Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY
Ok, Im about to bring you through some "expedition" through the BF2 files to find all sorts of stuff.

Finding pictures
-----------------------
WARNING:If you need any of the pictures you find... You must COPY the picture to another location if you want to use it. Right click on the picture and click Copy and then go to another folder, right click, and finally hit Paste. If you don't and use it, or move the file itself out of the folder without copying it, you may screw the game up.

1.Lets start off with finding pictures of weapons and stuff. Go to the Battlefield 2 PROGRAM folder under EA.
C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield2/mods/bf2

2. Now, go into "Objects" folder -> "Weapons" -> "Handheld" and you'll be shown all different kinds of folders. In these folder you'll find "Info" folders. Go into the folders to find a face up picture of the item. You can find the pictures of the unlockable weapons as shown when you can select the unlock or the pictures of that weapon or thing face up.
NOTE:All weapons go to this folder, including the booster packs so lets say you install EuroForce after, you'll find the EU weapons here as well afterwards.
[img=http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2605/weaponicon2dt.png]

3.Go back out and into the bf2 mod folder again.

4. Go into the "levels" folder. It'll now show all the map names of folders.

5.This doesnt work for me, but when you go into the folders and go to "info" you'll find pictures such as "FavoriteMap.png" I dont know why, but for me I cant see what the picture is. Maybe it'll work for you.

NOTE:This next step requires Winzip or WinRar. Im using WinRAR, you can use Winzip too but I dont think that'll work the same way.

7.In the "Levels" folder. Click on the map folder you want to explore. Im going to do Dalian_Plant. Double click on client.zip. This should open WinRAR.

8.Click on Find. In find, next to the * in the Find table, type .png and hit OK. This should bring up map pictures. If you want to use the map picture, click on it in WinRAR and hit the button Extract To. Follow the extraction steps.
NOTE:This should COPY the picture to the folder you selected the extraction so dont worry about the file in the .zip file. It'll remain where it is.
NOTE2: Im not sure if this will happen to you but when you extract the picture to lets say your desktop. It'll be located in a folder called "GameModes". Don't know why this happens.
NOTE3: This should work in all Map Folders.
NOTE4: Again, lets say you install Euro Forces or Armored Fury, the map folders should be here too.
https://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2740/menumaplarge0vh.th.png

9.Go back to the bf2 folder and look for Objects_client.zip. Double click it opening WinRAR.

10. Click Find. After the * in the Find Table, type .jpg and then OK. This'll bring up renders of things such as the Radar in the game. If you want the pictures, highlight them or click on them and press Extract To.
NOTE:Lets say you extract to Desktop. Again, it'll be found in a new folder DynamicObjects.
https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8756/mobileradar27fc.th.jpg

11.In the bf2 folder, double click Menu_Client.zip. In WinRAR, click Find. Next to * type .png. This'll bring up all different .png files. For me, I cant see them. Maybe for you, but when you look at the names and the location of the files, you get an idea of what they may be.

12.I havent found any other files then this, but if you want, do a Search inside the bf2 folder for pictures. (NOT In WINRAR!!)

NOTE:I tried doing all of this in the xpack next to the bf2 folder but I havent found anything. xpack will only be there if you have Special Forces installed.

Find Sounds
--------------------
1.In bf2 folder, look for Common_client.zip. Double click to bring WinRAR up.

2. Now, there are different ways of doing this. The easy and organized way is clicking Sound folder in WinRAR. All the sounds will be listed under their respective folders. Like the Chinese sounds will be under Chinese folder. The other unorganized way is bly clicking on Find in WinRAR and next to the * type .ogg.

3.All these sound files are sounds you hear like bullets shooting, guns reloading, the commander or squad leader speaking, someone spotting an enemy, and everything you hear in the game! Now, I originally was looking for the cool sound of the new Armored Fury music which plays while you are loading a server. Go into Menu folder, then Music folder. There you should find the audio which when your team either wins or looses, or the music which plays while the server is loading.

4.The audio when the Armored Fury is loading is the one file called load_US_music.ogg. Click on it, or anything else you want, and click on Extract To.
NOTE:Lets say you extracted to Desktop. It'll be located in the Sound folder on the desktop.

NOTE:This'll be different from the sound because you dont need to copy and paste. All you have to do with the sound file you want is click on it then Extract To. If you want to preview any file in the zip file, you have to double click and the file will play.

NOTE2: If WMP or whatever you use cant play the audio file. Install any of these codecs below.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ - this lets some video and audio files play
http://packs.matroska.org/ (recommended)- this'll let you play all kinds of audio and video files such as .mkv (this includes ffdshow)

NOTE3:If, lets say, you use WMP as your defualt media player, click on the .ogg file you want to preview or want. It'll say .ogg is an unknown file extension. Click on "Play anyways" and it'll work as long as you have the codecs above installed.

Server Loading Music - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQHA1KPW

Custom BF2 Music
---------------------
Ok, I've tried it and its come out very successful and easy. Here's a couple of steps so you can use your own music in BF2!

CUSTOM SERVER LOADING MUSIC:

1.Go to C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2.

2.Right click on "common_client.zip" and click COPY. Go to your desktop or my documents, right click, PASTE. (this is a backup incase something goes wrong)

3. In the mods/bf2 folder, click on "common_client.zip" which should open WinRAR.

4.In WinRAR window with "common_client.zip" opened, go into Sound/Music/Menu. In there is the list of music played in BF2. I wanted it so the Armored Fury server music loads on EVERY server I want to join, not just Armored Fury.

(Next Steps are for doing the Armored Fury music which is an example. You can do this vis versa for the other server loading music such as the MEC music)

5. Hold down Ctrl and click on "load_MEC_music.ogg", "load_CU_music.ogg", and "load_US_music.ogg" (only with Armored Fury installed will load_US_music.ogg be there)

6. With those highlighted, click on EXTRACT TO in the upper bar and pick the Desktop. Minimize WinRAR for now.

7. On the desktop, go into the newly created folder Sound/Menu/Music. In there are the files wich you just coppied (extracted) out of the zip. Now, take the music files which you want to replace and move them directly onto the desktop. Take the music file you want, (in this case "loading_US_music.ogg") which should be the only file in the folder, and rename it by highlighting it then right clicking to RENAME.

8. I wanted to replace that stupid MEC music so I renamed the US music file to "loading_MEC_music.ogg".

9.Bring up WinRar with Common_client.zip still loaded and click on "loading_MEC_music.ogg" (IN THE ZIP FILE!!) and hit the Delete key. Now, with this gone, go back to the newly renamed file and drag and drop it directly into WinRAR. Click OK when a new screen comes up in WinRAR, specifing a new file being added into the archive. Wait, and then the file should appear.

10.Load up BF2, go to a server which has MEC playing such as Gulf of Oman, and join. While joining you should hear the Armored Fury music playing.

To do this with your own music, like lets say "Music file.mp3", download this program.
http://www.smartaudioconverter.com/?id=sacgg

With this, take "Music file.mp3" and convert it to Ogg Vorbis format. The file should come out "Music File.ogg". With the .ogg file, follow the previous steps but ranmed "music file.ogg" to "loading_MEC_music.ogg" and place it in the common_client.zip file. Load the server up and your favorite music should be playing!

CUSTOM MENU MUSIC:
Follow the steps as before, but don't take "loading_MEC_music.ogg" or "loading_CU_music.ogg". Take "menu_music.ogg" and replace it with your own music or server music.

I hope this isnt confusing. If soon, I'll make a video of it explain all of music stuff.

Last edited by Omega_Nemesis28 (2006-06-17 11:03:22)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6625|The Netherlands
and now? you wana have a baloon?
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6625|The Netherlands

Omega_Nemesis28 wrote:

2. Now, go into "Objects" folder -> "Weapons" -> "Handheld" and you'll be shown all different kinds of folders. In these folder you'll find "Info" folders. Go into the folders to find a face up picture of the item. You can find the pictures of the unlockable weapons as shown when you can select the unlock or the pictures of that weapon or thing face up.
NOTE:All weapons go to this folder, including the booster packs so lets say you install EuroForce after, you'll find the EU weapons here as well afterwards.
[img=http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2605/weaponicon2dt.png]
this you have after patch 1.2 if i remember right
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6618
is there a way to mod a vehicle in a ranked game such as painting a hummer pink? so you can cruise in a gay mobile?

Last edited by My_pet_squirrel (2006-06-08 11:56:34)

Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6645|I smell corners

niekjejeje wrote:

ROFL...which color of ballon do you want ?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
/me fails to see the point of this useless thread
masterofflama
+19|6582|European Battlefield Command
-1 guy for useless post. i will add you 1 if you tell me how does it help.
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY
..........There's more........ I just upadated the first post.

I figured if someone wants the pictures or audio, here's how.

Last edited by Omega_Nemesis28 (2006-06-08 12:19:09)

oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au
i was wondering about how i might get access to the pics, thanks.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6650

niekjejeje wrote:

Can... Can I have a balloon?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

niekjejeje wrote:

Can... Can I have a balloon?
no. i destroyed all the balloons w/ my katana
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6627|The Netherlands

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

is there a way to mod a vehicle in a ranked game such as painting a hummer pink? so you can cruise in a gay mobile?
you dont need a pink car to be gay,  and why is all that shit nessesary for ?  ^^
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY

oberst_enzian wrote:

i was wondering about how i might get access to the pics, thanks.
Not a problem,

and, wtf is with this balloon shit? Since when does a balloon have to do with BF2?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6818
They arn't standard png's, you need a special program to view them, forgot what type of images they are and to lazy to find out kbai
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

He took alot of time making this post and finding this shit, so he deserves alot more than a baloon, such as a cookie or something DOUBLE chocolate chip...heh...imma change the music...to LEEK SPIN
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6624|Britain and Damn proud of it!

PspRpg-7 wrote:

He took alot of time making this post and finding this shit, so he deserves alot more than a baloon, such as a cookie or something DOUBLE chocolate chip...heh...imma change the music...to LEEK SPIN
NO!! NO!! NOT.. NOT... LEEK SPIN!!!!!!  *Crawls into corner and starts rocking back and forth*
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I'll take that as a compliment.
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY
Guys, I added a new part! I tested and changed the music in BF2!! Go ahead and try it out!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter
how is this hacking?
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6627|NY
Well, not hacking in a "debug and change/mod that tank and make it fly with turbo jets", more of a "looking inside of the program/game" hacking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard