Bleh
+4|6629
yeah, i feel sorry for him... i really do.

he's no different to any other KaP server player. (besides his rank)
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center
Yeah, it's shitty that he got reset.  But just because he put 1000 hours into the game makes him exempt from the RoE?  If that's the case, where do you draw the line?  What rules are all right to break and which ones aren't?  How many hours do I have to put in before I'm exempt from the rules too?

This isn't the first time someone in the top10 has been wiped.  EA did the right thing by making an example of people who pad their way to the top.  It's not EA's fault that people don't learn and decide to not follow the rules.  Hell, Raxor got reset for throwing grappling hooks and firing ziplines.  He wasn't even gaining points from it, but he got reset anyway.  I never heard an actual answer as to why Vengeance got reset.  I hear rumors that he padded but I saw no actual evidence of it.  Kain WAS playing on knife and pistol servers.  He WAS a medic and revived/healed everyone he could on those servers.  I fail to see what the argument is.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6635|Wigan. Manchester. England.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

He's been playing on pistol and knife servers for the past two months as a medic.  How do you think he got so many points so quickly?
you are wrong. very wrong. ive been playin with kain these past few days and not once has he gone on a K&P server.

clearin it up.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

scottomus0 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

He's been playing on pistol and knife servers for the past two months as a medic.  How do you think he got so many points so quickly?
you are wrong. very wrong. ive been playin with kain these past few days and not once has he gone on a K&P server.

clearin it up.
OK, so the past few days he hasn't been.  I've personally seen him on there at least five times in the past few weeks alone.  Every time he's been getting points too, so it's not like he's on there just trying to report them.  Also, I didn't say he was playing on them exclusively.  <sarcasm>Of course, it's probably safe to assume you know every single server he plays on, so if you say he's legit, then I'll believe you. </sarcasm>
tF-afrojap
+124|6845|SF

scottomus0 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

clearin it up.
The past few days != The past two months.
I like your logic though, if he's legit when I play with him, he must be clean!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

Lol. I SAW HIM PLAY HE'S CLEAN.

Right.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
No disrespect, but when you look at people's stats and the only badges that they've got expert in just happens to be knife, pistol and explosive ordnance... well, you see what conclusion you come to.

Doc
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6538|GREAT Britain
restting people is lamer than padding, 2 wrongs dont make a right
tF-afrojap
+124|6845|SF
looks like we'll be seeing that crazy japanese man as top for a while.. go japs! ^___^;;
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

...but one wrong does?

Look, EA is doing their job.  It's Kain's own stupid fault he got reset.  There's no difference between him and anyone else who got reset.  He padded.  He broke the rules.  It was his decision to do so.  He knew the potential consequences.  Like I said, yeah, I agree that it sucks, and yeah, I feel sympathetic for him, but there's a huge difference between sympathy and empathy.  He got what he had coming.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
What he said! ^^^

Believe me, I'd love to have an impressive stat line, and when I do it'll be from playing the game. Okay, it'll take me a long time, and I'll probably have crap ratios, but I'll have enjoyed getting it and be safe int he knowledge that nobody's gonna look at my stats, say "This guys a cheating nob head!" and then wipe me back to 0.

Doc
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6538|GREAT Britain

ThomasMorgan wrote:

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

...but one wrong does?

Look, EA is doing their job.  It's Kain's own stupid fault he got reset.  There's no difference between him and anyone else who got reset.  He padded.  He broke the rules.  It was his decision to do so.  He knew the potential consequences.  Like I said, yeah, I agree that it sucks, and yeah, I feel sympathetic for him, but there's a huge difference between sympathy and empathy.  He got what he had coming.
ea's job should be to code it so u cant do that shit in the first place, not make up some bullshit roe hardly anyone knows about, then go exterminating people
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

...but one wrong does?

ea's job should be to code it so u cant do that shit in the first place, not make up some bullshit roe hardly anyone knows about, then go exterminating people
DICE's job is to code it.  EA publishes, markets, and watches over it since they have more people and resources (read: money) to do so.

All games have RoEs.  When you first install BF2 it asks you if you've read over this one.  You can't procede with the installation until you acknowledge that you have done so.  Like everyone else, Kain clicked "Yes, I have read and understand the Rules of Engagement."  He knew the possible consequences of his actions and if he didn't then he blatantly lied to EA.

That's the other thing...all these top ranked people know what they're doing.  It's not like they're little kids who don't know any better.  None of them can plead ignorance on this, no matter the case.  He broke the rules, he got punished for it.  Simple as that.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6650

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

...but one wrong does?

Eric...you sound like a person whole steals something and blaims the person you stole it from because they didn't do a better job of preventing you from stealing it in the first place...what the hell kind of logic is that (EA/DICE should code it to prevent problems)....everyone that unlawfully exploits loopholes is not to blame...are you daft man!!

Seriously man, you cannot honestly believe what you are saying...seriously...

Last edited by Cheddarmuff (2006-06-09 04:15:57)

LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6580
Why would he be reset for something he did 3 months ago? Still why would he be that fucking STUPID to play on K&P servers when he wants to be the best. Now hes the worst.
=TBG=Zoton
my mum says i'm cool
+22|6652|Australia
sorry about the cliche but its like rubbing salt into the wounds!!! he was 200-300 points away from first place and it is only now that EA reset his stats. if he has been on knife and pistol servers for the last 2 months then they should have reset them ages ago instead of getting his hopes up when he was that close to 1st place and doing it then

i definately understand what he did is wrong and that whoever does it should be punished accordingly but i seriously feel sorry for him when he was that close
Frytrixa
+10|6624|Germany
Resetting without warnings is shitty!!
Sure you pump up your score while playing on K&P Servers, but I would close the Server, not the people who are playing on it.

Resetting Kain isnt his fault, nowhere stands that playing on K&P Servers is not allowed o0
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Frytrixa wrote:

Resetting without warnings is shitty!!
Sure you pump up your score while playing on K&P Servers, but I would close the Server, not the people who are playing on it.

Resetting Kain isnt his fault, nowhere stands that playing on K&P Servers is not allowed o0
Read the RoE.  It specifically states that playing on Knife and Pistol only servers is against the rules.

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:
    * § Knife-Pistol only Servers
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6735|yorkshire penisula
owned LOL
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6765|Canader , eh?
wow...that sucks..before i said that i had shock-paddle killed the 2nd best player in the world.... twice..now i cant...awww..tht sucks monkey cock
0akleaves
+183|6611|Newcastle UK
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6579|Melbourne, Australia.
How would you feel...
Drohnensplitter
+0|6530
I got my reset some days ago but not with 2500 hours. This is too hard to think about. Suicide wouldnt be a surprise.....
imik2
+1|6530
i have a question when u play in pistol/knife only server only an hour does then EA close ur stats
Drohnensplitter
+0|6530
Sure! They do. But first they need nome evidences ;-)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard