Poll

Do you think that US Soldiers like killing people, seriously?

Yes29%29% - 102
No51%51% - 179
I don't know11%11% - 39
Do not wish to comment8%8% - 28
Total: 348
bigp66
+63|6549|memphfrica-memphis,TN

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Today 19:21:42 +1 Do you think that US Soldiers like killing people, seriously? "'Thanks for serving our Great Country'", someone should make up for anti-american idiots 

Glad someone cares.
yea man thanks for serving the best country in the world and a little of topic who is that girl in your sig???
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

The cause was not WMD's the cause was Iraq had been breaking the cease fire agreement that was put in place by the UN resolutions and agreed upon by Iraq.
According to the US the agreement it was breaking was the one not to create or attempt to create WMDs.
As promised Bubbalo......read what ya want, but for long range missles scroll down a bit.

also the other tabs in this make for interesting reading as well.

http://www.iraqwatch.org/profiles/missile.html

Last edited by lowing (2006-06-13 18:08:28)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Horseman 77 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Your are in no position to judge anyone. In your post I saw " no plan, nothing to offer and nothing we need. "
Just a lot of typical blather laced with personal insults.

If thats the Crux of your argument, good luck trying to sell it.

The entire Haditha  thing is being pushed by people with political motives.

Everyone knows it as do you. You are reduced to lying to yourself which seems pretty pathetic to me.

Anyone with a real interest in justice would want the investigation to go forward first with at least the same enthusiasm they want Cop killers like Mumia to get.

People like Murtha want so badly for some disaster to befall our troops.

Its very simple. good news for America is bad news for them.

Look at the negative spin they desperately try and apply to the Zarqawi killing.

I can't wait till they kill Osama Bin Laden just to see you guys try and spin it and change your point of view 180% like you did with Saddam's Capture.

Before:  " Bush can't even find Saddam "

After:     " Poor Saddam, he is just a sad old man who looks like Santa Cluas "

Gay marriage really segways well into the argument. Nice work. Smells desperate to me.
I think your on drugs.  Honestly, your delusions and Bugs Bunny style of representing politics are pathetic
What an argument! The Geometric logic, your verbal gymnastics astound us, one and all.
Sorry, I just don't feel like wasting another 10 minutes just to have you ignore facts and post what you think is reality.  Sue me
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America
I almost forgot what this post was about with all this bullshit on here but Thanks again for all of you that served or are serving our Great Country.  Go ahead all you liberal fucks give me negative Karma for loving my country and the men who have served to protect everything that we hold dear.
bigp66
+63|6549|memphfrica-memphis,TN

JG1567JG wrote:

I almost forgot what this post was about with all this bullshit on here but Thanks again for all of you that served or are serving our Great Country.  Go ahead all you liberal fucks give me negative Karma for loving my country and the men who have served to protect everything that we hold dear.
DAMN STRAIT
OMG-AIDS
+24|6564|Florida
I know there are some weirdos that do like killing people, but I know many don't.  My best friends bro was over in Iraq and he'd call home, and even though he didn't tell his mom that he was killing people over there, she knew he was and he seemed really upset about it.  He spared as many lives as he could, but in a gun fight, most aren't.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

Ikarti wrote:

Killing Iraqis does nothing for my freedom. Sorry.
You only don't see that it does because your a sniveling shithead who can't look past their own front door.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6710|Wilmington, DE, US

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

You only don't see that it does because your a sniveling shithead who can't look past their own front door.
Good one. Tell me how it's "defending my freedom." So dramatic.

Come on, you want to talk shit, back it up. Prove to me how killing a member of the Republican Guard, an insurgent, or unarmed civilians affects MY freedom. Or how capturing Saddam does. I'll tell you this, there's a lot of money being wasted over there killing iraqis that can be put to good use here.

Then we got the whole NSA spying...very free.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
You know im not sure why someone would give me -karma here is his little quote:  watch a friend get shot ... why was your friend there in the first place. If you believe it was protecting your home land then you're a fool.

To this i say:  Because if we werent over there right now then i can gaurentee you that the targets would be focused on home soil rather than at military personnel who have a chance to fight back in attacks.  These fanatics do not care who they kill from the west...if it was a child, women, man they all want the westerners dead.  Keeping their organization disrupted and focused on us does keep the homeland safer.  Sure attacks could still happen here but why waste all that money and resources for that kind of attack when you can easily kill "Infidels" as we are all called with a simple car ride to a neighboring country.  So yes in a sense we are keeping it safer.  On a 2nd note how can you be so heartless to not care about soldiers, peoples friends, family getting shot and killed.  You have no heart whoever sent this and as such you should do some soul searching of your own and maybe start caring about other people than your own self.  Show some respect at the very least.  You may not agree with it....but still show some respect. You have no idea what we go through...and ive had it easy compared to some of my friends.  Im sure Gunslinger can probably vouch for what the army personnel go through more so than i can.
chuuby
+19|6619
i skipped a lot of the thread. just wanted to say to the starter of this thread. THANK YOU for everything you have done. just want to add....if you like your freedom thank a vet.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok

Ikarti wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Come on, you want to talk shit, back it up. Prove to me how killing a member of the Republican Guard, an insurgent, or unarmed civilians affects MY freedom. Or how capturing Saddam does. I'll tell you this, there's a lot of money being wasted over there killing iraqis that can be put to good use here.

This war has never been about defending freedom it has been about our safety and to bring your freedoms into it makes no sense.  Our primary cause was to eliminate a threat to the safety of our nation/allies and their citizens.  And on another note.....there is no such thing as complete freedom as someone once said.  There is only partial...complete freedom would mean anarchy, no laws, and complete chaos.  In order to gain protection from such chaos a few freedoms may have to be given up to be gaurenteed such protection.  I challenge any liberal/conservative to call me wrong on this. Give me  a reason why but in reality this is the truth.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6710|Wilmington, DE, US

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

This war has never been about defending freedom it has been about our safety and to bring your freedoms into it makes no sense.  Our primary cause was to eliminate a threat to the safety of our nation/allies and their citizens.  And on another note.....there is no such thing as complete freedom as someone once said.  There is only partial...complete freedom would mean anarchy, no laws, and complete chaos.  In order to gain protection from such chaos a few freedoms may have to be given up to be gaurenteed such protection.  I challenge any liberal/conservative to call me wrong on this. Give me  a reason why but in reality this is the truth.
PLease then, explain to me why all these soldiers are telling me that this IS in fact about my freedom. I agree with you, there's nothing about Iraq that has to do with freedom, and seeing as Saddam was not a threat to the United States, nothing about my safety either. Actually, my safety's probably decreased seeing as it's destabilized the region.

I'm not advocating anarchy either. That shit's stupid. I'm just tired of this fucking martyr mentality so many soldiers have.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
The defense part is because the man was breaking UN santions. He harbored terrorist leaders, started programs to get long range missiles, had unmanned drones that could fly way past the limitations we had set for them,was searching for any chance he could to get WMD and actually had donations to terrorist orginizations.  He was not an immediate threat to us other than the fact he was helping terrorists.  And at the time all this started 90% of this country in polls were for the war.  Politics get involved and then its a complete 180.  No matter what the government decides a soldier has to obey. We dont get the pleasure of being able to openly speak out in front of the masses unless we want a court martial.  Iran im not too concerned about right now either. North Korea on the other hand is a threat and will probably have missiles capable of hitting our east coast with nukes in 2-3 more years.  They already send volunteers on ropes acrosse the DMZ to see how far they get before they are shot.  Then they just pull the rope back with the body on it. Atleast you agree on the whole concept of total freedom being impossible and still maintain law and order.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
Iraq is mainly due to breaking the terms from '91.
While troops there are not protecting your freedom of speech or right to trial by jury directly, they protect freedoms more along the lines of Roosevelt's "Four Freedoms."
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Finbar:  I find it hilarious that you quote MacArthur, he was even more of a callous glory hound than your average British general.

Horseman 77 wrote:

So who is the dude who looks like " Napolean Dynomite " standing under the dome ?

Is he wearing those funky boots?
Horseman starting the name calling, yet again!

Horseman 77 wrote:

The fact that Liberals and Democrats will attack their country and fighting forces so viscously during a time of War is proof enough our cause and plans are working well there.
America is always at war.

Horseman 77 wrote:

If it wasn't and we had a even a small chance of losing, they would never endanger themselves with such reckless action.
If you honestly think that, you're dumber than I thought.

Horseman 77 wrote:

They have no plans, Nothing to offer. They have never given us anything that we needed or anything that worked as a Resume' So all they can do is attack the Messenger. They cant attack his Ideas and they produce none of their own.
You want a plan?  Fine, here's a plan:  Work towards resettling exiled Palestinians inside Israel, and organise true democratic elections, whilst simulatneusly putting funding into education and food supply programs in the Middle East and Africa, thereby attacking the recruitment base of terrorist organisations.  Use the goodwill generated by this to pull the EU, as well as public support worldwide, onto your side.  With the additional resources, attempt to stabilise African nations, such as Sudan.  At the same time, provide local police forces worldwide with free anti-terrorism training, along with subsidised police weaponry.

Also Horseman, you do realise Murtha was a marine?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-13 23:06:59)

[pWa]Recon
+27|6777

Ikarti wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Please go spend some time over seas... go see how the rest of the world lives... watch people getting killed in the streets of 3rd world countries and think to yourself that this could be the usa one day..... the war in iraq is not just about your freedoms, or my freedoms, or the iraqi's freedoms, it is about taking a man out of a roll that he had no place in to start with. like i said before, how would the face of the world look if hitler was in control, or stallin(sp?), Ho Chi Mien... your freedoms would not be there... you would not have the right to speak your mind....(which in any case may be a good thing, cause your dribble it annoying at best). people say that this war is about really oil, and other crap... maybe it is, however, think about this... the next time you get into mommy and daddy's car to finger you own ass all the way to the store, it runs on gas... people are crying now at $3/gal what would we(the us) do at 6 bucks per/gal...? that would hurt...huh? this war had reasons that i am not aware of, however, doing my duty as an american soldier, i would fight it over and over and over again if needed.... why... cause it is what our country's leaders think we need to do....   

now think of this... we are coming up on an election year... who wants to bet that every person running for pres says that they will "bring our boys home", and then who wants to bet that we will still be there 2 years - 4 years after the new pres takes office... why... cause we have to be, iraq was run by a murderous man for so many years, that their entire gov needs to be told what to do now, they are trying, however, they will need time... strong countries are not built in 3 years.

to wrap this up... everything the military does effects your freedoms in one way or another, if the military takes to the streets to enforce laws... your freedoms are stripped for the time being.. if the military goes over seas to fight, it is because we need to, not because we want to.... you try being out in the sand for months at a time, with only a blister bag of warm water to drink, freaking MRE's everyday for at least 1 meal, and "bird baths" once a week, wet wipes become your  friend, and gold bond cream is your BEST friend, cause sand gets into places that you didn't know you had. 

~Recon
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Oh yeah, you guys are doing a great job at keeping Iraq safe.  Seriously brilliant.  In fact, the US army should go to America and do the same.  The world would thank them.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6557

[pWa]Recon wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Please go spend some time over seas... go see how the rest of the world lives... watch people getting killed in the streets of 3rd world countries and think to yourself that this could be the usa one day..... the war in iraq is not just about your freedoms, or my freedoms, or the iraqi's freedoms, it is about taking a man out of a roll that he had no place in to start with. like i said before, how would the face of the world look if hitler was in control, or stallin(sp?), Ho Chi Mien... your freedoms would not be there... you would not have the right to speak your mind....(which in any case may be a good thing, cause your dribble it annoying at best). people say that this war is about really oil, and other crap... maybe it is, however, think about this... the next time you get into mommy and daddy's car to finger you own ass all the way to the store, it runs on gas... people are crying now at $3/gal what would we(the us) do at 6 bucks per/gal...? that would hurt...huh? this war had reasons that i am not aware of, however, doing my duty as an american soldier, i would fight it over and over and over again if needed.... why... cause it is what our country's leaders think we need to do....   

now think of this... we are coming up on an election year... who wants to bet that every person running for pres says that they will "bring our boys home", and then who wants to bet that we will still be there 2 years - 4 years after the new pres takes office... why... cause we have to be, iraq was run by a murderous man for so many years, that their entire gov needs to be told what to do now, they are trying, however, they will need time... strong countries are not built in 3 years.

to wrap this up... everything the military does effects your freedoms in one way or another, if the military takes to the streets to enforce laws... your freedoms are stripped for the time being.. if the military goes over seas to fight, it is because we need to, not because we want to.... you try being out in the sand for months at a time, with only a blister bag of warm water to drink, freaking MRE's everyday for at least 1 meal, and "bird baths" once a week, wet wipes become your  friend, and gold bond cream is your BEST friend, cause sand gets into places that you didn't know you had. 

~Recon
Your reference to petrol is irrelevant. You made note of one instance where military actions affect our freedoms, and then went babbling on about, basically, your belief that questioning the intentions/actions of leaders wasn't appropriate, as they are infallible and privy to some gargantuan task that couldn't possibly be understood. Erroneous judgment to say the least. Anyways, tis fairly idiotic to presume that people don't realize how our commitment must be continued in order to ensure that a descent into anarchal chaos isn't made. Also...I was just kind of unable to see the relation your little sand story had. Who the hell cares?

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-06-14 00:03:19)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
look at the scared iraqis
https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/apache33d/Picture021.jpg

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-14 00:04:57)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6557

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/ … ure021.jpg
????
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/ … ure021.jpg
lol what sarcasm i think gunslinger should tell the story what its like in iraq since he was there
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
And I'm sure I could find shots of happy Iraqis standing next to insurgents.

Ninja:  He was there with the US army.  Of course he's going to say they're doing a good job.

Regardless, you can go on about making Iraq safe all you want, fact is that isn't why the US went in.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-14 00:26:38)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Bubbalo wrote:

And I'm sure I could find shots of happy Iraqis standing next to insurgents.

Ninja:  He was there with the US army.  Of course he's going to say they're doing a good job.

Regardless, you can go on about making Iraq safe all you want, fact is that isn't why the US went in.
BUBBALO.....LOL and where have you been to say that were not doing a good job.  not even outside your damn house thats where.  gimme some credentials.  you know how stupid you sound.  At least I was there to make my own objectional opinion that was formed from my own two eyes and ears.  12 months buckaroo.  I bet you barely started growing pubic hair when I was getting my SRP done.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Oh, I'm sorry.  Of course we can trust a hardline conservative US soldier to tell us whether the US conservatives are doing a good job in Iraq, how silly of me.  Trusting people saves so much time.  Just like Chamberlain trusted Hitler when he said he wasn't going to war, and the US trusted Stalin when he said he wasn't starving his people.  Please forgive me for the utter idiocy of suggesting that you're biased.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
lol....conservative.  he thinks im a conservative.  just because i may agree with one or two point that some known conservatives posted, dont make me a conservative.  Youll grow up eventually bubbalo, thats all i gotta say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard