WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio

safshep wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

I just want to give respect to all my fellow ground pounders out there
here, have some of my respect in return,  +1
that's one hell of a cool sig...i love french impressionistic art.

yoyo get your grunt on.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-06-14 22:18:20)

Smitty5613
+46|6527|Middle of nowhere, California
im not usually a "ground pounder", but i am a "computer desk pounder" when i get pissed off in this game
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6676|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Hooah! Ground pounders lead the way.If you see my stats,Im hardly ever in a vehicle.

Last edited by shadow18alpha (2006-06-15 00:59:48)

slidero
http://forums.bf2s.com/profile.php?sect … mp;id=4257

Go to that page put and put your PID in the box that way you won't have to link to your stats in every post
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6585|Hamburg / Germany
i got 12% vehicle kills. call me groundpounder ^^
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
13% here...would have less. But half of them was in a Transport trying to take out the helos on Mashtuur.
Dagger37A
+18|6765|USA

Dagger37A wrote:

Cheers to my fellow ground pounders. +1

https://x402.putfile.com/4/11705345141.gif
and another +1 to the first person to post what the hell this is and what it's for.

OpsChief wrote:

Dagger37A wrote:

stryyker wrote:

civil war marksman medal?
Warm, but Negative, over. lol

It sucks that you can't do a google on a picture! Chuuby knows...
CIB (Combat Infantry Badge) lol did someone else guess already?
+1 to OpsChief! You got it first brother..

History.

(1) The Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) was established by the War Department on 27 October 1943. Lieutenant General Lesley J. McNair, then the Army Ground Forces commanding general, was instrumental in its creation. He originally recommended that it be called the "fighter badge." The CIB was designed to enhance morale and the prestige of the "Queen of Battle." Then Secretary of War Henry Stinson said, "It is high time we recognize in a personal way the skill and heroism of the American infantry."

(2) Originally, the Regimental Commander was the lowest level at which the CIB could be approved and its award was retroactive to 7 December 1941. There was a separate provision for badge holders to receive a $10 per month pay stipend, which was rescinded in 1948. Several factors led to the creation of the CIB, some of the most prominent factors are as follows:

(a) The need for large numbers of well-trained infantry to bring about a successful conclusion to the war and the already critical shortage of infantrymen.

(b) Of all soldiers, it was recognized that the infantryman continuously operated under the worst conditions and performed a mission which was not assigned to any other soldier or unit.

(c) The infantry, a small portion of the total Armed Forces, was suffering the most casualties while receiving the least public recognition.

(d) General Marshall's well known affinity for the ground forces soldier and, in particular, the infantryman. All these factors led to the establishment of the CIB, an award which would provide special recognition of the unique role of the Army infantryman, the only soldier whose daily mission is to close with and destroy the enemy and to seize and hold terrain. The badge was intended as an inducement for individuals to join the infantry while serving as a morale booster for infantrymen serving in every theater.

It arguably the most coveted badge an Infantry soldier can receive. It is a helluva lot easier to get in real life than any badge in BF2. All you have to do is get shot at by the enemy with direct fire (not artillery)! (not to be confused with the purple heart!)lol

Ground Pounders - Git R Done!

Last edited by Dagger37A (2006-06-15 02:34:02)

-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
My stats don't reflect it, but i love to ground pound

Though i'll happily jump in a tank/apc and whore it up \m/
Boots
+17|6541|PA
I consider myself a ground pounder, although I have been getting better in the Air and I love the Little Bird.  I also have been known to whore it up a bit in the armor.

I'll never fly planes... I got a purple heart when I was going for my basic badge.

15,000 flag caps is fuxxin amazing dude... do you play on 32 or less servers a lot?  I've spent at least seventy percent of my play time in 64 person servers on the ground.

:::Kills:::
Helicopter: 1688
Transport: 1797
Armor: 4273

Weapons: 17,272
Equipment: 3,548
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6534|Denmizzark!!
A diverse army wins the battle.. not just ground-pounders capping flags..

U need to utilize everything in your arsenal..

Personaly I like flying as much as groundpounding..
.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6687
maybe we should start a like offical ground pownders union or somthing, i'm willing to get some names.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6693|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

killer21 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Ground pounders are what win rounds.

+1 for you.
Are you stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA?  I think I might have asked you that before.(I really can't remember.)  Sry for going off-topic.
Lol, I'm not in the service yet. I'm enlisting in the Navy next year. However, I do live about 25 minutes south of Pendleton.
Chillin&killin
+27|6676|Manchester,England
infantry all the way
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
+1 for the good post. Got no love for the jet whores
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
=365th= BarbWire
+2|6527
infantry is what wins battles,

ive got %91 of all kills on the ground, cant stand armour............

currently working on moving that 91% up to like 95%

although my stats are still noobified from when i first got the game here they are:

http://bf2s.com/player/44100521/

anyone else got 90% or more total kills with infantry tools?

BarbWire
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Cbass wrote:

I love them.  I have massive respect for people who bomb jeeps and avoid hard targets.
Slink
+17|6698
+1 to the OP.  My ratio isn't as good as some of yours (about 1 vehicle kill to 3 weapon kills), but I'm still respectable
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6583
I only ground pound. I rarely jump in armor but when I do i stay in the whole round and only that round then I let someone else have it. I only go in helis when I have a good pilot because im a good gunner and not a good pilot. I rarely go in jets because I dont want 50 tks and Im not that good of a pilot anyway I just bomb.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

xintegrityx wrote:

Nice to see a thread for ground pounders, but we don't want to hear you brag about your stats either.
I think groundpounders play a huge role, but so do planes and choppers.  Taking flags is one thing, holding bases is another.  A game can't be won with only groundpounding (unless its a city map) or just airpower (unless its Wake).

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-06-15 10:13:47)

a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands

bobroonie.bda wrote:

I just want to give respect to all my fellow ground pounders out there.. It seems to many people now adays are considering the best players to be pilots.. I disagree.. The men in the trenches on foot and assaulting flags win the battles. Its a much tougher game going on foot, working as a team, assaulting and defending flags... We dont have the luxuary of going 1000 - 1. Respect the soilders on foot working those  flags..  So again to all you guys i salute you in your hard up hill battle to be the best, and get the win for you team..

flags capped 15,738

kills with infantry weapons / equipment 60,959

all vehicle kills                  23,808

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/
"look at me i want karma"

dude, ANY attack chopper can be replaced by ground soldiers, and have the same result, BUT, olso the other way around, all ground soldiers can be replaced by attack helis, what can ground do that air cant? NOTHING, mines arent needed when you got 16 choppers.       however i THINK that its best for an attack heli to SUPPORT the ground troups, keeping them safe and cap flags, WHILE taking out all enemys.

basicly a team all infantry or all chopper is fine (i mean both skilled teams....), now, a team with just planes is a problem if you lose flags (dont give me we dont lose flags crap, cause the other team olso has planes, choppers, infantry, evrything)

but the point is, dont say 1 thing is the best, when i play, i want the team to have good infantry, good snipers, good planes, good choppers, and good armor. not just 1 good thing.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

I love them.  I have massive respect for people who bomb jeeps and avoid hard targets.
Hahaha yea exactly. I don't know how many times ive seen this...... Enemy armor rapeing the shit out of a flag, friendly pilot bombs the fully loaded jeep right next to it. Yea lotsa respect LoL
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard