you because i know your coming, then you quite frankly deserve to get killed.

And on another note, i got called a spawn camper (among much other colorful things) by my a teamate when i was doing this and he walked into my C4 trap.  Not my fault he got in the way.  The thing that REALLY pisses me off was that he was a sniper and laying down claymores (which he got credit for the kills) at the same places i was putting down C4.  This is dedicated to you, you single-minded bastid.  =p
Obeliximus
+0|6751
I agree, no such thing as baserape!!  This thread should be stickied...

And consider this, Operation Clean Sweep is essentially an excercise in base-rape for the MEC team.  If they execute then they win.  If they don't pound the lone USMC base mercilessly then they will lose.

SPAWNING IS NOT A RIGHT, IT IS A PRIVILEGE THAT SHOULD BE EARNED!!!!

I hate baserape whiners...

Last edited by Obeliximus (2005-11-03 23:23:01)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Heretic wrote:

I bought this game knowing full well what was going to happen. Your an idiot to think that getting hammered at your last flag was never going to happen.

Go play a console game. Stop whinng about a great product that was CREATED FOR YOU. People will find fault in anything and not enjoy what has been created for there enjoyment.

GOD DAMN whinners ! I get an M203 in the face all the time. I never whine about it. I get smoked by a tank that is parked by a spawn point all the time. I don't whine. I get TK'd and don't punish unless it's the 3rd offense by the same individual.

You people need to have your PC taken from you for 5 years. Maybe then you can appreciate what has been set before you.

Figures, all you people would take another object for granted.

You fkin ppl make me sick. I hope your PC burst into flames and you go without the net for a few weeks.

Shut up, quit whinning and enjoy what hundreds of people have spend ( in hours of one's life ) going to school so they could create there dream for the massses to enjoy.

Fkn whinners.

Great site.

Later.
All though I'm a bit late, I had to say something.
Holy shit dude, calm down, (you probably have now.) People are allowed to complain. It's their own private breakdown, and you can ignore it easially. And your commants about my computer - too late. It died as soon as I bought it in 2001.
Fucking Bond + Bond. Give me a crappy fucking computer deal will you?
Pricks.
Okay, I'll calm down now.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

will sticky this, as this topic is discussed a lot.
Selaron
+0|6813

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Your arguement is really weak to defend statpading/base raping.  Weakest thing i have read in these forums yet.  Only a statpadder or short school bus rider would be okay with spawn camping or raping.  If that what your skill is limited to, be my guest.  I don't have respect for that.  Theres no good excuse for it.  Heres my reasons you don't need to resort to such low tactics. 

1.  If its a cappable flag then be in range to cap it

2.  If its untakeable you got no business being there unless your blowing up commander assets or stealing a vehicle

3.  You can always defend the bases you do have (you get an extra point for killing an enemy in flag cap range = 3 points as appossed to the usual 2 for a kill)

4.  EVEN WAR HAS RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.
Thats right, as soon as only the untakeable enemy Mainbase remains, go defend your flags und stop just bombing Spawning soldiers. Especially on Maps like Dalian Plant and Cleansweep. Baserape has nothing to do with taktiks and isnt challenging anyway. Your commander provides all necessary Informations where Enemies leaving the Mainbase  are moving to attack so you can see which flag might going to be attacked  and go defend it.

You ever noticed the "no parking"-Icon at the Mainbases? This is how it looks like:
https://driving.information.in.th/images/thai-no-parking.jpg

And it says: "keep out of here!!!"

Selaron

Last edited by Selaron (2005-11-04 00:26:26)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
Are these considered base camping/ raping?

FuShe Pass: Depending on the side i am on, i will go once or twice to the opposite uncap as a spec ops with either

a) tank/ apc: go there, blast commander assets, choppers and planes as they are about to take off; while picking off a few of the enemy along the way. once out of C4, move to edge of runway, try to fend off attacks while waiting for a resupply drop. Process is repeated until i get blown away.

b) jeep: basically the same except that i will go away from the base to hide out for a resupply.

I feel that when done in moderation its fine.
BladeRunner
+5|6750|UK
Must be honest and admit that I've done some bitchin in my time...but it stops now.

For me there is no problem sitting on the enemy's only base. I used to hate it. But there is not much more satisfying than thinking your way out of the situation and fighting your way out. It's like un-even teams. I don't mind any more. Personally beating a squad of 18 with a team of 7 makes me go all warm inside.

For me the idea is to fight the good fight whatever the circumstances; be it out-numbered, out-skilled, or out-gunned. To get stuck in to the enemy no matter what they throw. And to only stop when the fat lady sings*.

* If anyone spots the fat lady on the field of combat, put a cap in her head for me, won't you?

gearpig
+6|6763|SoCal
I was playing as SF yesterday and had infiltrated the enemy's main to blow up their stuff. While there, I encounter an enemy who had just spawned, of course I don't want to get discovered and killed, so I wax him. Next thing I know, he's yelling for everyone to ban the "spawn camper" and initiates a vote-kick against me. I mean c'mon, this is part of the game. I was there legitimately trying to do my part in the battle and this dude is crying and turning people against me like I had done something unfair.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6795

gearpig wrote:

I was playing as SF yesterday and had infiltrated the enemy's main to blow up their stuff. While there, I encounter an enemy who had just spawned, of course I don't want to get discovered and killed, so I wax him. Next thing I know, he's yelling for everyone to ban the "spawn camper" and initiates a vote-kick against me. I mean c'mon, this is part of the game. I was there legitimately trying to do my part in the battle and this dude is crying and turning people against me like I had done something unfair.
I got kicked yesterday for the very same thing.  In the (stupid) admin's defense, many of my team mates were spawn camping at the time and the admin warned everyone to stop.  I went in as SF, started blowing stuff up, next thing I know I'm kicked.  Grrrrrr.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
As for "Rules of Engagement"...  it doesn't fly here.  In a real war, if one of your "Rules" is to allow a near-beaten enemy to regroup, resupply, and mount a fresh new offensive, you deserve to loose.

Most "Rules of Engagement" are to either a) Avoid an armed conflict, during some special type of mission or circumstances, such as peacekeeping or a cease fire agreement, b) Avoid accidentally attacking civilians, or c) Avoid accidental friendly fire.  Of course, in BF2, a) the whole point of the game is armed conflict... war is already raging, b) there are no civilians present in these games, and c) this leaves the only *real* rule of engagement in the game: "If it's red, shoot it, if it's blue or green, don't."  Of course... this topic isn't about TKers spawn-raping their own bases (that happened to me 2 nights ago... which shows me that kicks, like mutinies, should only need the votes of your own teammates.  We initiated kick votes immediately after each one failed, and were begging people to vote "Yes" over the server-wide coms, explaining that this guy was doing nothing but TK'ing, and blowing our own commander assets...  100% of our team voted to kick, only 2-3 on the other team voted to kick (and several were explicitly voting not to kick.  Luckilly, he voluntarily left the server after our forced loss.  I TK'd him once myself... but only because he took medic, and TKed/revived me a good half-dozen or more times in a row before I could aim my engineer's shooty at him and get off a round, what's worse, his clan tag was something like "-=TKer=-").

Now, I've been victim of this myself, and it ticks me off... but it's part of the game.  This happens to me most at Karkand, the Hotel as MEC...  USMC gets a tank or APC up those roads, and it seems every time I spawn, he's already on my alley.  I either take SF and react quickly to get out of LOS, or I spawn Anti-tank at the Square.  My choice...   hell, if I want, I could spawn back at the base and camp for an armor (though often times there'll be an APC left there, each team has 2 on a 64p map).
TA_Havok
+1|6779|Charlotte NC
Nice thread!! Bit late but I too have been on both ends of this and infact my "worst enemy" parachuted onto the carrier in Dalian Plant and was hopping back and forth from one minigun to another in our own BH.I was trying to kill him but he had a buddy who kept circling in the BH and they were cleaning up.We had no flags this was it.Yes it sucked but they exploited our team for the scrubs that we were.Now I will attack the carrier with my jet and fire tv missiles at it from my chopper ad nauseum.I really dont care anymore.People cry and whine but i just laugh knowing that if the shoe was on the other foot they would be giggling with laughter.Like so many people have said before adapt and move on.Its part of the game.
lt.lockz
+1|6755
to piggyback off of the majority... it is war right? how many times have i died due to this...well check my stats haha. anyway like the poster said... make a way we only have one base left RUN AWAY, chances are if you only have one base damn near the opposing team is there.  GO CAP FLAGS!!!!!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

playing as chinese on a 64 player wake island map.  was having a decent game...something like 12 kills/3 deaths.   but we lose our main base...uh oh.  then another and another and we're left with only the flag that is on the southern coast just west of the main base.  talk about rape!!!   there were tanks attacking us from both sides.  hovering over head was a blackhawk and attack choppers with cannons blazing.  every five seconds one of their jets would drop bombs on us.  there was even a boat with machine guns just off the beach where the flag was.  they weren't even making an attempt to cap the point.  i think i finished up with 12 kills/15 deaths...and I didn't even bother spawning for the last 75 tickets cause it was ridiculous. 

but you know what?  i still think that there's nothing wrong in what they did.  they couldn't have capped our flag cause we had 32 people spawning near it.  if a tank had gotten close we would have made him into c4 sandwhich. any infantry trying to enter would have been greatly outnumbers.  if they had backed of one of us would have been able to sneak off and cap a distant flag.  yes, it was so frustrating that i wanted to punch my screen but if i were on the other side i would have done the same. 

and one other thing.  on the USMC aircraft carrier, there is a really nice sniper's perch...i think you have to climb up like 3 ladders but then you got this great spot high above with a nice view of the flight deck.  does anybody think that this is for a USMC sniper?  what is he going to do...shoot enemy planes out of the sky with his m95?  that spot is made for the enemy spec ops player who manages to infiltrate your "non-capable" aircraft carrier.  its a custom-made spawn rape perch for enemy players to take out those waiting on deck.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6754
There IS such a thing as base raping.

HOWEVER its legal. spawn at a different flag, or for that matter spawn on your squad leader like you should be doing. whats that? not in a squad? loser. *

i dont agree with camping an uncappable when its not the last flag left. however, if thats what you want to apply your assets towards, have fun, ill be capping your flags.

*i realize that squad leaders have to spawn somewhere. and i also realize that snipers and spec ops are sometimes better off lone wolf, but for the other 90% of people that are lone wolf without a reason....you suck.
ReaperUK
+0|6753
you'll always get ppl that bitch about this situation, the fact has been highlighted and commented on, war isn't about fair, t's about winning, if you can't handle being raped, fuck off to another server and take your dummy with you..I get fucked from time to time and I hate it, but i don't whine cos i know the 1st chance i get i'ma do the same fucking thing back.

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY
ArmedPartisan
+3|6747
OK. I'm going to settle this argument.

1. I am God.

2. There is no such thing as base raping or stat padding (in the sense that either is wrong, they do exist, but are the chosen path of the righteous and good)

3. Anyone that believes in either is Satan.

4. God always wins.

5. Stat padders and rapers go to Heaven.

Not fair play = not exist

GOD COMMANDS YOU TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

CLANS WITH RULES ARE STUPID.

GO FUCK YOURSELF SATAN.

LOL

Last edited by ArmedPartisan (2005-11-08 19:00:19)

ArmedPartisan
+3|6747
Coolest way to get to lots of kills = blackhawk camp as chinese on Dalian Plant. F2-F3 to sweep left and right. Die you pussies. If you can't defend your own carrier than you deserve a meaningless death. I will fuck you. To all you other base campers out there... see in the blackhawk.

LOL
ArmedPartisan
+3|6747

Selaron wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Your arguement is really weak to defend statpading/base raping.  Weakest thing i have read in these forums yet.  Only a statpadder or short school bus rider would be okay with spawn camping or raping.  If that what your skill is limited to, be my guest.  I don't have respect for that.  Theres no good excuse for it.  Heres my reasons you don't need to resort to such low tactics. 

1.  If its a cappable flag then be in range to cap it

2.  If its untakeable you got no business being there unless your blowing up commander assets or stealing a vehicle

3.  You can always defend the bases you do have (you get an extra point for killing an enemy in flag cap range = 3 points as appossed to the usual 2 for a kill)

4.  EVEN WAR HAS RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.
Thats right, as soon as only the untakeable enemy Mainbase remains, go defend your flags und stop just bombing Spawning soldiers. Especially on Maps like Dalian Plant and Cleansweep. Baserape has nothing to do with taktiks and isnt challenging anyway. Your commander provides all necessary Informations where Enemies leaving the Mainbase  are moving to attack so you can see which flag might going to be attacked  and go defend it.

You ever noticed the "no parking"-Icon at the Mainbases? This is how it looks like:
http://driving.information.in.th/images … arking.jpg

And it says: "keep out of here!!!"

Selaron
You pussies are lucky you get a main base at all.

Instead you  miserable failures at life should lose the flag, not get to respawn and lose the round altogether.

The red cross circle symbol means uncapturable. Not "dont go here"   Moron...  Go play Q3 with the other little tiny babies.

Last edited by ArmedPartisan (2005-11-08 19:04:40)

Piotr[31stMEU]
+0|6748|New York City
tank is not a problem
3 anti-tank people
shoot at the same exact time and actually hit the tank and there will be no tank

we did this together with my unit and it works very well when ur base is the only one left
and YES there is way to get out of the base even if its the only one left
USE STRATEGY and most important USE YOUR HEAD!

Looking for a unit that does things like that?
http://irontri.proboards25.com/ <<31st MEU is recruiting now
Galen1066
+1|6761|Colo. Springs
I have no problem with this at all, like Superfly said it's WAR, better yet it's a game. The thing that does piss me off is a situation that happen the other day on the Sharqi Peninsula map, I was playing USMC and the other side was very organized in thier tactics, they cap'd all the flags in a matter of minutes except for the Hotel, thye had one pilot circling the top of the tower in a Mi28 gunning down everyone and when he wasn't the Ass-hat we had (SFC-Hall) was TKing everyone else, so yes it pissed off a few folks me included, we asked for them to be kicked which finally happened after the 9th or 10th request, but that situation sucks the fun out of the game, in return I've done the same thing on the Oman map with an APV floating off the stern of the carrier, killed most everything that came off of or out of the carrier, so to each his own. Sorry for the rant, but I pretty much agree with ya'll that it's all part of the game.

Last edited by Galen1066 (2005-11-08 20:05:21)

HG_TheTank
+2|6767
@Galen1066:
WTF? first you say base raping is ok, then complain when it happens to you.

BWT: People who think this game is 'war' needs to get their heads checked!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
The game is divided into those with honor and those without.
Those that want challenge and those that want it easy.
Nuff Said.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BladeRunner
+5|6750|UK
If I'm sniping a point and see someone at an uncappable base through my scope...you saying I shouldn't remove his cranium? Just ignore him?

Surely, if the Commander had any sense he'd drop an arty strike on his own last base...OK some of his own men will die, but If it takes out a shed load of the 'campers' and gives the rest a fighting chance it's worth the sacrifice. You never know...this being what they don't expect may give your team something to hold on to.

It's better to think through a problem than cry over it.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-09 15:33:48)

Galen1066
+1|6761|Colo. Springs

HG_TheTank wrote:

@Galen1066:
WTF? first you say base raping is ok, then complain when it happens to you.

BWT: People who think this game is 'war' needs to get their heads checked!
Tank,
sorry for the confusion on my part, but I was in no way complaining about the base raping itself, but combined with the ass-hat we had on our side, made it difficult at best to break-out of the last base the side i was on had, so the combined factors is what actually pissed me off not the base-raping itself, like was stated it's all part of the game. I agree that this is nothing compared to an actual battlefront (been there done that), it's just a game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard