Poll

Which map would be cooler for EA to release?

Blockade at Mogadishu46%46% - 42
Defence of Gibraltar53%53% - 49
Total: 91
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Blockade at Mogadishu
Story: One year after Muslim leaders took control of the African nation of Somalia, the MEC developed a base of operations in Mogadishu for easy access to the Red Sea. The USMC has been deployed to the capital city of Mogadishu in order to disable the MEC control of Somalia. The old war torn streets provide perfect cover for the MEC. This second battle for Mogadishu will prove to be far bloodier than the conflict in 1993. (i changed the date)

Defence of Gibraltar
Story: In an attempt to take control of Europe, the MEC have  begun to mobilize in to Morracco. They plan to cross the Straight of Gibraltar into Spain to begin their invasion. The Spanish coast guard spotted MEC activaty across the straight and have informed the EU. EU forces have been sent across the straight to stop the MEC in a surprise attack. The EU must land on the beaches of Morracco and stop the 3rd Infantry of the MEC from making it to Spain.
(EU have carrier)

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-12 12:16:38)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6686|Colorado
both!
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6740|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Defense of Gibralter will turn into another wake island if they only get the carrier to spawn at

Last edited by HeadShotAK47 (2006-06-10 22:18:07)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Well, not really. There would be no planes....maybe only in 64 size. On the carrier there would be only: 1 Tiger HAP, 2 Sea Hawks, 4 RIBs. The MEC would have the same equivlent. There would be all land vehicles except mobile AA. The map would be most like Gulf of Oman.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-10 22:24:27)

DarkZealot89
Wait A Minute!
+46|6561|Louisville, Ky
EU with a carrier? FTW!
BVC
+325|6709
I'd like to see Iwo Jima 2007

Seriously...
Defiance
+438|6684

Null vote. I don't like the prospect of another city mec map, and I never do well on EU. It's a curse I tell you!
Riot77
Banned
+20|6742|camping your spawn
none of them, it'd be nice to see what your stupid ideas look like... cant make a judgement just because of the name. noob.
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6760|Minnesota, USA
uh, that was rather rude riot77

on a much brighter note, I think both maps sound like good ideas.
Chao2
+8|6728|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Wow I'd love both maps But I'll give it to gibralter, need more maps with the EU involved and a no jet carrier map would be interesting.
A7ESf
+1|6632|Houston, TX

Pubic wrote:

I'd like to see Iwo Jima 2007

Seriously...
Now thats what I'm talking about!

But as far as the two choices, Gibralter.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6711

The second one sounds like a camp fest...A carrier.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas

Cougar wrote:

Strike On Mogadishu
Mogadishu, built in the early 17th century, is the sister city of Karkand in Iran.  The streets, buildings and trees are exactly the same!!  One thing that sets them apart is that it is slightly less dusty and there are flys everywhere.  Also, the all new feature we like to call "hypodermic needle" adds a whole new dimension to the game.  Lay down in the wrong spot and you get AIDS.
You idea stealing whore.  I've got proof of concept ya know.  I'm shaking the crime stick at you.
homewestand
+3|6573|Coventry UK
I say both maps. the more maps the better the game will be. well thats what i think
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida
I thought the first conflict was in 1993.. I could be wrong tho.

I'd rather have a Chinese urban map or something like Guadalcanal 2007 or Midway Island 2007
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706

Cougar wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Strike On Mogadishu
Mogadishu, built in the early 17th century, is the sister city of Karkand in Iran.  The streets, buildings and trees are exactly the same!!  One thing that sets them apart is that it is slightly less dusty and there are flys everywhere.  Also, the all new feature we like to call "hypodermic needle" adds a whole new dimension to the game.  Lay down in the wrong spot and you get AIDS.
You idea stealing whore.  I've got proof of concept ya know.  I'm shaking the crime stick at you.
I did not steal your idea. My idea was serious, it does not include AIDS. I got 2 -karmas because ur a dipshit...no offence, you probally should expect to be called a dipshit from ur "funny" little posts. I still love you though .

Back on Topic:
So from the poll it seems that people like the Defense of Girbralter more. Since it is obvious that EA will NEVER make these, I think we should make it. I havn't got a clue on how to make a proper map, but if someone else out here wants to make it, by all means go ahead.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-11 10:30:49)

masterofflama
+19|6598|European Battlefield Command
gibraltar is better if you don't need to have euro forces. if you have to, then mogadishu
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
You wouldn't need Euro forces if it was a custom map, the EU data is already in the game, so u can put them in any map.
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6596
I voted for Mogadishu, because in my opinion, EU is slightly underplayed. That, and EA really need to start working on Vanilla. +1 because both ideas are good though.
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6577
They both sound great, but carriers commonly are spawn camped, and since it sounds like there are no land bases that could be a problem at the beginning of every round.  Also we don't have many city maps.  I would pick Blockade at Mogadishu.

Last edited by Delta_38DS (2006-06-11 10:36:18)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
OK, here is my idea for denfece of girbraltar:
https://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8135/defenceofgibraltar8yu.th.png
I did not include the vehicles because that is still undecided.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-11 11:11:59)

-r3-anubis
+73|6550|florida
If the EU go by boat then the MEC will just camp with MG's and Eryx's.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
no, the EU will get 3 helos too. 2 black hawks and a tiger HAP.

Think about it, do the MEC completley prevent the USMC from landing on Oman? no, it just takes tactics.
The map will be like 3/4 the width of Oman. Try to imagine a Mashtuur city with an ocean.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-11 11:34:35)

Kirokura
+26|6552|Sweden

DarkZealot89 wrote:

EU with a carrier? FTW!
UK, France and Spain all have Aircraft Carriers. Granted, only a few small ones each but they do got them.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6595|MANCHESTERRR
Gibraltar with the monkeys!! How sick would that be

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard