Jewbat
+8|6749
No, no, no. The A-10 is absolutely amazing for planes in general. Now if you're comparing it to it's real life equivilent, then yes. It sucks.

But for BF2/EA planes, it rocks. It bombs like a 10 ton bomb, and it's cannons rip through light armor and infantry alike. Just gotta know how to use it.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6766|The United Center
It has double miniguns that are incredibly accurate.  There are no rockets, but I much prefer the miniguns to rockets anyway.  It's insanely easy to take out attack choppers with it, along with any ground infantry, boats, and transport vehicles.

One person can sit on each one of the skids.  If they're engineers they can repair the bird while airborne and can drop mines out.  I like to fly as support with two engys on the side for repairs.  Then, if there's a tank or AA, they can drop mines and I resupply them.

Honestly, the Little Bird alone was worth my $10.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6709|The Netherlands
Yet planes like the J-10 have already got a very good cannon with their Vulcan. I have had no problem at all killing jeeps and infantry with that thing. Is the A-10 cannon much better than? IRL ofcourse it's unbelievably strong, but in game, since you can't kill armor with it . And the bombs, I read somewhere an A-10 has got 4 bombs where a J-10 has got 2? I mean, are they the same bombs? And can you drop them one by one? Because in a J-10 you 80% of the time drop them simeltaniously, I still haven't figured out how to drop only one . But tell me, which do you prefer, the J-10 or A-10?

Wow that Little Bird sounds awesome, yeah I'd prefer a good minigun over rocket's as well. I mostly hit nothing but ground with those Cobra rockets. Too bad you need to buy AF to just fly it...

Last edited by =TH=[Eleanor]-NL- (2006-06-09 01:35:58)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
I prefer the J-10 over the A-10 just because of it's ability to avoid missiles.  The thing is seriously covered in grease, and then dipped in butter, and then frozen and covered in a layer of super slick ice.

You can drop one bomb at a time by only picking up one bomb when you go to rearm.  From then on out, you'll drop only one bomb at a time.

And yes, they are the same bombs.  You get two sets of two.  They're quite devastating when used correctly.
Jewbat
+8|6749

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Yet planes like the J-10 have already got a very good cannon with their Vulcan. I have had no problem at all killing jeeps and infantry with that thing. Is the A-10 cannon much better than? IRL ofcourse it's unbelievably strong, but in game, since you can't kill armor with it . And the bombs, I read somewhere an A-10 has got 4 bombs where a J-10 has got 2? I mean, are they the same bombs? And can you drop them one by one? Because in a J-10 you 80% of the time drop them simeltaniously, I still haven't figured out how to drop only one . But tell me, which do you prefer, the J-10 or A-10?

Wow that Little Bird sounds awesome, yeah I'd prefer a good minigun over rocket's as well. I mostly hit nothing but ground with those Cobra rockets. Too bad you need to buy AF to just fly it...
No. The A-10 bombs are about 10x stronger. They're god awfully strong. Their blast radius is enormous. So no, Thomas, the bombsa are not the same. I know this because the blast radius on the J-10 bombs are nice, but these are rediculous.

The cannon rips apart jeeps. It fires faster with probably the same, if not more power than the J-10.

Last edited by Jewbat (2006-06-09 01:39:12)

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6709|The Netherlands
But I mean, can you drop one bomb to still have one or three left? Because in the J-10 or similar airplane I mostly drop 2 bombs at the same time, but sometimes I drop one and have one left...
Jewbat
+8|6749
No, you drop 2 sets of 2. But you wouldn't need it any otherway. The bombs drop from the wings so they aren't as accurate, but their power makes up for this. 2 bombs can seriously damage or destroy a tank. Four can easily destroy it, vehiciles and clear an entire area of infantry.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

But I mean, can you drop one bomb to still have one or three left? Because in the J-10 or similar airplane I mostly drop 2 bombs at the same time, but sometimes I drop one and have one left...
You can drop one bomb at a time by only picking up one bomb when you go to rearm.  From then on out, you'll drop only one bomb at a time.
Also, I'm about 99% sure the bombs are identical to the ones dropped by the F35, F18, J10, and MiG.  They're the BF2 equivalent of 2000lb bombs.  You just get four of them now instead of two.
Jewbat
+8|6749
I thought the same too. But I've seen them been dropped four times the distance away from targets and do the same, if not more damage and seriously damage and/or kill tanks, light armor, cars, and infantry. So I know it's not true.
kaptainflam
+2|6733

James-m wrote:

Does anyone notice, say, your in an abrams right on operation harvest, you see a speeding BTR-90 trying to evade your cannon, you shoot and you actually hit it maybe 2 or 3 times, and it does no damage? i dont understand. I was playing it yesterday and it took 5 shells do blow the damn thing up and even when i did the little git still got out and put a sraw in me. Does it have to be specific spots you hit it in to do any damage?
Ive never had a problem with this before....... 2 Shots on Karkand and that BTR is dead.
Id appreciate any comments

Oh and tah for the karma points

Ill +1 you if you seem to know anything about this topic
Hello,
same kind of problem yesterday on operation harvest as well (60ms ping steady) ... I was on a US tank on the road beside a supply crate. 30 feets away a MEC tank, not moving, a little bit above me in the field, I shot 3 times in the tracks and I saw the shields passing over the tank ! I never saw that before... Like if the hitbox was shifted with the model of the tank...
Anyway much fun with AF.!!! ;-)
Cheers. KF.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
I've had this glitch many times, with me or others. However, this is the first time I've paid any attention to it - its one of those glitches everyone knows is there, but no one bothers to talk about.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
James-m
+28|6568|England
atleast im not the only facing difficulties hitting targets lol
TF501|Slee
+18|6589|Michigan
Chiming in late, but yes, I've noticed this problem too.  Also in Operation Harvest it took me 5 shots from a tank to kill another tank on several occasions.  It also seems to be pretty consistent that it's taking 3-4 shots to kill a moving APC (again, from a tank).  Certainly changes your tactics when your armor is down by 2/3 and you're planning to stick in the tank and "go for the killing shot."
capitan hoff
+4|6658
The little bird has a mini gun and can carry two people hanging out the side very manuvreable and heaps of fun to fly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard