crusaderop50
+1|6810
not to be a rank hog or anything, but it would be ok if EA lowers the ranking requirement again.  like on the next patch.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6732|Oregon, USA
no way. that would be horrible, as the ranks are easy enough to get as it is.
Galen1066
+1|6730|Colo. Springs
I could see them lowering the requirements for badges ribbons but not rank.
Ikuza
Commander Disconnect
+-1|6770
Keep the bottom ranks the same, lower the top ranks. Ex: All ranks up to 1st Sgt are the same, maybe bring down Sgt Major a little, and reduce the gap between all rank progression past this point. This way everyone has a chance to eventually become an officer and the top ten might actually reach general one day.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
i think ikuza idea is right.
DriftX
+0|6757
Yes, lower them, then add in ranks like 1LT. and Maj.
nzjafa
+2|6735
i dont think ikuza is right. if everyone was an officer, that would be stupid. you'll never see a battle in the real world in which everyone is sergeant or above because the army wouldnt expend high ranking people like that. i think the requirements should be raised again. just my 2 cents

Last edited by nzjafa (2005-11-07 20:17:02)

Ikuza
Commander Disconnect
+-1|6770

nzjafa wrote:

i dont think ikuza is right. if everyone was an officer, that would be stupid. you'll never see a battle in the real world in which everyone is sergeant or above because the army wouldnt expend high ranking people like that. i think they requirements should be raised again. just my 2 cents
It would take you 1689 hours at your current pace to reach 75k points.

It would take you 2252 hours at your current pace to reach 100k points.

Both would be very valid marks for 2nd LT and some people would probably never reach them.  Plus new people or restarts would always be around to fill out the enlisted ranks.
nzjafa
+2|6735
i play once a week at an internet cafe, so i'm probably never going to reach gunnery sergeant. i guess it just doesnt really worry me
jax
+12|6737
im the same as nzjafa as well as living in NZ. were do u live and which internet cafe do u go to i am 20 hours awy form gunnery sarg. (i go to battle link in christchurch).anyway i was going to sat that i think that they should lower the 4 top ranks and make some of the medals eazier to get e.g 50 hours for infartry medal 50 hours in tank instead of 250 and 500
buzz4god
+0|6719
come on, dont you want to prove you have no life rather then people just wonder when the ranks and medals take 6 months of solid playing to get?!
Varsol
+1|6729
I think it would be fine as is, but it wouldn't suprise me none if EA lowered them again. What I want to see is some sort of unlock associated with going into officer ranks. I'm thinking airstrike capability, working and scored kidof like artillary.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard