SWAMRaoulDuke
+0|6788

GotMex? wrote:

Oh I forgot, at the end, I got the tank from the Airfiled and was on my way to Northbase when I see the chopper hovering over the flag. I was truly past the chopper thing but I still felt like I had to shoot an honorary tank round in the direction. I even led the chopper a bit and aimed higher, with the intention of hitting it but of course didn't expect anything to happen.

Well I'll be dammed but I hit the chopper and since it had damage already it smoked for a bit, then blew up, and with those two tks I was kicked. Damn proud of that shot though...
I would have done the same.....!!
KillerAFET
+3|6777|Abilene, Texas
Sud - I got a hankering to target you each and every day you are in a server and stick some C4 to your ride and set it off about 20 seconds after launch.  What a moron!!!  Time to hunt - its jackass season!!!

What makes you or anyone else out there better then me? If you are part of a clan good for you, play on your own server.  If I join a server thats owned by you and I don't play by your rules then boot me - take your ball and go home sonny.  Otherwise grow up and play like the big boys do. 

This reminds me of the days where blacks had to give their seats to whites.
thinner44
+1|6806

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

No
Well that was short and sweet..... but very funny
Chanquad
+-1|6784|Sweden
Sorry to say it sud, but you're an idiot.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6759

:-( Why can't we all just get along?

Jk, good ranting going on here, I'm intrigured by all the "smartness" floating around.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6810
Clark has bailed.... I win!
Flasheart88
+0|6756|Brisbane
Funnily enough, I think there are fewer vehicle tards out there now than a few months ago. In my first few months of playing, I was tk'd regularly on the run to a 'fun' vehicle, as well as frequently dying when my pilot flew into tree/mountain/ground/another aircraft. In my last few months of playing, I've found more and more players giving up pilot seats to more experienced players.

There are still wankers out there, of course - I've been tk'd thrice in one match by the same sniper who wanted my plane on Wake Island. Naturally after the third one, I jumped in the carrier AA and blew the P.O.S. away, which was immensely satisfying.

I think good points have been made on both sides, although clearly both Sud and Clarkvent need to drink a big glass of calm down juice.  But my two cents:

1. AT mines can be gold - my best mate drove around Kubra Dam in a AA tank and every time he spotted a tank, he'd flee round a corner, drop a mine and then back up. The tank would chase after him, and not spot the mine and ... well you know. He got 51 kills, and only a handful of deaths, by picking his fights properly. And he couldn't have done that as well in any other class - insta-kill mines plus continuous repair plus armour equals frag fest.

2. It's important to rack up kills, of course, as it is to help the team with support actions, but the third side of the BF2 pyramid that no one seems to have mentioned, is the squad. Some of the best games I've had have been in a large squad, all on comms, travelling in convoy, capping flags and killing badguys. In a well balanced squad, whether they're all squeezed into a blackhawk, or spread out in a tank, an apc, an AA tank and a C4 jeep, everyone has a role to play, and usually a couple of the squaddies will dominate, supported by the others.  Some of the most fun in games I've had, and the key word is 'fun', are where me and a buddy have scored maybe 15-25 points, keeping the two leaders alive, repaired, armed, whatever, while those other two score 50+. Awesome fun. And, frankly, more important than running around scraping points wherever possible. Plus, as far as winning goes, a well coordinated squad can be very very effective.

3. (Lastly) A note on vehicle whoring: from my point of view, a vehicle whore is NOT someone who goes back to the base for a vehicle (if a side has an attack heli, someone should be in it at all times), NOR is it someone who spends most of their time in a vehicle (if you're good at it, why not?). It's NOT even someone who TK's for a vehicle. (They're called arseholes.)  A vehicle whore is someone who's content to sit on their backside for half a round waiting for the vehicle to spawn for them. A vehicle whore is someone who takes off in the blackhawk with 5 guys waiting on the pad and flies to the enemy artillery, lands, and then abandons the chopper there, thus massively increasing the wait for the heli. Vehicle whores are people who waste time and resources with vehicles. Vehicle whores are people who die repeatedly in planes but keep jumping in them. Sure, learning in combat is important, and I don't begrudge anyone a 'go', but there's a point when a team player needs to stand back and let the big boys handle things. (And no, I don't point myself in the big boy category.)
ClarkVent
+0|6744

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Clark has bailed.... I win!
I haven't bailed, my free time (in between projects) is unfortunately over and other things need my attention.

I do occasionaly have some work to do.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6774
Im torn in the middle, both sides present good arguments, so I arrived at this conclusion:

I absolutely agree with Sud on the point of the team's best helo pilot/gunner being the pilot and gunner, in a perfect world.  Sud, if I had to pick someone to defend up there with all that flaming, it would have been you (as if you needed it).  You presented the best arguments, and, in a perfect BF2 society, you would have been 100% correct.

However, we don't live in a perfect world, and the best guys arent always going to get the chopper.

So, in my opinion, clans should have rights to the helo when that clan pays for it, just like clan admins kick/ban/whatever to people for what we think are unfair reasons, but we have to accept it because they pay the bills.  If you dont like it, get out of their server and find a clan that doesn't give a shit.  Other than that, I agree with Sud, but Im content with it being first come first serve on anything but clan-owned servers.  Quite often, clan members ARE the better choice over non-clan members, because they practice in the helo, and they are connected through voice (either TS, Ventrilo, whatever) MOST of the time.  An average gunner you can talk to is more valuable than a good one who doesn't know what you are doing.

On EA Games servers, however, Im fine with first come first serve.  There really will never be another way, as much as I would like it to be.  Not until they come up with a ranking for vehicles like they do commander.

That would be an interesting idea, wouldn't it?  Rank your skill with a vehicle, and you have to apply for vehicles at the beginning of the game, to obtain rights to it?  Problem is, nowadays, there would be no way to rank up.  The higher ranking people would always score the vehicles.

Besides, if you're like me, you just avoid vehicles altogether for the first 10 minutes of a map.  After that, your team usually has some outposts and there is alot less competition for them (sometimes).
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

'Kay guys, lets stop flaming Sud.
I'm not siding with him or whatever, but would just like to give this the 'who gives a fuck' rating. The guy has less play time then most of us. Big woop. If people here start to get paranoid that people will tease them because of shameful stats, no-one's going to have fun in Battlefield - we'll all just be too preoccupied with making sure our stats don't suck too much.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6740
I think Clarkvent has a pretty good view of whats going on.  If I get to a chopper first, and two clan members wanted too be there, too bad for them.  One has to go, or they can go do something else.  First come first serve. 

If some dork has been monopolizing vehicles and stealing them when others are waiting, I dont have too much of a problem Tking them only if you have been waiting and they still steal the chopper. 

I went back to BF Vietnam the other day and hopped into a chopper.  Someone who had been whoring the chopper jumped in as gunner.  I flew out, capped a base and was killed by a Mi8 with double missles.  Not much I could do, he was higher than me so he had the advantage.  My passenger just happened to be an expert at flying told me to learn how to fly in singleplayer first.  I was offended by this comment cuz I consider myself to be a decent pilot.  I died once...so what, the other guy got the best of me.  I can still fly and manuever a chopper pretty damn well so this guy can suck my cockles.  This guy continued to ridicule to ridicule me so I Tk'ed him a few times.  I got kicked...changed my player name to his name (sgt.boom.boom), rejoined the server and pissed the guy off a little more.

Yes, many people may hate me for this, but this guy was a cocky bitch who thought he was the best thing ever to play BF Vietnam.  He also laughed(lol) at his own dumb jokes he typed in, such a loser.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard