genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6698|Middle of nowhere
Ok, so if you lay down a AT mine (or claymore), and your in a vehicle (lets say a Type 98 tank) when someone sets it off, it says "genius_man16 [Type 98] guywhoranovermine".  Now, does that count as a tank kill, or a mine kill... or both?
KASTickboy
+3|6553
not a mine kill and not a tank weapon kill, but a tank road kill actually.
if it were a vodnik it would be a vodnik road kill etc. etc. etc.

it means they jumped out at the last second trying not to hit your mine... i have a bunch of road kills with ground defense so this is where my theroy comes from...

and it doesnt matter that you were in a vehicle when you killed them with the mine.

im pretty sure thats what it means but then again, i just play... i didnt program this game.

KA

Last edited by [W33T]KASTickboy (2006-06-13 20:18:17)

Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6582|A good vantage point...
^^^ I also wondered the same thing...

Also, what if you kill someone by shooting a barrel and blowing them up and the message comes up YOU [Kills] Poorbastardyoublewup - where does that kill get recorded ???? Is it for the weapon you're carrying at the time ??
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6698|Middle of nowhere

[W33T]KASTickboy wrote:

not a mine kill and not a tank weapon kill, but a tank road kill actually.
if it were a vodnik it would be a vodnik road kill etc. etc. etc.

it means they jumped out at the last second trying not to hit your mine... i have a bunch of road kills with ground defense so this is where my theroy comes from...

and it doesnt matter that you were in a vehicle when you killed them with the mine.

im pretty sure thats what it means but then again, i just play... i didnt program this game.

KA
Hey, it's a theory... and makes sense to me

@ Sniper926: i've always wondered... i think it counts for the weapon you use... but i'm not positive on that.  It's a glitch in the game i think (again, could be wrong)
Defiance
+438|6691

A road kill is defined as a kill without using the weapons primary function.

That being said, shooting a vodnik with a tank and having the person next to it die and the kill message says "Vodnik" you just got a tank road kill.

Same with ground defense. To test my theory, I went to a Mashtuur map, blew up a humvee with the mounted RPK and lo and behold: Tardbucket#3 hopped out, I got a "HMMVV" kill, and my ground defense road kill went up 1.

nev
+23|6606|Land of OZ
So if I lay down some A/T mines at my fav spots and hop in a jeep I could get vet and expert transport badges?
Defiance
+438|6691

nev wrote:

So if I lay down some A/T mines at my fav spots and hop in a jeep I could get vet and expert transport badges?
Possibly, but then again heli whore bowling is easier.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard