Drexor
+33|6604|Denmark
i would like some more maps for BF2, made By EA. maps that can be played as ranked servers and are approved by EA.

in the last couple of months I've been looking at some different maps that some dudes have tried to put together ( nice job guys) but the maps just still needs that curtain something to make it complete.

please let me know what you think about this. so that i can see if I'm the only one who misses a new BF2 map similar to Karkand, Dalian, Peninsula or Masthur.

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6761|AUS, Canberra
they are called expansion and booster packs.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6618|The Netherlands
Lol
Drexor
+33|6604|Denmark
but why make boosters and expansions that we need to pay for.

why cant they make some new maps that they give us in the updates... why do we have to pay for everything new they make. ( i know that they need to pay their employees) but isn't it about time that to main game of BF2 gets some more maps instead of just creating new games that we need to pay for???
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6724|California
It's EA. There's a reason why it's nicknamed the evil empire of the gaming world.

Last edited by Kurse (2006-06-04 07:41:47)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6618|The Netherlands

Drexor wrote:

whe have wake 2007 that one was in a patch
Drexor
+33|6604|Denmark
yes niekjejeje you are right.

but I'm not talking about maps that have been made, but maps that could be made.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6838|"Frisco"

Drexor wrote:

Uhm, so who's going to pay for the salaries of the mapper who spends 3 weeks making the map? Who's going to pay for the PETAbytes of downloads the EA has to supply to distribute the patch? Who pays for all the testers who make sure the map plays right and eliminate bugs (usually not all, as we know.)

$10-$20 for a booster -- I'm fine with that. If you're not, get a job. Even McDonalds can pay enough for that.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality
What about maps from mods? DC for example. Maps just need to be ported, no? No idea what this takes to do, so I may be talking out of my ass.

El Alemein
Gazala

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Drexor
+33|6604|Denmark
I'm happy that some people would share their opinion with me.

but chuyskywalker why the hell are you being so hostile against my thoughts..... i was just asking and you start breaking balls.... Jesus man
The#1Spot
+105|6530|byah
well since they effed up this patch i think they should give us a map
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6533|My head

#1Spot wrote:

well since they effed up this patch i think they should give us a map
you think too much dude, its just a game

lolz
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6667
They need to make snow levels with snow camoflauge.
Bwspecial
+2|6813
They need to add more Bf42 maps and Vietnam maps. Hastings,Flaming Dart, and pay of some of the mods to port over some of their best maps. Hell you wouldn't even have to pay them it would be free advertising for their mods to have their maps be on ranked servers.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6634|Cumberland, MD, USA
I'd hit Hasting, but probably not Flaming Dart; too much air, but then again I was a F-4 Phantom whore back in the days. Ahhh, the memories, napalm and stingers, Ahhh! I'd really like to see Quang Tri 1972 though. City maps FTW!

I'd like to see Berlin, Battleaxe, and Omaha back though. Damn that'd be awesome!

Last edited by InviSniper (2006-06-06 20:38:38)

Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6749|Vienna, Austria
I think 10€/$ isn't too much asked for the Booster packs if you consider the work time and testing and stuff... cause you know they have to be tested for all kinds of things... + you have the Stas servers and other things that need to be maintained... otherwise you'd probably have to pay monthly like in World of Gaycraft.
And see it that way... how much do you pay when you go to the cinema and how many hours does it last? A Booster pack usually gets you much more hours of fun than a movie at the cinema...

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-06-07 11:26:24)

SwordFish95
+1|6837|RWC, CA, USA
Wrong forum.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6811|Belgium

SwordFish95 wrote:

Wrong forum.
Quacki
+9|6722
It is called customer friendly.
We play ye ol'e maps for almost one year now. EA killed alternate ranking systems with the new patch, so we cannot get our beloved stats on unoffical maps and mods now. So for the ranking there are only offical maps, but (newsflash) they get boring. At least one of the tested fanmade maps for every major patch! And not only tanking and planewhoring maps only like in the booster packs! I like my stats, and I would like to have versatile gameplay. But you can get only one ...
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6610|Manitowoc, WI
search these forums for Road to Jalalabad.  We may be getting a new map and a new patch (its a long thread but read the it all because it is very interesting, dont just go by the title)
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6734|Malaga, España
I wouldnt be happy with new maps

I would see the game getting fixed in place of some dumb thought of features.
Fix it! thats what i want
r0oki3
+13|6538

Drexor wrote:

I'm happy that some people would share their opinion with me.

but chuyskywalker why the hell are you being so hostile against my thoughts..... i was just asking and you start breaking balls.... Jesus man
He maybe gets pissed off having to point out the obvious.
Could you really not see the answer for yourself ?
I dont work for free...........
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6521|Boston, MA
I think it would be a good idea. What we need is another map that is mainly based for infantry such as Strike at Karkand and Mashtuur City to a degree. Mainly something with out air vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I like driving tanks and flying jets/helicopters just like the next guy, but most of the time I think it's just more fun to run around on foot and take people out one by one while going after command posts.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6743
PFF!! BAH! LUDICROUS!!

Why are people asking for more maps?!??!

The only maps that get played anyhow is Karkand, Sharqi, Oman, and Wake. Perhaps if more people actually played the other *8* maps, DICE (not EA) might feel compelled to release a few. If you dont belive me, look at 90% of peoples stats - they have twice as much time in Karkand, Sharqi, Oman, and Wake then they do the other 8 maps put together.

Think about it: you make 12 maps, people play 4 of them. All the effort you put into the other 8 maps was wasted...and then they ask you for more maps?!?

Besides, we all know if they came out with anything but a city map, there would be people all like "OMG ITS NOT COUNTERSTRIKE THERE ARE JETS THAT CAN KILL ME DED"...so basically, people are wanting a Karkand  clone. Screw that, I hate Karkand enough as it is.

I say more playing the maps that we have, less begging for more karkand clones.
[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6772|Your six is my twelve

chuyskywalker wrote:

Drexor wrote:

Uhm, so who's going to pay for the salaries of the mapper who spends 3 weeks making the map? Who's going to pay for the PETAbytes of downloads the EA has to supply to distribute the patch? Who pays for all the testers who make sure the map plays right and eliminate bugs (usually not all, as we know.)

$10-$20 for a booster -- I'm fine with that. If you're not, get a job. Even McDonalds can pay enough for that.
3 weeks.. LMAO making a simple 16 player map took me about 3 hours with the editor.. drag and drop buildings in, paint the terrain as rock, grass, whatever, pick a sky from one of the other maps, drag and drop spawn points, drag and drop vehicle spawn points, drag and drop heli pads.. and you're done.  That was the first map I made, after you get a knowledge of where all the stuff is it would take a lot less time.

P.S. Left click on terrain to make it higher, right click on terrain to make it lower. BF2 editor is the bomb.

If it takes experienced programmer'S' (why would making a few maps take more then 4 of 5?) 3 weeks to make a map, than those programmers are chimpanzees trying to write code in "sign."

The only thing that should take them more than a day would be using g-max or a fancy program to make new vehicles, which i'll admit is a bit difficult.  But they don't need to make new vehicles to make new maps.

Last edited by [PHPR]-SpecialOps (2006-06-11 18:06:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard