dont_be_ss
+312|6610|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
it's a one off event!
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6855|Cheshire, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

What is the difference between this and pistol&knife servers?
Possibly none. The intention was not for this event to be on a ranked server however and with more preparation will not be in the future.
Can you explain to me why they decided to disallow unlocks in unranked servers? Are they trying to kill all clan events?

I realise that this event wasn't to your liking but really, we weren't harming anyone and we had a good evening. Some good games were played. I don't think anyone would want to play like that all the time but fun little differences in how the game are played keep the community thriving. Again, not everyone's cup of tea but I had a good time. I hope to be able to organise more if the community (you guys) want me to.

Is there any kind of event that you would like to see hosted?
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.
Is there any kind of event that you would like to see hosted?
What about a game of wake airshow?
Alot of people have it and it's unranked,we could do either choppers only or planes only or both.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

I had a good time, but I was just wondering what the difference was since I see so much bitching about pistol&knife servers, yet not a word about this.

p.s.  I appreciate you organizing this
Palkkis
+1|6584|Finland
at least 1 difference is that knife/pistol servers have knife/pistol only 24/7. this event didnt
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6855|Cheshire, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

I had a good time, but I was just wondering what the difference was since I see so much bitching about pistol&knife servers, yet not a word about this.

p.s.  I appreciate you organizing this
Like I say, probably none. But as ss says, this was a 1 off and we had no intention of it being ranked. We didn't do it to get sniper badges (infact it was started by those with the top sniper accolades already snagged).
If we were to set up a sniper only server then that would be a bit lame, it shouldn't matter cos it's only stats but when stats are the only measure then they rule). Given that stats and awards do kinda matter then having servers that make some of them easier for some makes it less fair on the others.

Or something like that.

Glad you had fun though.
Choozen
+40|6701|Moscow, Russian Federation
Thx for organizing it. I had a lot of fun after karkand. Waiting for sniper competition 2.
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6709|Brunei Darussalam

duffry wrote:

Janis_Petke wrote:

I left after 2 rounds,too many non-snipers,tanks etc. Next time,password.
Don't get me wrong,i had a blast before that!
Bummer, that's when it got good.
Aawww crap! I knew it, Janis got screwed again. Well, just inform us when the SC2 is to be held and i will be there for sure!
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6725
god damnit.... I went to take a nap and..... fell asleep for like ever =/
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
<KoS>Dingo
+4|6547|Canada
During the competition people started using tanks and shit
=|DMZ|=ZULU
+4|6802|Birmingham, England
It will alwyas be the way that people start using the tanks etc. However, i would lke to say that we had quite a few admins on that were kicking n00b ass as soon as it was reported! We must have had some kind of record for kicks that night! Did any of you see someone using a kit which wasnt a sniper at the top of the leader board? I think not! They might have got about 10 points before they were found out and booted. I'm afraif next time (if the game isnt passworded - hopefully it will be) you guys will just have to accept that there are stupid people out there and just report the guys instead of whining and then leaving We did our best, and i fell we did a dmna good job to keep it as 'Sniper' as possible
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6803|Barrie Ontario
I was playing but when it went to Wake it said i needed right version.....that and my ping was in like the 130's. wouldve bin fun to play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard