Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6785
Well, now that Battlefield: Modern Combat is released, maybe some of you have played it.  So here is the spot to speak of the game, if you've played it (I have! ) (sorry if this is already up somewhere else)
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6787
umm...how is it?
*fmj*power
+1|6782
its like comparing an atari game and a PS2 game, as in the level of detail dropped dramaticly for  moderncombat. its cool for a xbox or ps2 player and the gameplay is fun but it has absolutly nothing on the pc version, its just hard to go from playing at 1280x1024 on two 7800 GTX and then dropping to 640x480 and a 733 mghtz machine, its almost humorus the drop in detail and visual quality. they should of been working on a version for the xbox 360, would of done much better i think but for someone with lower speced pc and people that can play 1st persons with a xbox controller (not me at all, lolo) it would be pretty fun for sure, i just cant play a 1st person on a handheld controller, just doesnt give you that feel that a mouse and keyboard does.
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6785

*fmj*power wrote:

as in the level of detail dropped dramaticly for  moderncombat. its cool for a xbox or ps2 player and the gameplay is fun but it has absolutly nothing on the pc version, its just hard to go from playing at 1280x1024 on two 7800 GTX and then dropping to 640x480 and a 733 mghtz machine, its almost humorus the drop in detail and visual quality. they should of been working on a version for the xbox 360, would of done much better i think but for someone with lower speced pc and people that can play 1st persons with a xbox controller (not me at all, lolo) it would be pretty fun for sure, i just cant play a 1st person on a handheld controller, just doesnt give you that feel that a mouse and keyboard does.
Ya, once you've played the pc version of a game, the consoles look like soft crap...
And they're doing BF2 for Xbox 360, no Modern combat for it..

I've rented it, and if you want realism, your outa luck, it's VERY arcadey...
I've only played the singleplayer (I do not want to create a GameSpy account) and it's really geared towards the general public..
I got the storyline, if you want...
XxMatt19xX
+0|6778
Yeah, i agree with jack....the pc version blows away modern combat.

Generaly all computer games gone console are better on PC, such as Counter Strike.
Chazflyz
+1|6867
Rented it for my Xbox.... was returning it, literally, 45 minutes later. 

You don't know how good we PC gamers have it until you've played some of these FPS/tactical games on the Xbox.  Though the xbox360 is as powerful or more powerful than your average household modern PC, minus it's 512 RAM.  Too bad BF2 was not made for the 360.

If you go to console forums, they think they have it so much better than us.  It's not even worth trying to discuss.
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6785
Well, aside from the graphics, it's a pretty deep game...
There's a war in Khaziskstan (sp?) between the Chinese and the NATO/US forces, and there are some good missions...
It's made for the public, it's easier to pick up and play than BF2, but the graphics suck, and thats on the PS2!

P.S. It's "Jeck" not "Jack" (that anoys me too damn much!)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6791|Cambridge (UK)

Jeckelcopy wrote:

Calm down Jack!
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6785

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Jeckelcopy wrote:

Calm down Jack!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Can't anyone look up at my name?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6791|Cambridge (UK)

Jeckelcopy wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Jeckelcopy wrote:

Calm down Jack!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Can't anyone look up at my name?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Chazflyz
+1|6867
To correct myself, there is an Xbox 360 version in the works. 

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ … index.html

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard