Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6782

EA will nerf whatever is too easy to use and is too powerful. The unfair advantage maker.

Now this may seem pretty obvious at first but too many people are saying that EA should nerf something or they shouldn't have nerfed something else.

EA nerfing the Grenade Launcher; That was a good choice. It was too easy to get a one hit kill versus any weapon at close range. Even the DAO-12, which is a very good competitor at close ranges although it does have other advesaries, not to mention it's disability at long range. If the DAO-12 could hit targets more than 10 meters away, then EA would have nerfed it too. The Grenade Launcher really had no weakness except for the possibility of a suicide, which in most players' mind, is not a big deal. So EA nerfed it.

EA gave the PKM superpowers in 1.2. They thought it wasn't accurate enough and they were right. A main reason Support was one of the lesser played kits was because of the inability to engage targets at a long range. They gave Engineers (who previously also had a disadvantage at long ranges) the MP7, while the AntiTankers could choose between a decent SMG or use their rockets. The Support players however were still at a disadvantage so EA comes in with their balancing logic and increases the accuracy. A bit too much. So EA nerfs the PKM a bit after they realize that it was too powerful. Now it's at a relatively good balance.

EA nerfed the Blackhawk Gatling guns. Too easy to use. Not only did it reward the gunner using it to wipe out hundreds of enemies, but it also rewarded the pilot and the other passengers. Unlimited ammunition, powerful bullets, a relatively good deviation, and low temperature rates made it so powerful... that at any given time of day, on at least 20 servers, there was a Blackhawk in each of them, self-repairing, owning away, and whoring tons of points at it.

Now to those whining that certain things should be nerfed that aren't being nerfed. A good example would be if EA made the A-10 have a killer cannon to take down tanks in a single strafing pass. Yes, that'd be tremendously dangerous and super-powerful... but it still wouldn't be easy. Right now, how many players can shoot a tank with a J-10? Not many. Powerful, yes. Easy to use, no. EA wouldn't nerf it because it takes some skill and a lot of practice to actually make people get pissed at the pilot.

Similarily, the EA hasn't nerfed TV missiles. They are very powerful, indeed they are. Single hit kills on any vehicle. But are they easy to use? Not exactly. Yes, they are easier than other things, but it also requires a certain amount of cooperation between pilot and gunner. Even just guiding a missile can be challenging enough to some people. That's why you shout and gloat in your pride when you shoot down a plane or another chopper with your TV missile. Because it's not that easy. You don't gloat in pride when you have a claymore kill, because that's easy.

Same for Laser Guided Missiles. They're even harder than TV missiles because of the angle of view you're given and the speed of your aircraft. They're even stronger though. They are the absolute strongest weapon in the game, yet EA doesn't nerf them because not everyone can guide them to hit targets. Everyone can bunny hop and use the grenade launcher. Along comes EA to nerf that.

So anyway point is, EA isn't going to nerf something just because you got killed by it. Whatever killed you took the user practice and skill. If you get raped by it over and over again by hundreds of different players of variating ranks, then yes, perhaps it is too easy to use and overpowered, so EA will nerf it.

Just my 75 Satang. (2 cents in Thai currency)
Jewbat
+8|6748
Glad I popped in and read all of this. It is true in many ways is it true, yet it won't matter because you forget, EA cares nothing about it's fans that actually have a mind of their own.

If you ever saw Finding Nemo by Disney, you'd know those little birds that say "Mine, mine, mine" in alot of ways, resemble the general populace that whine about a certain weapon or a certain tactic. Granted, there are alot of tactics, such as you say, GL Whoring that should have been nerfed. Others defend that underhanded tactic as being one of Assault's "Special weapons" such as the Special Operations kit having C4, or the Sniper having claymores.

It really boils down to perception is all. and therein lies the problem. Who's perception means the most to EA and more importantly: their paycheck?

It's really down to which group whines the most about a specific topic, stratagem, or weapon. Everyone (Or at least a wide generality of everyone) whined about the M203 and it's usage in owning any kit, at anytime, with the exception of extremely long range. This posed a problem to EA's paycheck because their planned expansions would go down the sewers if they didn't fix this and thus retain their fanbase.

See?

Now smaller problems, like people glitching into walls, or the ability to Stand > Prone > Stand > Prone, and thus aren't complained about as often will be thrown out the window and thus never the see the glorious light of "Patching."

It just really comes down to if the population of BF2 comes together and complains about a specific thing. If they do, the thing in question will be nerfed or de-nerfed, and if they don't, then it's ignored.

So it's really a point of just sticking together and complaining when there needs to be, and supporting a specific thing when that need arises as well.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6692|Houston, Texas
The grenade launcher nerfing was a bad idea on some levels since if they were going to noob it before, they'll just anti-tank noob it now. You aren't getting a revive 85% of the time from an Eryx death.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6766|The United Center
I wouldn't be surprised if the Little Bird got nerfed, to be honest.  I've now gone six rounds without dying and having over 40 kills with the thing.  The only thing is, I can't think of any way they could nerf it where it would still be used somewhat often.

Maybe if they just lowered the amount of ammunition it has?  Bring it down from 900 rounds to like...500?

I'm not asking for a nerf...I love the Little Bird...the thing is amazing and is SO much fun to fly.  But I can see it being changed in an upcoming patch.
lobo76
+2|6728
maybe they nerf and powered up the weapons for the sake of variety? if GL kills all the time, you'd probably use it all the time and get bored pretty quickly. by changing stuff, you will be required to re-learn new weapons, or old ones, keeping the game relatively fresh...
Jewbat
+8|6748

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

The grenade launcher nerfing was a bad idea on some levels since if they were going to noob it before, they'll just anti-tank noob it now. You aren't getting a revive 85% of the time from an Eryx death.
There's my point. Percetion. To me and the first poster, GL had to be nerfed. To this guy, it's different. I won't argue, because that's basically just arguing for the sake of arguing. Just that if a gun can own any other class without much skill, it needed to be fixed.

And SRAWs are avoidable. I know it because I've done so many times today. I played AT versus an AT and we both whored the SRAW. Both of us evaded it numerous times.
TallManNL
+2|6551|Netherlands

Coolbeano wrote:

Similarily, the EA hasn't nerfed TV missiles. They are very powerful, indeed they are. Single hit kills on any vehicle.
In my opinion halving the range of those rockets making it practically impossible to kill that AA that's locking you at max range can be seens a a form of nerfing it.

For the rest good post.
Jewbat
+8|6748
No, because outside of trying to circle the AA, which in and of itself is a stunt worthy of skilled pilots, that's the only other way to combat AA without being shredded.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard