nuttydave
+-3|6737|Bristol UK
Wow theres some really really sad people out there dont get me wrong i love bf but looking at the guy with the the top score on average he plays 5 hours a day since June. Time to get out the house buddy maybe get yourself a girlfriend or a job stop claiming those benifits you know what i mean after all this game wont be here for ever and neither will your stats and you cant put i got top score in bf2 because i played for 5 hours a day in your CV

Im gonna get slated for this ;/

i didnt just mean blazinuk by the way the second guy actually got more hours about 7 hours a day since june

Last edited by nuttydave (2005-11-08 06:46:04)

ayb
+0|6746|Orlando, FL
get a job and/or a girlfriend, the age-old warcry of statwhores that find themselves outwhored. ever consider that maybe these top statters are 13, 14 years old? no need to work, no interest in girls (yet)?
007hutchy
+2|6779

ayb wrote:

13, 14 years old? no need to work, no interest in girls (yet)?
Those were the days. Wish i had BF2 when i was that age !
nuttydave
+-3|6737|Bristol UK
um maybe there parents should get involved then after all school comes to mind homework maybe......sitting down for 5 hours a day aint good for a 13-14 old child it aint good for anyone deep vein thrombosis(excuse spelling) comes to mind quite literally.

lol oh yeah how can i be a stat whore ive been playin since like febuary and dont even have 20,000 points yet moderation my friend moderation

Last edited by nuttydave (2005-11-08 00:05:59)

Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6831|Scotland!
I'm 17, and yeah I played games excessively since I've been about 11.  I've turned out fine, career prospects looking good, and a decent social life.

But then again, i do know that there are people that would chose BF2 over going out with friends - THAT is when you have the problem.
theoflow
+1|6748
I play a good amount of Battlefield, although mostly past midnight; probably 3-4 hours a day.  I teach and i have a steady GF of 7 months.  She is just very UNDERSTANDING....LoL.

But when she's around i never play, although i do have an urge to do so.  And because she's trying to become a pastry chef, when she cooks i help out as a requirement to pay for my gameplay.  Also, i do meet with friends regularly; it is NYC for christ sake.

And assuming the top players are adults, they have their own right to do what they wish.  Playing battlefield is usually indicative of some income; food, water, shelter, power, and high speed line.

Also, although this might sound like the geek warcry, can u honestly say your the best at something in the ENTIRE WORLD?  Top 10?  Top 100 even?  If i ever got to that point (which i'm about 10,000 off) i would be proud of it.
nuttydave
+-3|6737|Bristol UK
it dont mean your good because you spend more time playin a game he has the best global score thats all someone should do a skill site not just stats
ayb
+0|6746|Orlando, FL

nuttydave wrote:

sitting down for 5 hours a day aint good for a 13-14 old child it aint good for anyone deep vein thrombosis(excuse spelling) comes to mind quite literally
guess we should petition congress to outlaw school, then.

and it's been a few years, but if memory serves the chairs in public school classrooms were nowhere near as comfortable as today's average computer chair.
1234BGD
+1|6740
I admit excessively playing only on friday after work - when I "settle the accounts" with various people that I worked with that week Often I travel abroad and have no time or desire to play then, but my favourite time to play is FRI and SAT. Sunday is all family day - I go to see my dad (if he's in the country), grandma and others... also... I noticed, football (soccer) is good to boost up BF2 skills it enhances coordination and in particular  if you play in a cage (no outs, no corners )
thinner44
+1|6800
I think some of the very top players have multiple users on the same account, that's what I heard, don't bust me over it

nuttydave, I'm not going to slate you, to a degree you're right, but you're also wrong. There are myriad reasons why some players have put in long hours of play, I myself have been known to put in an 8 hour day on BF2, I don't consider it sad, I just sit back and think, where the hell did the day go . I'm also married and have responsibilities, and do manage to do the 'real life' things.

nuttydave, here's an experiment for you. Sit at your computer, play a game you really enjoy but restrict yourself to only 30 minutes. Then find something to do that you really hate doing, something mundane, boring, tedious, and again, 30 minutes. I think you'll not be very surprised at the results

ayb, as I sit back in my real leather, heat massaging computer chair I can remember clearly, the hard wooden splintered, falling apart school chair.... 'hmmmm' the old days
BladeRunner
+5|6740|UK
How many officers in the army have their job just because of 'time-served'? Good on 'im I say. If he (or whatever group plays that one account) wants to and can invest that much time into something he likes doing...nice one.

There is a trend at the moment, however, for people to get accounts like this just so they can sell them. If that's the case it's more cynical, but still...if that's how he makes a living...good luck to him.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-08 01:12:54)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

are we really going to argue about that ?

come one folks...it's a free world, and everyone can choose to spend his or her time as desired.

social life, GF, job, who gives a damn ? Why should I care about blaZin or anyone else in the top ten ?
We know nothing about these guys, and to me, that's a good thing. They do their thing, I do mine.

I'm not saying such a discussion is pointless, mind you, I just think it will lead nowhere.
nuttydave
+-3|6737|Bristol UK
nuttydave, here's an experiment for you. Sit at your computer, play a game you really enjoy but restrict yourself to only 30 minutes. Then find something to do that you really hate doing, something mundane(work), boring(housework), tedious(work), and again(more housework), 30 minutes. I think you'll not be very surprised at the results

This my friend is life. Dont get me wrong i have had my bf2, css and wow missions where im glued to the chair but on average i dont spend 5 hours every day since June doing it.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the chinese game time limit so say there not allowing people to play more than 3 hours or there accounts get wiped (this is for wow though i think) how will the grinders cope will this end up being a global thing
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6804

ayb wrote:

get a job and/or a girlfriend, the age-old warcry of statwhores that find themselves outwhored. ever consider that maybe these top statters are 13, 14 years old? no need to work, no interest in girls (yet)?
Uhhh, dude I think most 13/14 year olds are VERY interested in girls...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6773|The Hague, Holland
I'm 16. Still in school, I have a job, have a girlfriend for about 10 months now.

Yet I find the time to play about 2-3 hours a day.

Putting the nervous twitches from my eye aside, I have no problems with gaming this long

Last edited by Sgt.Gh0st (2005-11-08 02:36:39)

r00fus
+2|6783
no need for girlfriends when you can find prostitutes at half the price
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6741|Derby, England
Some people earn money by playing games - games tournament players, computer game testers. Factor in the fact that EA are offering quarter of a million dollars in the BF2 tournament - well, maybe he might be earning more than you think.

http://www.eagames.com/redesign/editori … attlefield

Besides, everyone assumes Blazin is a guy - could be a girl for all I know.
checkered_jedi
+0|6737
i play alot like 3 hours a day.....its not bad its just something to pass the time after skewl because i dont get much homework and when i do, i do it then come on for a bit and if friends go out i go with them
KillerAFET
+3|6771|Abilene, Texas
Nuttydave,

Yep, that guy in the number one slot is driven to be the first to get the 200K score and good for him.  I do agree with you that you cannot go into the bank and cash that 200,000 points but what the hell. 

And do not assume that the higher the score the lesser the likelyhood of having a girlfriend or boyfriend (there are female players out there too you narrow minded twit).  Are you saying that anyone with a score of over 150,000 points are zit-faced virgins on welfare?

I'm an engineer taking home over $75K a year and still am hooked on this game and I SUCK AT IT!!! Given the chance I'd stay at home and try to earn that damned explosives badge too but I have responsibilities that dictate otherwise.

One more thing son, this is a comma [ , ].  This is a period [ . ].   Before you throw stones maybe you should inspect your own glass house.
KillerAFET
+3|6771|Abilene, Texas

thinner44 wrote:

I think some of the very top players have multiple users on the same account, that's what I heard, don't bust me over it
Wow, players sharing the same screen name.  If I thought about this I'd hire a C4 whore to get me a badge!!!!!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6743|Toronto, ON
Sigh, another idiot.

You dumbass, if you were smart, you'd know he shares his account with 5 (let me spell it, F-I-V-E) people.

God, these dumbass idiots who always assume the most absurd things (What are you? A 14 year old or something).

You are the 1234790217490 guy that had to be told this and get pwned.
Alpha as fuck.
B.Schuss

gentlemen, please...let's leave the name-calling to Jerry Springer, shall we ?

insults generally won't help much in any discussion.

thx
B.

PS: I have heard that rumor ( remember, it is nothing more than that atm ) that blaZin is sharing his account with a couple of guys, but I have also read a post from a guy who claims to know blaZin personally, and he says blaZin does not share his account with anyone. I try not to take internet gossip as fact....

whatever blaZin does has no significance to me anyway

cheers,
B.
nuttydave
+-3|6737|Bristol UK

KillerAFET wrote:

Nuttydave,

Yep, that guy in the number one slot is driven to be the first to get the 200K score and good for him.  I do agree with you that you cannot go into the bank and cash that 200,000 points but what the hell. 

And do not assume that the higher the score the lesser the likelyhood of having a girlfriend or boyfriend (there are female players out there too you narrow minded twit).  Are you saying that anyone with a score of over 150,000 points are zit-faced virgins on welfare?

I'm an engineer taking home over $75K a year and still am hooked on this game and I SUCK AT IT!!! Given the chance I'd stay at home and try to earn that damned explosives badge too but I have responsibilities that dictate otherwise.

One more thing son, this is a comma [ , ].  This is a period [ . ].   Before you throw stones maybe you should inspect your own glass house.
If theres one girl in the top one hundred ill eat my hat and a tin of dog food.
dsb
+0|6768

nuttydave wrote:

it dont mean your good because you spend more time playin a game he has the best global score thats all someone should do a skill site not just stats
Comparing your stats to his, the only thing you have on him is your K/D ratio.  But I'm willing to throw that out the window since about 65% of your kills come from when you are in a vehicle, which, to my mind, is the reason why your K/D is higher than his.  Of his 39000+ kills, only 3500 or so come from vehicles...less than 10%.
B.Schuss

nuttydave wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

Nuttydave,

If theres one girl in the top one hundred ill eat my hat and a tin of dog food.
the thing is, even if there is a girl among the top 100, how could we prove beyond reasonable doubt...?

But I'll admit I'd love to see you eat your hat and a tin of dog food....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard