Poll

Do you think that US Soldiers like killing people, seriously?

Yes29%29% - 102
No51%51% - 179
I don't know11%11% - 39
Do not wish to comment8%8% - 28
Total: 348
[pWa]Recon
+27|6782
in response to my karma points,

quick snap of the right hand to the brow

dallas texas, inactive

1/75th Rangers

we are all brothers branch of service is not needed, we all bleed red, white, and blue

no generalization was intended, soldiers are soldiers everywhere you go, we all stand behind our counrty and will fight to the death for it, does not matter if you are singing the battle hymn of the republic, or yelling god save the queen, we all feel the same about our country.
tangoxmas44
Professional Noob
+4|6824|Temple,TX,USA
the US military is the most awesome thing that fights for our country. They fight for OUR country. They fight for you. For people that don't understand that,I pity you. These are the men and women that you should idolize. They put themselves in danger so you don't have to. They are true American heroes. Fudge you if you think otherwise.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6553|Canada

lowing wrote:

How exactly do you support our troops without supporting the endeavors for which they are tasked?? All this forum wants to do is see them fail in their missions. It seems the worse the news from these wars the more the liberals thrive and roll in the mud.
I think some of us don't want to see anyone get killed in Iraq.  Be they US/Coalition soldiers or Iraqi people.  And being as that their reason for being over there isn't that clear, it's hard to support their endeavors.

The soldiers went to stop Saddam from producing and using WMD, now the Bush admin. says they can't find any.  Were there ever any?  We can't know.  It is entirely possible the US gov. knows Iraq has WMD because they gave them some to fuck up Iran, but I don't think they'll tell the public that anytime soon.  As for getting rid of Saddam...he was a former puppet of the US gov.

Even if you believe that Iraq had WMD and Saddam was a terrible dictator...well isn't that the US's doing?

I don't mean to sound controversial, but if the US hadn't interfered with Iraq.
Interesting site

So it is a little hard to understand why we should support a cause, that has and will, cost many lives of both Iraqis and Coalition soldiers.  To clean up a mess that was started by the US to begin with.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6716|Wilmington, DE, US

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

This started in the Haditha thread, where some individuals wanted to excuse what happened there.

Oh well, if they want to kill people that's they're prerogative. I really can't do too much if the government sanctions it. They all get brainwashed anyway.

Guess I'll just leave.
It can't excused because it hasn't been proven.  It can't be condemned because it hasn't been proven.  It's all speculation and assumption at this point and until you people get that through your thick skulls arguments like this will continue without end here.  It's pointless.  Shut up about it already.
Yeah, figured dead civilians don't mean much to you. "Born to kill," right?
[pWa]Recon
+27|6782

Ikarti wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

This started in the Haditha thread, where some individuals wanted to excuse what happened there.

Oh well, if they want to kill people that's they're prerogative. I really can't do too much if the government sanctions it. They all get brainwashed anyway.

Guess I'll just leave.
It can't excused because it hasn't been proven.  It can't be condemned because it hasn't been proven.  It's all speculation and assumption at this point and until you people get that through your thick skulls arguments like this will continue without end here.  It's pointless.  Shut up about it already.
Yeah, figured dead civilians don't mean much to you. "Born to kill," right?
you are really a moron man... you need to go hunting and try to kill an animal, noone is born to kill, you watched full metal jacket to much i gather, however when it comes down to your life or someone else's life.... i bet you would choose your life no matter who is holding the gun to your head... fight or flight, i have said it before, i will say it again... until you are faced with this, you will never understand...

Uganda uses a child army, do you think for 1 second, just 1 second that i would trade my life for one of their lives, or one of my buddy's lives for their's... all it would take would be a 3.5lb trigger pull... that is all... less then 1 second... because they will not think twice about shooting you... and me personally, i want to see my kids get old... being as close to death as anyone cares to be.... trust me..... man, woman, or child, i am going home to my wife and kids.....

~Recon
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
Oh stop whining about death. I really don't care about how "difficult" you think it is. Sanctimonious soldier bullshit.

This isn't about Uganda though. This is about a country that prefers to take on the kids without the weapons.
[pWa]Recon
+27|6782
ass hat... if you don't have anthing constructive to say..... stfu...

~Recon
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

[pWa]Recon wrote:

~Recon
Like you've had much to say constructively. For claiming to be so tough because of experiencing whatever, you guys sure can't handle criticism.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas

Ikarti wrote:

[pWa]Recon wrote:

~Recon
Like you've had much to say constructively. For claiming to be so tough because of experiencing whatever, you guys sure can't handle criticism.
Maybe he doesn't enjoy getting un-educated back talk from snot nosed pre-pubescent teens such as yourself.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
Uneducated? I thought you guys had those bases covered. And i suppose everyone that doesn't agree with you is just a child. How ironically immature.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6563

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

[pWa]Recon wrote:

~Recon
Maybe he doesn't enjoy getting un-educated back talk from snot nosed pre-pubescent teens such as yourself.
Are you done with the 8th grade insults yet? lmao. You're such a damn idiot. In case you didn't know, use of terminology synonymous to ignorant, as an insult of sorts, is within root of all age groups. How ironic is it that you actually are the one resorting to the typical phrasings found in middle school? Despite showcasing such a great lack of skill for general English comprehension, your insults consist of nothing more than delvings into your superficial upholdings and preconceived (misconceived, and ill-conceived, too), assumptious beliefs.
[pWa]Recon
+27|6782
damn if www.m-w.com would go down for a few minutes we could see how this ass hat really talks...

~Recon
KingLou
Banned
+79|6630|Las Vegas

Ikarti wrote:

Uneducated? I thought you guys had those bases covered. And i suppose everyone that doesn't agree with you is just a child. How ironically immature.
There is a difference between disagreeing with someone, and disagreeing childishly (in which case, yes, you're a child).

You sound like a damn 14 year old girl that disagrees with everything her parents say just because she can, and she thinks it makes her righteous, bold, misunderstood, and victimized in that delusional teen angst crabby little snatch world that she's created for herself.  She has her own set of beliefs based around her 14 whole years of world experience, zero of which can be considered "real world" experience.  She doesn't know why she thinks or believes or says the things she thinks/believes/says.  They aren't based in any sort of concrete fact, or anything even resembling a fact for that matter.  Maybe she heard it in some popular song, read it in some fucking online blog, or simply pulled it out of her all-knowing 14 year old ass.....but if called on to defend it, she will do so vehemently and to the utter death with absolutely no substantiation that could pass any modern standard of rational thought or logic anywhere on earth ever.   She will laugh in the face of the "experience" that her parents have, as if that could teach them ANYTHING.  THEY are such IDIOTS.  She has no comprehension of the things her parents do, so they must be wrong.....completelly, totally, and always, because her underdeveloped, hormone modulated brain tissue can't put together the complex puzzle of the tough shit that her parents must do in order to properly raise her dumb,  obnoxious ass in the face of her pointless, yet neverending resistance to being parented at all.

You sir, are indeed a 14 year old girl.  I kindly request that you stuff a tampon in that vagina of a mouth of yours, because your e-period is making the net reek of fish heads and rotten mayo.   

KiL

Last edited by KingLou (2006-06-12 23:43:59)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Killing Iraqis does nothing for my freedom. Sorry.
Then you are pretty close minded.  We don't just fight for your freedoms. We fight so that you, your family and friends can be safe and out of harms way.  And Ikarti it is your typical attitude that us soldiers despise.  You have no idea of what goes on in combat much less all the reasons we are there.  That man was breaking UN sanctions on weapons, massacring his own people, spending all his money on crap other than for his people. He gave aid to foreign terrorists and helped them to gain power.  Now here is where the safety part comes in because if you have any idea what VX nerve gas or even a biological weapon release as a small amount can do to a population you might think differently.  VX nerve gases fatal dose is at 250 microns. A drop from a tear dropper is 500 microns.  Just takes that much of it to kill several people.  Released in a major city it could kill 100's of thousands of people.  And trust me soldier's see alot more than the media ever shows. Media promotes their agenda and their political views. Us as soldier's seem to be nothing more than stories to them. 

And for you to be thinking that we are killing nothing but Iraqi's is absurd. Most of the terrorists over there are fighting a "Holy War" and are from countries other than Iraq.  So its not just the Iraqi's getting killed.  Most of their casualties have come from suicide bombings of the terrorists. So if you dont know what it is like to be shot at, watch a friend get shot, and hear about or watch your buddies die. Then shut up. We don't enjoy killing by any means but it is either us or them.  And most of us choose them.  Id like to see what kind of respect you have when you see 16 polished caskets go by you.  Its a silence of heartache and respect that is impossible to ever experience somewhere else.
I'm sorry buddy - I know you're doing your job and that's what it is - a job - but if you think the US army is making people safer then you're probably wrong. The war in Iraq has allowed terrorism to flourish like never before in a country where it was non-existent. Government reports in the US and UK concede this fact. I hope your buddies get home asap so there isn't any more needless waste of life.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
Only psychotics like to kill others. And I seriously doubt the US would recruit psychotics very often.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6653

KingLou wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

There is a difference between disagreeing with someone, and disagreeing childishly (in which case, yes, you're a child).

You sound like a damn 14 year old girl that disagrees with everything her parents say just because she can, and she thinks it makes her righteous, bold, misunderstood, and victimized in that delusional teen angst crabby little snatch world that she's created for herself.  She has her own set of beliefs based around her 14 whole years of world experience, zero of which can be considered "real world" experience.  She doesn't know why she thinks or believes or says the things she thinks/believes/says.  They aren't based in any sort of concrete fact, or anything even resembling a fact for that matter.  Maybe she heard it in some popular song, read it in some fucking online blog, or simply pulled it out of her all-knowing 14 year old ass.....but if called on to defend it, she will do so vehemently and to the utter death with absolutely no substantiation that could pass any modern standard of rational thought or logic anywhere on earth ever.   She will laugh in the face of the "experience" that her parents have, as if that could teach them ANYTHING.  THEY are such IDIOTS.  She has no comprehension of the things her parents do, so they must be wrong.....completelly, totally, and always, because her underdeveloped, hormone modulated brain tissue can't put together the complex puzzle of the tough shit that her parents must do in order to properly raise her dumb,  obnoxious ass in the face of her pointless, yet neverending resistance to being parented at all.

You sir, are indeed a 14 year old girl.  I kindly request that you stuff a tampon in that vagina of a mouth of yours, because your e-period is making the net reek of fish heads and rotten mayo.   

KiL
That's pretty damn funny and so damn true. Well, not sure if it's completely true of Ikarti but certainly of many others I've seen in the froums.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

Okay people, I'd really like to know who negged me for this reason: america suckd dick..period, for making the post agreeing with 'Thanks for serving our Great Country'. Is there a way to find out who?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6605|Cheshire. UK

Ikarti wrote:

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Killing Iraqis does nothing for my freedom. Sorry.
Then you are pretty close minded.  We don't just fight for your freedoms. We fight so that you, your family and friends can be safe and out of harms way.  And Ikarti it is your typical attitude that us soldiers despise.  You have no idea of what goes on in combat much less all the reasons we are there.  That man was breaking UN sanctions on weapons, massacring his own people, spending all his money on crap other than for his people. He gave aid to foreign terrorists and helped them to gain power.  Now here is where the safety part comes in because if you have any idea what VX nerve gas or even a biological weapon release as a small amount can do to a population you might think differently.  VX nerve gases fatal dose is at 250 microns. A drop from a tear dropper is 500 microns.  Just takes that much of it to kill several people.  Released in a major city it could kill 100's of thousands of people.  And trust me soldier's see alot more than the media ever shows. Media promotes their agenda and their political views. Us as soldier's seem to be nothing more than stories to them. 

And for you to be thinking that we are killing nothing but Iraqi's is absurd. Most of the terrorists over there are fighting a "Holy War" and are from countries other than Iraq.  So its not just the Iraqi's getting killed.  Most of their casualties have come from suicide bombings of the terrorists. So if you dont know what it is like to be shot at, watch a friend get shot, and hear about or watch your buddies die. Then shut up. We don't enjoy killing by any means but it is either us or them.  And most of us choose them.  Id like to see what kind of respect you have when you see 16 polished caskets go by you.  Its a silence of heartache and respect that is impossible to ever experience somewhere else.
Not to mention he was sitting on oil and didn't have any VX. I know what VX does, and if Mr. Saddam didn't have any VX, or Sarin, or what have you, then what threat did he pose?

40,000 civilian casualities is pretty high to be claiming you're killing other things that Iraqis. I know that combatants from other countries have flooded in, and I know there's sectarian violence as well, but I also know that the military really doesn't give a damn either.

And as for the pity story about being shot at and all that...no one forced you to sign up for it. It's a job like any other. It pays the bills, I understand. But you never hear firefighters get bitter about fighting fires, do you?
No VX or Sarin......hmmmm ask the Kurds he used it on..........oh you cant he wiped em all out....the reason you can spout your shit in here is because solders like us secure your freedom of speech....Im not trying to shut you up...just think before you open your mouth
ResDog1
+51|6772|Netherlands
OK Recon +1 for serving your country.

Me being a critical Dutchman (ergo a non-American) have some comments for you to give you some perspective... I hear your story about fighting for freedom and so on, but the horrible truth is that you are fighting for the political agenda of your leaders. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that your Grandfathers came in '45 to relieve us from the Nazi's, but where it not for other interests (like oil, Arabs with nukes, economic impulses, getting the peoples vote) the US would not be in any global conflict.

About the reason you fight... When you were in your war and were lying in a ditch with you fellow soldiers, where you thinking about how good it felt you were fighting for freedom? BS... You were fighting for the man next to you. (And off course the officers told you to fight). And there is nothing wrong with that.

Only when you are the one being attacked, when you home soil is threatened, I can understand you are fighting for your freedom.

Now about the linking to kill people. As a reason for not linking to kill people you name the trauma's you get from it. What about killing being morally wrong.

They are working on a medicine for soldiers to take the emotions out of killing and stressful combat situations. You take a pill and the emotion you have about the person you just killed is the same as blowing your nose.

So if that would be available to you do you think killing would be less of a problem?
I think yes...

Ever heard of B.F Skinner. The Army is using his psychological techniques to teach soldiers to kill at a drop of a hat. It is called conditioning and it works. Killing for a soldiers has nothing to do with liking... It is a conditioned behavior. The only problem the Army was having was the emotional problems the soldiers were having afterward (ergo Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). With the invention of this pill that will become something of the past (thanks to the information acquired from patients who have received brain surgery, they discovered where the emotions connection to an event are stored en how to modify these emotions, experiments with mice have succeeded).

So my question to you Recon is this. When this pill comes available to the Army, will you take it and be able to lead a normal life as if nothing has even happened. Or will you refuse and feel the pain for the rest of your life, contributing to our global conscience.

If you really are against killing people, you will refuse this pill... but hey it is your life.

I mean no disrespect to you and your fellow soldiers, just hoping to give you another view for you to think about.

Grtz. ResDog1

[pWa]Recon wrote:

being a soldier, and having gone to war for my country, i say NO, do any of you know what it is like to dream the same dream over and over again, until you are walking down the street with your wife and kids and you spaz out and hit the ground, because your dream is not playing out for you in real time, full color, no holds barred action as if you were back in the mix.... maybe 2% of you do, until you have this first hand knowledge, shut the fuck up, and keep your ASS HAT statements to your self about "the red mist" (jarhead) and baby killers ( LBJ), i don't want to hear it, people in america.... soldiers fight for your freedom so you have the RIGHT TO PROTEST the war, we fight for you to say whatever your little minds think about an elected office... we fight for the freedom that allows you to be on this message board in the first place..... do you think that China can just google whatever it wants to..... nope.... less freedoms..... your freedom of speech is a soldiers curse, due to this we take your comments with a grain of salt (or sand, depending if you have been to the sand box) and say we fight for YOU, the civilians, so you can curse us, and spit on us... and another thing..... while you spit on us.... we stand still, hold our ground, and remember that this land was formed on the blood of our country's leaders, soldiers, and HONOR. remember this before you deside to cut down a soldier for keeping your civil freedoms just that... free, remember that before you protest another soldiers furnal, remember that the next time you see our flag waving above your head, that soldiers bleed the red stripes to keep the white(civilians in general) stripes pure, and the field of blue and white held in union. Truth, Honor, and the HIGHEST ESPRIT` De Corps.

~Recon
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6739|St. Andrews / Oslo

just as much as other people like to kill people i think...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

KingLou wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

KiL
I can't believe you wasted time writing that. You wrote a pretty little insult but neglected to mention how it even pertains. I hope you hit an IED.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

joker3327 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Not to mention he was sitting on oil and didn't have any VX. I know what VX does, and if Mr. Saddam didn't have any VX, or Sarin, or what have you, then what threat did he pose?

40,000 civilian casualities is pretty high to be claiming you're killing other things that Iraqis. I know that combatants from other countries have flooded in, and I know there's sectarian violence as well, but I also know that the military really doesn't give a damn either.

And as for the pity story about being shot at and all that...no one forced you to sign up for it. It's a job like any other. It pays the bills, I understand. But you never hear firefighters get bitter about fighting fires, do you?
No VX or Sarin......hmmmm ask the Kurds he used it on..........oh you cant he wiped em all out....the reason you can spout your shit in here is because solders like us secure your freedom of speech....Im not trying to shut you up...just think before you open your mouth
Actually, there's still a lot of Kurds and that was back in the 80s. Remember, the US went there to confinscate WMDs. This was after we said he was linked to Al-Qaeda but before we said we were "liberating" the iraqs. Damn you guys need to fact check.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6605|Cheshire. UK
Ikarti if youre going to give neg then at least put your name to it...oh and you can prove that its been years since he had any can you???   thought not.
Snakestyles
+17|6744|South Africa
Never confuse the media's perception of what you do with the peoples undestaning of how important your actions are, weather America is in the right or wrong i still feel the US military gets the short end of the stick when it comes to the media.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

joker3327 wrote:

Ikarti if youre going to give neg then at least put your name to it...oh and you can prove that its been years since he had any can you???   thought not.
Of course I can. He certainly didn't have any in 2003. That's years. But even before then, and if you're going to challenge me to look up the EXACT date of the last gassing, I challenge you to find proof that he's been doing it up to the past 5 years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard