jnick
+22|6780

FFLink13 wrote:

co-op isnt alowd for ranked servers as bots suck and would provide easy kills.

the "taking away of vehicles" or infantry only mode would not give anyway of stat padding that i can think of, so i reckon it will be available for ranked servers
And I reckon your wrong because that would interfere with traditional gameplay, which is what ranked servers are all about. Besides the fact that bots are easy, coop isn't allowed as a ranked server not because of padding, but becuase it breaks the standard. EA's standard is all the normal maps being played under conquest. Period.

Infantry only WILL disrupt this standard and therefore it will not be in a ranked server. Also, as I pointed out, there is no "0" for the variable status, which means that it is null and void for the server they're running.

Not to mention that the whole Battlefield series is "what it is" becuase of all the different vehicles, from land, sea, and air. If you want just infantry, there's a hundred other games out there for simple infantry battles.

IMO, the whole idea of Infantry Only in BF2 (Or any battlefield sereis for that matter) is stupid, but hey, whatever floats your/their boat . . .

Last edited by jnick (2006-06-08 10:24:10)

D.H1cks
+19|6625|Toronto
From Battlefield2.nl site:

More patch rumors today:

Patch 1.31 seems to be including one new map, ready for ranked servers: Road to Jalalabad!
Another new option is "bf2_infantryonly". This serversetting disables vehicles on the gameserver.

We'll keep you up to date as soon as new information is available!
Don't know where they are getting their info, or maybe they are just speculating like the rest of us.
Sheep of War
+40|6641
Is that in Dirkadirkastan?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6763|Toronto Canada

908741059871059781 wrote:

Is that in Dirkadirkastan?
shut up you dumb-ass
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
Kessel seriously needs to watch Team America sometime
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6763|Toronto Canada
i've seen it, but idiots tend to over use the jokes which weren't that funny to begin with.

anyways, back on topic.
AnOctaveBelow
+1|6552
Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6760

Jenspm wrote:

AKs for everyone! YaY!
I <3 C&C Generals
AnOctaveBelow
+1|6552
On topic:  Could it be? a Free map with a patch, fanally! WooT
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
kinda off topic, but

the funniest part on team america, well two funniest parts are:

1. Where spottswood say, "it may get rough out there and you may want to kill yourself, so take this" and he hands him a hammer. priceless.

2. where its playing the whole "pearl harbour sucks" song, hes driving on the motorway and the camera is following him, then it zooms up close and pushes him off his bike. i laughed so hard at that bit...
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6689|The Netherlands
'Bout time a new map came up!
Sheep of War
+40|6641

FFLink13 wrote:

kinda off topic, but

the funniest part on team america, well two funniest parts are:

1. Where spottswood say, "it may get rough out there and you may want to kill yourself, so take this" and he hands him a hammer. priceless.

2. where its playing the whole "pearl harbour sucks" song, hes driving on the motorway and the camera is following him, then it zooms up close and pushes him off his bike. i laughed so hard at that bit...
HAHA!! THe hammer part is priceless indeed.

I also like the endless puking scence andthe lady in the window "Get outta the street, you fucking bum!!"
alpinestar
+304|6594|New York City baby.
EA knows they fucked up again with release of 1.3 so they will drop a map as appology, not official but it is the case
Cohammer
+61|6536
did someone try to connect to it?

and pray to allah that its a free map, i think it will be like karkand, but clear. i hope that it has civ cars and RPG-7s that would be a awesome REALISTIC map

i never really got why MEC has guided missles when in RL the Middle east armys always have rpg-7s
wahjot
+30|6583
seriously have people not been playing this game long enough to realize that wake was free (as usmarine pointed out in a different thread)? the games barely been out a year and people just bitch all the time it seems
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6828|Denver colorado

D.H1cks wrote:

The plasma setting exists in the current version of the game.  I don't think it means anything.
how, where?!?!?
Cohammer
+61|6536
i think that there needs to be more MEC maps, i love the desert, plus EA can just jack the ideas of DC

i like the INF only maps idea cause i cant stand karkand when some fag comes and just unloads everything into u with a APC

Last edited by Cohammer (2006-06-08 19:43:35)

niomosy
+26|6688
More MEC maps?  Meh.  I'd prefer to see another PLA map with more CQC rather than the wide open areas.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

I'd love to see an industrial karkand

I wish they would rip BF2:MC ideas, it would pucking fwn if we could play bridge too far
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6533|Edmonton Alberta
if they finally give us a new map for free i will seriously shit my pants
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden
Seems legit.
(I've read the news on some swedish bf2 sites as well)

Good news indeed!
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6650|Spokane, Washington

this would be great if it's really going to happen, but knowing DICE, EA will rush them towards the end and make them totally screw it up....anyway

+1 to thread starter for nice find.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria
so where's my FREE MAP ??????????/111111111
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6694|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
and i hear a new mode as well called infantry only
D.H1cks
+19|6625|Toronto

lavadisk wrote:

D.H1cks wrote:

The plasma setting exists in the current version of the game.  I don't think it means anything.
how, where?!?!?
Here's a random older version's settings list.

https://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4691/older8gr.th.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard