phivo74
+0|6819|Germany
Hi,

I was wondering if you can use your online profile to play on a LAN server and have your current online rank reflected.
Not that it really matters but I'm going to have a LAN party with a few friends and don't want to be a private.

Cheers
Phivo
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6844|"Frisco"

Nah. Got to have a ranked server. It would be cool if a server could play in "half ranked" mode where by the server would download ranking info (unlocks, etc) but unless "Official" it wouldn't report.
STEW002
+0|6747
you cant be ranked on a LAN connection, but you and your friends can go on a ranked server with no people and play.
Kirks
+0|6843|Portland, OR USA
Similar to chuy's comment...is there a way to make the server do the other half?  As in keep local stats? 
We have a small, but recurring LAN and it would be nice to see stats on these games.  I think UT2004 does something like this....?
nuttydave
+-3|6741|Bristol UK
just have your lan server set so all unlocks are allowed
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6777
I've never been able to get a local server (for a LAN party) to allow unlocks. Anyone know how to make it happen?

I'm saying this without searching, but we could really use an administrator's guide.

Edit: Ok, I searched and didn't find anything. Does anyone know enough about administration of BF2 servers to write up a guide? I'm sure you'd earn yourself a coveted sticky in the "Featured Post" section!

Last edited by Bubkin (2005-11-08 07:59:39)

phivo74
+0|6819|Germany
Big nod!!

I tried to set up a dedicated server on one of my PCs because it looked as if you can set more parameters on a dedicated server than on a playing server but I never manager to set the unlocks to enabled.

Anybody managed to do just that?
ptegan
+0|6739
This page explains how to enable unlocks :

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17633

This page explains how to have LAN basde ranking where you decide the points scheme and you decide the medals you want :

http://www.bf2scripts.com/modules/news/

Last edited by ptegan (2005-11-10 05:58:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard