{USI}_Zombie
+11|6799
An asset I would like to see is a communications trailer.  It wouldn't add any capabilities for the commander, but it would be a destroyable asset, and when destroyed the commander wouldn't be able to issue "attack here/move here...etc" orders or hear commo rose requests from squad leaders, until the trailer was repaired.
  It would add a little "realism" since suppression of comms can turn a battle IRL anyway, and I know it could be circumvented with text typing, but still I think it would add another dimension to the game.
  BTW, I command a lot, and this would kind of be a thorn in my side actually if the enemy caught on to destroying the thing, but I would still like to see it.  I know there is little chance of seeing such a thing, but it still would be cool I think
schakl
+21|6715
Hey, you are an optimist. Have you ever been commander and a squad is obeying the commands you give ?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6773|The United Center
I like it.  I've heard of something like this before, only it disabled all communications.  No text, no VOIP, no commo rose...nothing.  I really like it and I think it would add a brand new element to gameplay.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6774|Mark it zero.
depending on who our commander is, i would probably destroy our own. most commanders we get are just dumbasses... its very rare that there is a good one.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6684| United States of America

schakl wrote:

Have you ever been commander and a squad is obeying the commands you give ?
so true *shakes head* so true
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6609
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!
Enemy infantry spotted!

Communiations hub destroyed.

-6 points for destroying team asset!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6644|InGerLand

schakl wrote:

Hey, you are an optimist. Have you ever been commander and a squad is obeying the commands you give ?
lol, or been a squad leader and been given decent orders by your commander?
"Attack this location [insert location other side of map]"
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6799
actually, on a few occasions, I have had squad leaders follow orders, and sometimes all the squads do and we run over the map.  There are many games where commander is frustrating.  Hey I was just pitching an idea, something to add another element.  I could add a whole long treatise on how to be a good commander and a good squad leader.
Souljah
+42|6693

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I like it.  I've heard of something like this before, only it disabled all communications.  No text, no VOIP, no commo rose...nothing.  I really like it and I think it would add a brand new element to gameplay.
that would be cool but clans who use ts or vent wouldnt be affected by the no voip or texting. i know i wouldnt be affected by it
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6716|Tampa Bay Florida
Great idea.

Typing would be the equivilant of sending a runner.  Not very convenient, but it allows you to communicate in short messages if you don't have a radio/phone/watever

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard