ericcartmanisbest
+24|6557|GREAT Britain
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal … 057514.stm

Rooney has been given the all clear to play presumably a few matches in. So how much of a boost to englands chances do you guys think this is?

for me, i think its a great encouragement, that we have all our best players ready to play, the squad looks amazing, and im hoping they play well
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6609|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Yes Yes F**k Yeah We Now Have The Proper Squad To Go All The Way.
Come On England
0akleaves
+183|6631|Newcastle UK
we might actually win this now, before i could just see us getting to the semis.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6557
you know what i find funny? i broke my foot the exact same day he did and the exact same bone and i'm still on crutches!!!!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6691|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Thats cos you don't have a lil donkey to help you like Shrek does.
Simon
basically
+838|6675|UK
We will definatly get in the semis
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6589|England
2 days to go! getting impatient now...just want it to start! rooney has amazing powers of recovery...like wolverine! shambone!
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6768|The 70's
I may be in a minority here, but this is bad news for England. Hes not going to be match-fit but will be sitting on the bench. You just know that Sven is going to throw him on if we are in trouble against Sweden, and he'll break down. From Sven's comments on radio it seems that Man Utd don't think hes healed, it would be better to leave him behind and take Defoe. (This has all happened before, remember Beckham, Robson, Keegan.)
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
ok....
I'd wrap his foot in a big cushion cos you just know big defenders are going to try and stand on his foot.  Be funny watching him run round like that. Bet he can still score wonder goals.
tip700
+9|6641
hell yeah! reading that made my day. this is looking more and more like englands year.

easy group stages

not too tough potential last sixteen opponents

brazil somewhere near the quarters or semis, so not a presurised final to choke upon
Kirokura
+26|6556|Sweden
Hopefully he will be ready for the 1/8-final against Germany ;-)
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6589|England
sven said today that Rooney is now classed as injury free but is not match fit. i can see him sitting out the first 2 matches and then coming on for half an hour in the last game and then starting all the second round games. funny thing is,is that crouch is such a good option and hard to play against and he is bang in form that it might be hard to leave him out if he's scoring like he has been. will he drop owen and go with rooney and crouch or .......oh im bored...who knows eh? COME ON ENGLAND!
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6625|Sweden
Thing is, Sweden will win the group so you will still have to meet Germany in the 8th

but, if Sweden flunks early on, ofc im hoping for England all the way!

tip700, easy group stage? whats Englands statistics against Sweden?

and Paraguay is a good team, its a pretty hard group, there are easier out there

Last edited by xXSarnathXx (2006-06-08 12:38:07)

England haven't beaten Sweden in a tournament for 40 years so if history repeats itself England will be Knocked out by Germany mid/late June.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6768|The 70's

1927 wrote:

England haven't beaten Sweden in a tournament for 40 years so if history repeats itself England will be Knocked out by Germany mid/late June.
Yeah, in a penalty shootout.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard