Chazflyz
+1|6880
Anyone pre-order/planning on getting an Xbox 360?     

Unforunately, I ordered mine late so I will miss the first shipment.  Looking forward to Tiger Woods, Madden, FIFA, PGR 3. 

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox … erplay.htm

Processing Powerhouse
The custom-designed Xbox 360 central processing unit (CPU) runs at a breakneck speed, thanks to its three separate core processors that clock in at 3.2 GHz each.

Xbox 360 boasts a custom ATI graphics processor that clocks in at a blistering 500 MHz. If you want to get even more technical (and who doesn't?) Xbox 360 can take advantage of more than four times as many polygons as the original Xbox® console, and more than four times (seeing a pattern here?) the number of pixels per second.

The 512 MB of RAM in Xbox 360 is eight times more powerful than the original Xbox, in terms of simple arithmetic. The system RAM gives developers a unified memory architecture. Game creators decide how to partition it, and all of the hardware components (like the CPU and GPU) can access the memory.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6832|Canberra, Australia
I will get one eventually.  But not when it comes out straight away.

My current Xbox I use primarily for a Home Entertainment system now it is Modded.  I use it for Xbox Media Centre for playing movies and TV shows...
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6804|Cambridge (UK)

Chazflyz wrote:

Processing Powerhouse
The custom-designed Xbox 360 central processing unit (CPU) runs at a breakneck speed, thanks to its three separate core processors that clock in at 3.2 GHz each.

Xbox 360 boasts a custom ATI graphics processor that clocks in at a blistering 500 MHz. If you want to get even more technical (and who doesn't?) Xbox 360 can take advantage of more than four times as many polygons as the original Xbox® console, and more than four times (seeing a pattern here?) the number of pixels per second.
I take it this Microsoft Marketing guff - just how is the statement "more than four times as many polygons" "even more technical" than "three separate core processors that clock in at 3.2 GHz each"?
Chazflyz
+1|6880
To me it's all technical mumbo jumbo.   

Actually, having played demos at my local Best Buy, graphics and gameplay (i.e. Call of Duty 2) are pretty much on par with current PC games.  Check out trailers/gamefootage of xbox360 games.  It's definitely the real deal when it comes to the power of this console.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6882|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm a Play Station supporter just cuz I like the selection of games much more.

So I'm looking forward to the PS3.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BladeRunner
+5|6787|UK
Looking at the numbers the PS3 will have more power... Thing is, it'll probably just means that you'll still be playing the same tired old titles you were before, but with prettier graphics.
The world of consoles has got better-looking than the days of the Atari 2600, but the variety is falling out of the game industry. Innovation takes a back seat to 'safe money makers' like FPS and driving games.

Let's face it...BF2 is just a re-hash of an old game (we are essentially playing an uber-Castle Wolfenstein). I know it rocks, but it's nothing new.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-07 03:44:47)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

BladeRunner wrote:

Looking at the numbers the PS3 will have more power... Thing is, it'll probably just means that you'll still be playing the same tired old titles you were before, but with prettier graphics.
The world of consoles has got better-looking than the days of the Atari 2600, but the variety is falling out of the game industry. Innovation takes a back seat to 'safe money makers' like FPS and driving games.

Let's face it...BF2 is just a re-hash of an old game (we are essentially playing an uber-Castle Wolfenstein). I know it rocks, but it's nothing new.
Yes Console games are basically the same because of the limited control functions. They had to come up with controls with first 4 buttons A through D and then added the X, Y and then the X2, Y2 and now they have trigger buttons and two separate control pads... I mean come on. All they are doing is trying to get a keyboard in front of the user without putting an actual keyboard there. It shows that the Computer will alway be the ultimate gaming machine.

As for innovation, I will have to agree that many games are simply rehashed older games with better graphics and more vibrant sound. However we did improve on the actual concepts over the last 10 years. I mean in the FPS world we have better physics engines, we added vehicles to get into and out of, we added zoom features and extra secondary features in guns and items, we have improved online communication by leeps and bounds and also now new things like Squad communication, orders etc. I think even though the FPS will always have the basic concepts of FPS, they are trying very hard to make it more emersive.

Only a matter of time before we can throw on the goggles and wear the gloves and with a wireless featured zone area we actually interact with the virtual world in the real world. There are already arcade games out there that you have to actually duck and dodge in order for the character on the screen to do the same. It would definitly make the younger generation more fitness minded. Of course DDR can be thanked for that by some.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6820|The Hague, Holland
Ive been fan of Nintendo since the day I first started gaming (Plain old Nintendo with some ol lame ass Mario game). I got the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Some gameboys but I wont buy Nintendo revolution.. Nintendo has mostly been producing kiddy games =/. However I am looking forward to the new Legend of Zelda game (uber Zelda fan). Goddamnit I whant to play Halo3...
BladeRunner
+5|6787|UK

kilroy0097 wrote:

Only a matter of time before we can throw on the goggles and wear the gloves and with a wireless featured zone area we actually interact with the virtual world in the real world. There are already arcade games out there that you have to actually duck and dodge in order for the character on the screen to do the same. It would definitly make the younger generation more fitness minded. Of course DDR can be thanked for that by some.
That'll change everything...TK Punishes causing 140 volts down the cyber-cod-piece...thnk twice before shooting.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-08 13:21:50)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

BladeRunner wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

That'll change everything...TK Punishes causing 140 volts down the cyber-cod-piece...thnk twice before shooting.
You mention interactive cod pieces and you will get the virtual sex gamer arroused. The Japanese would be all over that in Hentai Games.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5275|Cleveland, Ohio
ps3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard