Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6716|Wilmington, DE, US

G3|Genius wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Not that I disagree with what Genius said, but so did the UK. Just with a lot less casualties.
it's true...spain and UK.  and Iraq.  all victims of terrorists after 9/11.  most of the people behind the deaths of the iraqis are other muslims, mostly from Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon, who are threatened by the idea of democracy.  Muslims killing muslims, not americans killing muslims.  It's tragic, too, but not our fault.

Hussein oversaw the gassing of hundreds of thousands of innocent Kurds.  America goes in, removes him, and kills iraqis involved in the ensuing insurgency, with what--100 innocent collateral deaths tops?  ...yet we're the enemy, and there's pity for Hussein?  somehow this seems backwards to me.  Do not blame america for the suicide bombers who are killing dozens of iraqis at a clip.  You want America out?  those iraqis who are dying are Iraqi police recruits, Iraqi police chiefs, Iraqi army recruits, and Iraqi military personel.  the US marines are dying side by side with Iraqis while training them to run their new autonomous democracy.

People would rather sit back and let death happen then intervene.  Case in point--Africa.  the wars that are going on there are awful.  The genocide.  the killing of Christians.  ...it's a gross situation.  But it's not in the news because America has not gone in to put a stop to it.  If America went in, people would start tallying the number of Africans the Americans have killed, just as people are now tallying the number of Iraqis dying.

I hate to tell you, folks, but the net loss of life is still above what it had been under Hussein's fearful reign.
I'm not even going to bother correcting how wrong most of this is...especially in light of Haditha.
yuck7777
+12|6781|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

I love, in this order: my God, my family, my country.  and all three are extremely important to me.

We all come from different backgrounds.  I see Dutch, Australian, American, and South African in this thread alone.  We all have a different perspective.

Living in the shadow of the World Trade Center (40 miles away), I knew close to half a dozen people who perished when those hateful people flew our planes into our buildings.  When they fell, I could see without the Television the smoke in the sky from the window of my dorm room at Seton Hall University.

My classmates cried.  My professors cried.  My parents cried.  I cried, too.  You cannot understand how genuinely scary that day was.

People say "we will never forget 9/11."  Some have, and some have not.  I have not forgotten.  You who have not lost thousands of people in one day because of these terrorists do not have the same perspective that many of us americans have.  I understand that you do not understand.  But why be so intolerant?  You did not lose loved ones.  You stand on the outside, criticizing.

Say a prayer.  Don't just ejaculate hate as you do now, because it upsets people who care.
I think you'll find Spain had their own version of '9/11' at the hands of islamic extremists. The USA doesn't have a monopoly on 'being the victim'.
Yes, Spain did have there 9/11, But the diffrence is that the US isn't going to run away from our problems. We take action to eliminate it. We love are freedom and no one will take that away from us. Were not going to let Islamic extremist take over. I'm sure if Ireland was attacked you guys wouldn't want to give into them right?? Wouldn't you want to fight them? I don't know if you would, You seem to bash everything the US stands for or does. I bet you would say let the US take care of it!!!!
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6738|Peoria, Illinois

CameronPoe wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I think you'll find Spain had their own version of '9/11' at the hands of islamic extremists. The USA doesn't have a monopoly on 'being the victim'.
Are you from Spain?
Does that even matter?
When CameronPoe types "You who have not lost thousands of people in one day because of these terrorists do not have the same perspective "  it doesn't include you. And when you type "The USA doesn't have a monopoly on 'being the victim'" you are putting words in his mouth. He never said that.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

mKmalfunction wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

I'm so sick and tired of all those USA treads.........
Looks to me like the us cant take any criticism, and they sure do not learn from there mistakes.
The usa a beautifull country, with some nice people if you do not count in the 60.000.000 rednecks.
Funny how people throw around the term Redneck. It's offensive. Suck my ass with a straw, commie.
redneck's hardly an offensive term. you're just looking to pick a fight.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6759

mKmalfunction wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Looks to me like the us cant take any criticism, and they sure do not learn from there mistakes.
The usa a beautifull country, with some nice people if you do not count in the 60.000.000 rednecks.
Funny how people throw around the term Redneck. It's offensive. Suck my ass with a straw, commie.
you have just proven my point you fucking redneck
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6557|CH/BR - in UK

...I dunno what side to take, so I'll just continue hating bush... I have no problem with the US, but Bush has accused both my native countries of so many things that it's not even funny anymore...
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

yuck7777 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

I love, in this order: my God, my family, my country.  and all three are extremely important to me.

We all come from different backgrounds.  I see Dutch, Australian, American, and South African in this thread alone.  We all have a different perspective.

Living in the shadow of the World Trade Center (40 miles away), I knew close to half a dozen people who perished when those hateful people flew our planes into our buildings.  When they fell, I could see without the Television the smoke in the sky from the window of my dorm room at Seton Hall University.

My classmates cried.  My professors cried.  My parents cried.  I cried, too.  You cannot understand how genuinely scary that day was.

People say "we will never forget 9/11."  Some have, and some have not.  I have not forgotten.  You who have not lost thousands of people in one day because of these terrorists do not have the same perspective that many of us americans have.  I understand that you do not understand.  But why be so intolerant?  You did not lose loved ones.  You stand on the outside, criticizing.

Say a prayer.  Don't just ejaculate hate as you do now, because it upsets people who care.
Yes, Spain did have there 9/11, But the diffrence is that the US isn't going to run away from our problems. We take action to eliminate it. We love are freedom and no one will take that away from us. Were not going to let Islamic extremist take over. I'm sure if Ireland was attacked you guys wouldn't want to give into them right?? Wouldn't you want to fight them? I don't know if you would, You seem to bash everything the US stands for or does. I bet you would say let the US take care of it!!!!
America, FUCK YEAH!

I'm glad you believe that killing shit solves everything. Go learn something.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

CameronPoe wrote:

You're from Illinois, a state in the USA. 9/11 happened in PA, DC & NY.
I'm from Ireland, a country in the EU. The Madrid bombings happened in a fellow EU country.

I love this whole 'Are you qualified to comment?' type sniping. Everybody is entitled to their opinion on anything - that's what's so great about free speech.
9/11 didn't affect me the way it did to people in NY. That wasn't the problem.

It's not about being qualified to comment, it's about the way you comment. You take every oppotunity you get to slip in some bashing on Americans even if it doesn't make sense. It's pathetic.
JG1567JG
+110|6595|United States of America

Ikarti wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

3,000 Americans pales in comparison to 40,000 Iraqi civilians in my book, especially since Iraqis had nothing to do with it.

WTC was bad an all, but people need to move on.
I am with you that Iraq probably had nothing to do with 9-11 but Saddam did fire on our Planes on a regular basis in the North and South No Fly Zones.  That is enough reason to me to topple his govt.

He did invade Kuwait to start the first gulf war.  Better to be proactive than reactive in that he will now never invade Kuwait again or possible try that on Saudi Arabia.

Saddam did order the murder and torture thousands of people in his own country.  Another damn good reason to take him down.  I know these horrors go on in alot of African Nations like Rwanda and Sudan and sometimes I wonder why we are not there trying to help also but we can't do it all and some other nations need to step up and maybe send some troops to these countries.  Didn't the UN cut and run in Rwanda?
Gotta love those Guys in their pretty light blue hats.

I don't know any numbers other than the approx. 3000 U.S. soldiers that have given their lives for all of us, but was all 40,000 Iraqi Civilians killed done by the direct hand of U.S. soldiers or are they counting the number that have died by car bombs while they wanted to sign up for the Iraqi Police Force or Iraqi Military.
Or are thy counting the ones that have been pulled off buses by insurgents and killed because they were Sunni or Shiite(SP).

P.S.  The UN should be disbanded.  It is the most Corrupt Orginization on Earth.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

JG1567JG wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

3,000 Americans pales in comparison to 40,000 Iraqi civilians in my book, especially since Iraqis had nothing to do with it.

I am with you that Iraq probably had nothing to do with 9-11 but Saddam did fire on our Planes on a regular basis in the North and South No Fly Zones.  That is enough reason to me to topple his govt.

He did invade Kuwait to start the first gulf war.  Better to be proactive than reactive in that he will now never invade Kuwait again or possible try that on Saudi Arabia.

Saddam did order the murder and torture thousands of people in his own country.  Another damn good reason to take him down.  I know these horrors go on in alot of African Nations like Rwanda and Sudan and sometimes I wonder why we are not there trying to help also but we can't do it all and some other nations need to step up and maybe send some troops to these countries.  Didn't the UN cut and run in Rwanda?

I don't know any numbers other than the approx. 3000 U.S. soldiers that have given their lives for all of us, but was all 40,000 Iraqi Civilians killed done by the direct hand of U.S. soldiers or are they counting the number that have died by car bombs while they wanted to sign up for the Iraqi Police Force or Iraqi Military.
Or are thy counting the ones that have been pulled off buses by insurgents and killed because they were Sunni or Shiite(SP).

P.S.  The UN should be disbanded.  It is the most Corrupt Orginization on Earth.
Shooting at our planes isn't worth the billions of dollars we're wasting.

Admittedly, 40,000 was not directly by American troops. I would put the figure at about half that being directly involved from airstrikes or rampages. The other half, is a direct result of the US destabilizing the country.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

Ikarti wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Shooting at our planes isn't worth the billions of dollars we're wasting.

Admittedly, 40,000 was not directly by American troops. I would put the figure at about half that being directly involved from airstrikes or rampages. The other half, is a direct result of the US destabilizing the country.
That number pales in comparison to the number murdered under Saddam's Regime... since you want to talk numbers
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6546|The Lost Highway

Ikarti wrote:

mKmalfunction wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

redneck's hardly an offensive term. you're just looking to pick a fight.
Not trying to pick a fight. Just tellin' the truth. I come from a long line of Southern heritage and I find the term as offensive as nigger, chink, or spic.

And Delta, 'suck my ass with a straw' is funny. If you don't get it, too bad, ya fuckin' Yank.

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2006-06-14 06:53:05)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

M1-Lightning wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

Are you from Spain?
Does that even matter?
When CameronPoe types "You who have not lost thousands of people in one day because of these terrorists do not have the same perspective "  it doesn't include you. And when you type "The USA doesn't have a monopoly on 'being the victim'" you are putting words in his mouth. He never said that.
I can empathize with the sentiment expressed, even if I am not included in the group of people he refers to.
Fair enough on the second point.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6759
love you to hillbilly

keep the karma comming guys :-)

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2006-06-14 06:55:15)

mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6546|The Lost Highway

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

love you to hillbilly
Awesome. You can suck my dick later.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

M1-Lightning wrote:

That number pales in comparison to the number murdered under Saddam's Regime... since you want to talk numbers
As bad as it is, it's not our business. If they wanted him out of power, they could have revolted. We are not world police.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

M1-Lightning wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You're from Illinois, a state in the USA. 9/11 happened in PA, DC & NY.
I'm from Ireland, a country in the EU. The Madrid bombings happened in a fellow EU country.

I love this whole 'Are you qualified to comment?' type sniping. Everybody is entitled to their opinion on anything - that's what's so great about free speech.
9/11 didn't affect me the way it did to people in NY. That wasn't the problem.

It's not about being qualified to comment, it's about the way you comment. You take every oppotunity you get to slip in some bashing on Americans even if it doesn't make sense. It's pathetic.
Personally I don't think it's pathetic. This thread is basically a veiled criticism of the likes of me, who enjoys expressing my opinions on current US foreign policy. As such I am responding/countering. That's all. And don't keep saying 'bashing Americans' - I'm bashing current US foreign policy. Please refer to my 'Negativity against the US thread' for compliments paid to the US.
Snakestyles
+17|6744|South Africa

CameronPoe wrote:

I think it odd that you be praising the newest wave of imperialism - the US conquest of the middle east - when you yourself are from a continent whose progress has been held back for possibly centuries at the hands of colonialism. If you think the US are going to leave Iraq in such a utopian state then IMO you will probably be gravely mistaken.
I wouldnt say i am praising America infact i could go on a tangent about how much thier foreign policy bothers me, im just saying Europe should take some responsibility, Africa is the abused kid on the block its no wonder its dsyfunctional, and this is not directed at you but one of the other posters who mentioned the continual cycle of leadership in African states, if you cant see that instabilty in Africa = Cash back for ex colonials then your blind and ignorant of the facts.

Again my hope is that America leaves Iraq with a stable democratic goverment, as opposed to the hasty pull out and demise of S.Vietnam.That was me hoping for the best, not showing support for the reasons America is there but looking for the positive in what is obviously a huge negative.

Its easy to say the problems facing Africa are not covered in the news and in some twisted way its because America is not interested.Why should they be, when the cold war ended so did Americas interest in Africa, the only case of American intervention in Africa's political affairs that i can think of would be the Congo and assasination Patrice Lumumba and the alleged CIA involvement,also the US support of Jonas Savimbi and UNITA in Angola who were fighting the Russian backed MPLA. Prior to that would be the founding of Liberia, wich was actually initiated by ex slaves.

One of the points im trying to make is that when the colonials left they made dam sure that it would take a very long time before the ex colonies could prosper.If the African continent suddnly became stable and wealthy, it would be Europes economy that would be seriosly affected, more so than Americas.

As far as Aprathied goes well that was a dark time in the history of South Africa although Nelson Mandela was far too wise to let the old cycle repeat itself, South Africa is now doing very well and has taken steps to help its neighbour countires that were negativley impacted on due to Aparthied, and dont forget that Aparthied was invented by the British. Infact you might find this funny or hard to belive but in the second Boer war when the Brits captured the Rand (were all the gold mines are) the first thing they did was drop the wages of the African miners.

The rape didnt stop when the colonials left, they just installed tin pot dictators who would continue selling them recources at cut rate prices.

Last edited by Snakestyles (2006-06-14 07:05:37)

yuck7777
+12|6781|USA

Ikarti wrote:

yuck7777 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

America, FUCK YEAH!

Ya, OK lets just let them blow stuff up over here. Maybe they'll get to you or your family. But who cares?? We shouldn't do anything..We might kill someone.
You need to learn something, But that wouldn't happen until something happend to you!!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

yuck7777 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

I'm not sure if your aware of Irish history but we do have a long history of fighting our oppressors of yesteryear - the UK. we fought for 800 years and achieved victory on 80% of our land. The rest will come in time. We've laid down our arms right now - have we run away from our problems? No. We are now dealing with the issue through politics, diplomacy and tackling the root causes of the problem. That might be a 'pansy' way to go about it but we have had relative peace for nearly a decade now. If the time came to take up arms against the UK in a proper one-on-one war, which is, let's face it, not going to happen, I would do my duty for my freedom.
You must understand - I don't criticise the decision the US took to go into Afghanistan. That needed to be done. IMO, Iraq however was not and has actually served to multiply terrorism (as the UK did when they carried out the Bloody Sunday killings in Northern Ireland).
Also, you are worried muslim extermists are gonna take over the USA? Both you and I know that is never going to happen, military action or not. Proper homeland security will take care of that.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-14 07:05:20)

JG1567JG
+110|6595|United States of America
Fuck it lets leave Iraq.  Iran and Syria can restabalize it the way they want it. Hardline muslim extremism.  Lets talk nice with Iran until that nutjob has a very big bomb, nah lets just stay out of it  and then when he uses it or threatens to use it then we will only step in on one condition.  If he nukes Israel then we will help them unconditionally since they are our only real friends in the world.

Edit-->Not directed towards any post, just the way I feel sometimes

P.S. We can help S. Korea if the North ever starts something but they can probably handle it in the long run.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-06-14 07:09:06)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

Ikarti wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

As bad as it is, it's not our business. If they wanted him out of power, they could have revolted. We are not world police.
Actually, we are world police. It's been our foreign policy since December 7th 1941. And with the extreme measure of our global trade, it will always be that way.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

yuck7777 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

yuck7777 wrote:

America, FUCK YEAH!

Ya, OK lets just let them blow stuff up over here. Maybe they'll get to you or your family. But who cares?? We shouldn't do anything..We might kill someone.
You need to learn something, But that wouldn't happen until something happend to you!!!
See, you're just an ignorant fearmongerer. I don't fall for that shit.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

M1-Lightning wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

Actually, we are world police. It's been our foreign policy since December 7th 1941. And with the extreme measure of our global trade, it will always be that way.
Pearl Harbor has nothing to do with world policing.
Ken-Doka
+1|6668|PA

G3|Genius wrote:

I am an American.

I vote.

I pray.

<snip>

You cannot understand how scary???  WTF kind of ignorant BS is that?  You saw a couple of buildings go down somewhere off on the horizon.  Until you've been to a place that has ACTIVE FIGHTING like Baghdad or Tel Aviv, and had a submachine-gun pointed in your face, get off of your high horse.  You just caught a glimpse of what is going on in the rest of the world all the time.  Don't even begin to tell someone else that they don't understand.

BTW, I am an American.  I have been to "hot spots".  I've killed people who were trying to kill me. 

And, the one thing I can't stand is other Americans thinking they know what's right because they're too ignorant to know better.  Just please think about the world perspective, and not just your own.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard