Avarice
+41|6573|London, UK
Hi guys,

I heard around here that you can create game copies called "images" and I wanted to make one of BF2, BF2 SF & Football Manager 2006, if they work, I'll move onto my whole game collection.

Basically, I want it to be legal, working and free, so that I can keep playing my games. The reason I want to do this is because my disc drive has a habit of scratching my discs in a "magical" way - deeming them unplayable for three months and then work for three months before magically scratching them again.

The only problem I may have is my bf2/sf games are DVD's, any problem or not?

So, any help is appreciated, or even if you've got a Siemens Fujitsu Scaleo-P and wanna tell me your experiences, thanks in advance.

From Avarice
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6566|Illinois
Never tried copying BF2 but I have many other games. Download Alcohol 120% and make an iso
Avarice
+41|6573|London, UK
How, where? I need all the itty gritty details
rootbeer73
+24|6585|in a small dark place
Me Too
ValentijnR
+18|6554
a new dvd drive is like 20 bucks? better solution of you ask me
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6713|Norway

ValentijnR wrote:

a new dvd drive is like 20 bucks? better solution of you ask me
No it isn't..

This isn't just games, creating back-ups (or in this case keeping the DVD as a scratch-free backup) is something everyone should do..

Besides you shave off on loading time since no DVD has to be read
I have just reformatted my drive, so I havn't done it, but you'll find plenty of rescources on teh web on how to create images and how to mount images in the various programs like daemon tools and alcohol..

Google is your friend
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Get Alcohol 120%

There is a wizard with that guiding you though what to do to make the image, and you will also need it to make the virtual drives.

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

You could get the other one, alcohol 52% but I havent used that so I don't know.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Avarice
+41|6573|London, UK
I still have no clue LOL.

So I download this Alcohol 120% thing and it'll guide me through it? Will EA spank my ass?
Avarice
+41|6573|London, UK
*subtle bump*
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6566|Illinois
EA can't do anything, its legal to have a backup copy of all software you own. Just don't distribute it to friends or sell copies. If you do that they can get your ass in a full nelson, but probably won't.

Last edited by ShEpArD_oF_rOt (2006-06-11 03:20:13)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
buy a new drive? fuck that. when you can get 32 drives for free with 120% 
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6736|Israel

the_heart_attack wrote:

buy a new drive? fuck that. when you can get 32 drives for free with 120% 
lol
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6626|Britain and Damn proud of it!

Avarice wrote:

I still have no clue LOL.

So I download this Alcohol 120% thing and it'll guide me through it? Will EA spank my ass?
No it's perfectly legal to create image copies of your discs if your the original owner, its when you go selling copies of the game they are gunna get pissed..

You could always get a programs such as:
Game Jackal

or DAEMON Tools v4.0

You could get a No-CD Crack but i'm unsure if it would work with a DVD so i surggest you make a back-up of the original .EXE for things such as this i use Gamecopyworld.com  <--- i'm unsure if this is allowed here so Mods delete if appropiate. As far as im concerned its fine just as long Your the owner but some people use it for less honest means...
Avarice
+41|6573|London, UK
ok, but I'll go back to the original question lol

How do i create a working disc copy? (DVD, possible written onto many CD's)

Please PM me the answer because my  computer access is restricted (I'm quite ill atm ) and I might lose track of the topic, thanks.

Avarice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard