Kazeons^
+1|6764|Denmark - Sønderylland
Hey.
i was snipping at the square at strike at karkland i drop 2 claymores up there and then two of my teammates come up on the roof and they both die lol but they both punish me!!! thats so noobie. so what about to make it you cant punish for claymore just as they didt  with artilliery.?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands
i agree the only thing is you can put claymore behind a fiendly and he cant move anywhere but i agree on your point something must be done
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6767|AUS, Canberra
me too! was up a crane yesterday and i guy in my squad starts his way up, i even tell him about the claymor via voip! he gets to the top stops looks....then keeps going!!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)
Has anyone ever managed to disable a claymore ?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany
The best would be that the claymores just ignore teammates as there are still some blind people who can´t read.

Today I´ve been playing Songhua Stalemate as a US Sniper. There were three guys who repeatedly came into our mainbase and destroyed the assets, so I placed two claymores right next to the Arty on top of that hill as this usually was their first stop on their usual tour.
But just as I placed em there our Commander decided it would be a good idea to get right next to that gun (before he was tank whoring all the time instead of commanding but this time someone else got the tank right before he respawned). So BOOM he was blown to Kittenland punishing me on his way.

So I went to the next supply crate available and restocked my claymores and before I was able to get up there those three guys were back so I sniped 'em down after they destroyed that gun. Then I waited untill an engineer who was close repaired the gun and placed my claymores there again and warned my team in CAPS that I mined the area again. I went to a good spot to wait for those guys and just as I lay down I see my commander running towards my claymores. BOOM again. Then I kept on sniping and ignored anyone who tried to destroy the arty gun (most of the time knifing our commander on their way but he was useless after all)
pjharris
+0|6753
I hate being punished for using claymores.  If you play the game right and you see a red X on top of a ladder it's probably a sniper and some claymores, not some C4 and a Spec Ops.  And def. not some AT Mines.  I mean there might be enemy up there so you should be cautious when you go to the top anyway, and simply peek around, but if you add a red X to this equation you should think oh probably a claymore.  I hate that so much, and I've recently found a love for sniping too, and it really works to booby trap the ladder or behind you or whatever.  But isn't worth it when there are a ton of friendly's around that could mornically come up and get blown up and then punish.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

jup throw a nade near them. the same with mines.
but what should make a diffrence is a diffrent icon for evry explosive so you know what lays there

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2005-11-07 10:21:31)

Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6778

pjharris wrote:

...If you play the game right and you see a red X on top of a ladder it's probably a sniper and some claymores, not some C4 and a Spec Ops.  And def. not some AT Mines.
but what if'n it is one of them'thar mines... I best climb up that thar ladder and have me's a good look. Tell that poor engineer he dun left his mine at the top of a ladder. doh-oh de doh.

Last edited by Bubkin (2005-11-07 11:40:33)

Turtle
+7|6754|Boulder, CO

Bubkin wrote:

pjharris wrote:

...If you play the game right and you see a red X on top of a ladder it's probably a sniper and some claymores, not some C4 and a Spec Ops.  And def. not some AT Mines.
but what if'n it is one of them'thar mines... I best climb up that thar ladder and have me's a good look. Tell that poor engineer he dun left his mine at the top of a ladder. doh-oh de doh.
Ya, you should always run over the red skulls, engineers backpacks were equipped with faulty straps and they end up leaving mines all over the place. So make sure you run em over so as to save your teammates from hitting them, and don't forget to punish, the engineer needs to learn to better maintain his equipment.

Ontopic - Punishment shouldn't be taken out cause then you would just get a bunch of kids claymoring their teams spawn points. But for the complete idiots they should change how the markers appear for c4/claymores/mines. I dunno why they aren't all slightly different, but they should be.
pjharris
+0|6753

Turtle wrote:

Bubkin wrote:

pjharris wrote:

Ya, you should always run over the red skulls, engineers backpacks were equipped with faulty straps and they end up leaving mines all over the place. So make sure you run em over so as to save your teammates from hitting them, and don't forget to punish, the engineer needs to learn to better maintain his equipment.

Ontopic - Punishment shouldn't be taken out cause then you would just get a bunch of kids claymoring their teams spawn points. But for the complete idiots they should change how the markers appear for c4/claymores/mines. I dunno why they aren't all slightly different, but they should be.
First off, neither myself or bubkin said anything about AT mines in the road.  I was talking about how people should realize that theres probably an 80% chance that a red X at the top of a ladder is a claymore from a sniper and not C4 and a 100% chance that it isn't an AT mine.  I don't know if you were trying to poke fun at him or me, or just being sarcastic in general.  But if you were poking fun then it is very misguided.

And I completely agree and support that there should be a way to differentiate the explosives from the marker.  And you can confirm my support from another reply to a post here > http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1739 .

Last edited by pjharris (2005-11-07 14:16:09)

Turtle
+7|6754|Boulder, CO
I thought it was obvious that bubkin's and my posts were blatantly sarcastic.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6789

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

grenade it
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

fdcp_elmo wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

jup throw a nade near them.

DesertEagle357 wrote:

grenade it
I didn't know you could 'nade them, however, I meant as an Engineer - I've removed mines, but I've never had the bottle to try a claymore...

Has anybody tried and succeded ?
eatmywheaties
+2|6755
was playing expert single player, and watched the a.i. wrench my claymore.

it can happen.
nuttydave
+-3|6742|Bristol UK
how about you drop the claymore off the edge of the ladder so that your guys can see it also put one at the top
buzz4god
+0|6746
i hate on kanarkand when snipers on US place claymore on a popular entrance into the city when we only have 1 flag(home base), then get pissed when i grenade it to get through. Sorry but until i have at leat one flag captured thats a horable idea.
As for seeing the red x's and thinking they are claymores 80% of the time, thats true to ladders, but other places C4 is everywere. I get careless sometimes and get tked, but i never punish. If claymores are pointed the right way you should see it before you get blown up too. People open your eyes, and figure out whats around you before you run over a red X!

Last edited by buzz4god (2005-11-07 23:44:22)

pjharris
+0|6753

nuttydave wrote:

how about you drop the claymore off the edge of the ladder so that your guys can see it also put one at the top
This is a horrible idea.  A sniper only gets two claymores.  If the enemy sees one at the bottom of a ladder then think that there is one at the top too,  It ruins the element of surprise and another claymore.  Also, I would have to go find a support when my position got found out to get more claymores, it's not worth it.  But if I use one then I get found out, and they come up the ladder it's def. time to move.  And then I'll have a claymore left to use in my new spot.

As for what buzz4good said,  I agree that C4 is everywhere, and sometimes I do run over some AT mines thinking it's C4, but I don't punish for that because it was my fault.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6768|Atlanta, GA USA
I thought the skull and crossbones were for power-ups!
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6778

nuttydave wrote:

Hmmm... Then I can get two TK's without having to reset!
Galen1066
+1|6756|Colo. Springs

Kazeons^ wrote:

Hey.
i was snipping at the square at strike at karkland i drop 2 claymores up there and then two of my teammates come up on the roof and they both die lol but they both punish me!!! thats so noobie. so what about to make it you cant punish for claymore just as they didt  with artilliery.?
I agree with you on this, can't count the times I've gotten punished for stupid things my teammates do, I'd also like to include AT mines as well. If they can't tell that the Bright RED skull & crossbones is a warning then they need killing. Just lastnight I was told by Squad leader to mine the road, did this and as I ran away, he followed me in an APV blew-up then punished me for it, so played in ass-hat mode and forced him to TK me in several vehicles and punished him for it. Moarl is don't tell your troops to do something and then punish them for your own dumb-ass mistakes.
Galen1066
+1|6756|Colo. Springs

atlvolunteer wrote:

I thought the skull and crossbones were for power-ups!
LMAO, Obviously most people must think that as well

Last edited by Galen1066 (2005-11-09 19:36:56)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6803|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

fdcp_elmo wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

jup throw a nade near them.

DesertEagle357 wrote:

grenade it
I didn't know you could 'nade them, however, I meant as an Engineer - I've removed mines, but I've never had the bottle to try a claymore...

Has anybody tried and succeded ?
I have.....As an engy....you just have to careful (and lucky enough)  to be able to approach them from the rear. I was playing Dalian Plant as Chinese and the enemy sniper had placed his claymores at the bottom of the ladder of the tower overlooking the central base in front of the valley, each facing away from the ladder, I crept between them and then disabled them both. I then climbed the ladder and found the sniper peering through his scope, confident in that his claymores were protecting him and promply knifed him.

https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/awards.jpg
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6838|Missoula, MT
punsih... *sigh*
pogled
+0|6775|Europe
Concerning AT mines:

Why don't mark mined areas on the map? Every sensible army would survey its minefields (if you want to call 6 of them a minefield...). Shouldn't be to difficult to implement for EA/DICE.
When i lay mines as Engineer/Squadleader I use the "mine this area" order and hope that the Commander somehow relays it to our armour heading this way. If not, at least my boys know. Sometimes it is best to hide near the mines and if a own tank (cars are to fast) comes by, i get on th road to stop him and clear a passage (which i shut after the columnhas passed by).

But I agree on the different colours for different types of explosives.

Last edited by pogled (2005-11-13 11:11:28)

nzjafa
+2|6762

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

yeah, once. you have to be behind them though. i came up behind a sniper and killed him, then found myself between his outward facing claymores, so i picked them up so no one else stepped on them.
never been able to do it again, and i dont really want to either, its the most risky type of mine to clear, and usually just involves me dying a lot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard