PRiMACORD
+190|6596|Home of the Escalade Herds
It takes around 150 rounds from a F-35 to kill a tank, just tested it. Took around 30 to kill an APC.

It seems the A-10 gun is either weaker or the exact same strength as the normal bf2 fighter guns.

lol

I love flying the A-10 just because it's the A-10 but it's sad that EA just dragged and dropped stats over from normal BF2 to make the GAU-8.

On that note, more people need to play USI. The A-10 in that is better in every way despite maybe not looking as good.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6671|MoVal So-Cal
The A-10 in the Us Intervention mod is the picture perfect model of the plane....sad because i play that mod more then the actual game now, everyone should check it out
Jewbat
+8|6700
I am going to start playing it I believe. I found it in some guy's signature and started to install it.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
Someone give me a link to main page of US Intervention mod , please .
slidero
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
thx
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6804
USI A-10 owns all!
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6681|austria
what for? 10 rounds GAU to kill a tank? who the fuck wanna play in a tank than?  maybe think about balance..... or drop bombs better....or fly cobra... those "a10 is to weak" topics become boring....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
-MIKI3.
+70|6614|The Netherlands

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

USI A-10 owns all!
idd....that's why I think is sucks
doxy
+74|6761|Nevis

TeK||drake666 wrote:

what for? 10 rounds GAU to kill a tank? who the fuck wanna play in a tank than?  maybe think about balance..... or drop bombs better....or fly cobra... those "a10 is to weak" topics become boring....

first of all, isn't the A-10 meant to be a Tank killer?
besides, why u wanna drive a tank, i mean, it's a really HUGE target, not only for an A-10. one attack chopper crossing a tanks way will make the tanks day, same for a f-35B j-10 or now a a-10. it not dog fighting with tanks, they blow up, very simple

Last edited by doxy (2006-06-10 10:24:10)

drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6681|austria
yes and in real it has mavericks and hellfires under the wings .... the bf2 a10 is a slow bomber and i think it is well balanced and fits to the game :>
and i dont drive often a tank (50 hours out of 600) i like more to rape the shit out of them with my gunner in a mi28 !
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Cimlite
+1|6815|Sweden
I think the A-10 works pretty well in Armored Fury. It's just that they did not use the maingun for destroying tanks. It shreds everything else though, just spraying a flag that just turned usally gives you easy kills. That's what the maingun seems to be for

The bombs are what kills tanks. With the possability to drop 4 bombs on one target if you want to, it's very devastating on tanks. Especially armor collums.

Had it been "realistic" ít would just not have been fun to play on the ground, I for one prefer it this way, the A10 is still fun to play with.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6723
First off, the guns on the A-10, Su-25, and the China jet are *identical* to the guns on the JSF, F-18, etc. Why DICE did this, i have no idea. With any luck, maybe they will patch-fix it.

>< hellfires...just....no.

"In Real Life" the A-10 can carry about a dozen or more different weapons, and variants of those weapons. But as we all know, the aircraft in BF2 are not at all like real life.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen the A-10 with a gun that can take out a tank in 2-3 passes. After one pass, the tank would be messed up, and a bigger target for ground troops. It would have been *really* nice if they A-10 in game came with Mavericks and Rockeyes. total pwnage.

but

I think the rumored idea of having the same rockets as the helicopters, plus cluster bombs (think useless vs armor, but larger area of effect, and lethal vs infantry). It would be nice seeing aircraft be useful vs infantry (in case you havent noticed, unless bombs get lucky, or you are on a flag point, pilots are pretty useless against non-massed infantry).
Spookyboy
+5|6621
lol yeah i just got off USI been playing it for a 2 weeks now, and my AF.......bout 2 hours.

the USI ground attack jets take 2 solid passes to destroy a tank with just the gun. but both planes also carry the bombs like the f-15, and hellfire pods. and i think the a-10 in USI looks just as good as the AF one.

also when u F9 the view, instead of just the HUD, u have the GAU-8 at the bottom of the screen .

bit disappointed with the AF a-10. all the gun does is shake the plane lol the usi one makes a racket, smokes and slows the plane down (and pushes it backwards if ur sittin on the run way.
PRiMACORD

TeK||drake666 wrote:

Well do you play USI, obviously not. Lots of people drive tanks.

USI is balanced because it has tons of AA, even soldiers can carry stingers.

I drop bombs just fine, thanks.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6709|Pakistan/England

PRiMACORD wrote:

It takes around 150 rounds from a F-35 to kill a tank, just tested it. Took around 30 to kill an APC.

It seems the A-10 gun is either weaker or the exact same strength as the normal bf2 fighter guns.

lol

I love flying the A-10 just because it's the A-10 but it's sad that EA just dragged and dropped stats over from normal BF2 to make the GAU-8.

On that note, more people need to play USI. The A-10 in that is better in every way despite maybe not looking as good.
are you kiddin? the USI a-10 looks much much better than the AF one in my opinion
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6684|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
I got the mod, but I can't find any servers runnin it and the list that they had on their site didn't seem to work either... anyone got a new server list?
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6508|Search Whore killing fields
Can You Hear Me?
PRiMACORD

tahadar wrote:

are you kiddin? the USI a-10 looks much much better than the AF one in my opinion
It sounds much better but imo it doesn't look better. The only thing that looks cool about the A-10 in USI is the GAU-8 muzzle smoke. Funny how EA could miss a huge detail like that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard