*fmj*power
+1|6753
ok i noticed a few days ago punkbuster finaly decided to go back 3 months through their kick list and globaly ban anyone ever kicked for anytype of a cheat, even the 2 min kicks....WOHOO PUNKBUSTER!!!! i also noticed that the live master ban list has grown a lot since. the only kick in the ass is that the guys putting out these cheats have already made a tool to unban banned users from the punkbuster server. arent these guys finaly going to far? wont this be some major legal violation? i mean they are spoofing GUID's now, i thought the master ban server was secure but apparently these guys are hacking into the server itself to remove their names from the list. i just wondered if anyone had more info on this since its a pretty big change to the entire way punkbuster works and could be a a first step in finaly ending these mx guys bankroll or just make them smarter, im not sure witch yet. quote from their site if noones seen it yet...there forums are in a uproar, everyone has apparently been banned by punkbuster.

after better judgment i decided to remove the paragraph from the mx site, you can go there and read it on the main page id just rather not intice anyone by posting it in here.

Last edited by *fmj*power (2005-11-07 15:47:41)

Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6778
BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK
Now I'm concerned about this. A week or two ago i was having bad connection problems (turns out the junction box on the outside wall had been knocked off when the neighbours put up a fence). Well I was on a server (can't remember which one) and I got kicked...it said something like 'Kicked by punkbuster cheating: aimbot or hack'. Well I don't do either so I thought I'd try it again. Went on the server, asked the admin if i was auto kicked. He said yes. It then happened again. Went to another server. Thought if it happens again I need to reinstall the game. Nothing. No problems. I did let the other admin know that I had hacked the single player file (the one that unlocks the guns in single player) and that it didn't work anyway.
Turns out a mate of mine had a problem with a hole in his box that caused bad connections when it rained...he used to get kicked from freelancer when his connection was iffy...for cheating. Seeing as how he was the other admin, I knew he wasn't.

Well, it's only happened twice on one server so fingers crossed nothing comes of it

btw check my stats lol...aimbot? DON'T think so.
*fmj*power
+1|6753
i wouldnt worry about it at all, i would assume they are using the punkbuster screenshots in conjuntion with the ban list and if you did nothing i wouldnt worry at all.
RKF77
+1|6748
Wow, you mean punkbuster may actually start working?  Cheaters MAY actually have something to worry about?

I'll believe it when I actually see a kick or twenty.  Can't remember the last time I saw one...
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6778|Texas
Where do you see this list?
nuttydave
+-3|6743|Bristol UK
lol damaging your internet connection wont get you kicked for cheating although cheating will

Last edited by nuttydave (2005-11-08 07:00:26)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

BladeRunner wrote:

Turns out a mate of mine had a problem with a hole in his box that caused bad connections when it rained...he used to get kicked from freelancer when his connection was iffy...for cheating. Seeing as how he was the other admin, I knew he wasn't.
it's awfully hard to get kicked in freelancer if you're not cheating. cheating is so SIMPLE (i'll give you an idea. 90% of the data are .ini's, encrpyted ONLY by a BINI algorithm) that anyone can get away with it, and the things that they do kick you for are the basic things that everyone learns.

however, if he was kicked by FLCD, an outside program then that happens way too often. it basically creates a CRC of your files and the servers, if it matches yay if not too bad for you. Bad connections always intefere with the CRC transmission.
BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK

Coolbeano wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

it's awfully hard to get kicked in freelancer if you're not cheating. cheating is so SIMPLE (i'll give you an idea. 90% of the data are .ini's, encrpyted ONLY by a BINI algorithm) that anyone can get away with it, and the things that they do kick you for are the basic things that everyone learns.
Absolutely right. Hackers can be caught though. Took the scalps of plenty.

Coolbeano wrote:

however, if he was kicked by FLCD, an outside program then that happens way too often. it basically creates a CRC of your files and the servers, if it matches yay if not too bad for you. Bad connections always intefere with the CRC transmission.
Bingo

lol Now yet talkin' my language
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

although getting around FLCD ain't that hard either >.<
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790

BladeRunner wrote:

.... I had hacked the single player file (the one that unlocks the guns in single player) ...
Hmm
BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK

aardfrith wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

.... I had hacked the single player file (the one that unlocks the guns in single player) ...
Hmm
It's a well known one..it's SUPPOSED to allow you to unlock the weapons in single player. Didn't work though. I'm playing on a fresh install now anyhoo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard