Poll

Best AF map??

Mid-Night Sun24%24% - 41
Road Rage48%48% - 82
Harvest26%26% - 45
Total: 168
Jewbat
+8|6737
Yeah, if you want to risk taking a nosedive into the ground. Other than that's, it's somewhat difficult because the only way to do it without the bombs taking a hit into the fences, is from above and doing that is risky because if you time it wrong, the dirt loves your plane.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6682|Canada Eh?
They all have their strong points

Midnight Sun: It has everything... Boats, Armor, Planes and Choppers oh my!

Road Rage: Its... Fun. The highway is perfect for armor battles yet there's still numerous nooks and crannies for the ground pounders

Harvest: This is just cool, all out warfare on a farm, FTW!

I voted Road Rage though, since I prefer it to Midnight Sun and I didn't play a whole round of Harvest yet, only on an empty server mostly
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
Harvest FTW, it reminds me of WWII battles in europe, and the lightning effects are amazing.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

ORR>MS>OH.  Operation Harvest just sucks.  I don't know why people like it so much.  The only good time I had on it was w/ a very good Super Cobra pilot.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6581
road rage, and harvest are cool. I almost have 8 hours in AF...
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6634
How can you guys like Harvest? It's the new Zatar Wetlands!!!

Road Rage was ok, but many other maps on vBF and BFSF were better.

I have yet to try Midnight Sun so i dont wanan vote yet.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6592|Finland
Road rage, cause when I fly there is not too much trees like in midnight sun.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6655|Italy
harvest, midnight sun is cool but i can't stand that darkness, should have done it in daylight. road rage is ok just too big and a tad boring
FinnTrek
+3|6688
I voted for midnight sun, cause there are something for everybody. I got my expert air defence there
BTW air defence rocks cause every map has mobile AAs. I like also the Harvest. It is not another Zatar, cause there is some use for hiding antitanks and cover for tanks and possibilities to make side sweeps to enemy front.
stoned.defender
+2|6816

The1_Knightmare wrote:

How can you guys like Harvest? It's the new Zatar Wetlands!!!

Road Rage was ok, but many other maps on vBF and BFSF were better.

I have yet to try Midnight Sun so i dont wanan vote yet.
Only played Midnight Sun so far which was ok, but if Harvest is like that borefest Zatar Wetlands I doubt i'll be playing it. To be honest the original city maps and the day maps from SF are the best maps to play on - the rest don't do a lot for me.

And judging from the servers, the original BF2 city maps & Warlord & Ghost Town are what most players want to play on.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6549|Doncaster UK
I really enjoy Harvest i thought it was going to be boring, but i was surprised i think its the best map i have even played a 64 player version with about 8 player on each team and i still enjoyed it, i would defiantly try it. but all in all AF has been a really good booster and i would say it was worth the £6 ($10).
[-UG-] Söldner
+-1|6731|USA
I really enjoy operation road rage, and harvest, its fun on harvest to bounce from the produce farm to the hilltop.
Slashed06
+44|6565
Harvest i think i love the choppers and tanks on there
CmdrTenchi
Sniper / End-Runner / Wedge
+5|6738|Behind your front lines...
I'd have to tip my hat to EA/DICE for putting out good maps that everyone enjoys for a booster.  I like each for their own merits.  Road Rage... nothing like battling on a cloverleaf.  Harvest Silos are great haunts for Squad Leaders with active squads.  Midnight Sun... I never knew what I could do with a Sniper Rifle and everyone else is some other kit.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6741|Oslo, Norway
buy me AF so i can tell you wich one
DirectFire
+6|6568

Cbass wrote:

Voted for Road Rage but Harvest is also cool.
i agree. midnight sun is cool because of the lighting but it sucks its in the mountains; sucks for flying. the PLA bomber sucks azz too.  I love road rage although i wish it was larger like harvest
[-UG-] Söldner
+-1|6731|USA
Harvest is hella fun when you can keep the little bird up.  I like to be the squad leader and drop people off all over the place at flags, especially going over to cap the MEC main, thats a blast.
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6634
Midnight sun is the best, after testing all the maps.

Got my vet and exp AA at the same time there.
lowyaukee
+2|6843
Road Rage
oberst_enzian
+234|6751|melb.au

Adams_BJ wrote:

Harvest FTW, it reminds me of WWII battles in europe, and the lightning effects are amazing.
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. The atmosphere of this map is amazing, and the ridges and hedges are very reminiscent of wwII games set in western europe.

I can't believe people find this map boring! Last night, there I am as an AT, holding a flag with four other guys (mixed AT and support), against wave after wave of tanks breaking through from across the fields... watching them move past the tree lines is vey reminiscent of wwII movies. Then the littlebird comes and marks you for them, so they shell you from a distance, until the havoc comes and TV's the bird... it's awesome, for tanks, choppers and definitely infantry as well. I've never had as much fun with the AT kit before.

Also, it's like the only bloody BF2 map where CAMO actually WORKS by hiding people!! It is genuinly difficult to spot some people when they are hiding against the treelines, which is great for an AT or spec ops ambush on an armored column. Also awesome for sniping an enemy defensive position from a great distance - they have no idea where you're shooting from.

ROad Rage, however, is pretty boring. I really expected to like this map, but as has been said, its too linear. I also don't like the bright sunshine - the atmosphere of the other two maps is heaps better. Unless you get involved in a massive tank battle (which always ends very quickly given the planes), about the most fun you can have is jumping in a buggy and seeing if you can race your way to the other side of the map without getting killed, for the hell of it. The comparisons to NASCAR work for both what the planes end up doing (repetitive oval bombing runs) as well as on the ground. I also disagree that there are many spots for infantry - it's too flat to be interesting. One of the flags should have only been accessbile on foot or something (like the inside of a mall or some such location).

Haven't had a decent go of midnight sun yet...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-06-15 16:48:02)

Cohammer
+61|6546

DarkZealot89 wrote:

1. Road Rage
2. Harvest
3. Midnight Sun
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6634

oberst_enzian wrote:

Also, it's like the only bloody BF2 map where CAMO actually WORKS by hiding people!! It is genuinly difficult to spot some people when they are hiding against the treelines, which is great for an AT or spec ops ambush on an armored column. Also awesome for sniping an enemy defensive position from a great distance - they have no idea where you're shooting from.
Midnight sun too is one of the only maps which camo works. I hide in a patch of grass as sniper and the tank was shotting his machine gun and tank shells at me randomly. I occasionally pop out then prone to make it a game of whack a mole... until the Q-5 destroys the tank .
unarmedcivilian
+0|6533
Was a tough choice for me, but I chose Operation Road Rage, with Midnight Sun being a close second. I haven't found a server that plays Operation Harvest with a lot of people and has a decent ping yet, so that could very well be my favorite if I find one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard