Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6612|Europe and goddamn proud of it
The Russia Federation is the world's largest country.
But why the f*ck have they always had bad/evil/insane leaders?
For example :

-Most of the czars..
-Stalin & Lenin
-Most of the communist pricks

Really, in my opinion the only good leader the Russian Federation has ever had is Boris Jeltsin...

Plz discuss!
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6590|England
yeah and why have all the evil dictators had black moustaches? eh? answer that! go on!
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
Cuz they didn't had a shaving razor?
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6738|Sweden
Lenin wasn't evil, was he?
Didn't he help to destroy the evil czar?, so russia could become better?
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6590|England

Reaxzion wrote:

Cuz they didn't had a shaving razor?
LOL..i dont know..but they all did. hitler,sadam,osama...burt reynolds. plus the ones you already mentioned. all of em. hhmmm
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6812|Oklahoma
Maybe because it freaking cold there!

I'd be pissed too
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6590|England
i think the reason they have all been nutters is cos of the women, russkie women are well fit! and good at tennis! nothing makes a man go batty like a woman playing with your head!
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
Maybe because they have a mustache problem?
tHe sw3De
+6|6552
because all their chicks are so nasty and i ant to fuvk them up(all under 20)GLAhahahAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

REal answer: Dont fucking know
Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6667
Yeah....
Okay, Russian is here, give your questions!

1.  Czars=Kings
2a. Stalin - urg, hate him, this is a dark time when he ruled our country
2b. Lenin - yes, he helped Russia to become much better
3.   Communist pricks....nothing to say, just dunno

Boris....YAY!, bad leader believe me, he started rule the country by the wrong way.

And the last, i'm really don't care what you say about Russia, just give us some time and Russia become much better

Last edited by Festu (2006-06-08 10:44:16)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6712|San Francisco
Hey now, Lenin wasn't evil.  Stalin ran into a shitload of trouble, yes, but Lenin?  He inspired the breaking away of the Feudal system and Monarchy...
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6611|Houston, TX
True...if only Lenin had lived on, a better government might have been formed
Kirokura
+26|6556|Sweden

Mushroomcar wrote:

Lenin wasn't evil, was he?
Didn't he help to destroy the evil czar?, so russia could become better?
Not really. Russia actually had two revolutions back in 1917. The first one overthrow the evil czar and tried to move Russia towards democracy. Lenin and the Bolshevik then had another revolution against that government.
jamiecracker
+17|6765|Wollongong,Australia
i think basically the communists head honcho dudes were creating a false economy by their constant lying about production levels,safety of nuclear reactors etcand that could only go on so far especially with all the corruption and now that the commies are gone its left a huge hole in the government in regards to laws and the way of dealing with the people and stuff
the russian people aint stupid they see ways of making money so they expolit that but its usually at other peoples expenses
hopefully they can work their shit out because after traveling there and meeting the people (and especially the women)i can say they are great and they deserve better
damn i hope you understand what iam getting at
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6579
The Czars were not "evil".  Some of them were stupid and couldn't see what was really going on (Nicholas II, who was overthrown in 1917), but to blanket them all as evil is silly.

As to Lenin et al:  There was only one revolution in 1917.  The issue comes with whether you believe that revolution stretched from February to October (like the Soviet historians), or whether the revolution was in February, and Lenin led a coup in October (as the Liberals/Libertarians do).  I sit somewhere in the middle (though closer to the Liberals).  There is little doubt, however, the Lenin was a bit power hungry, or else October would never have happened.

One of the most convincing theories I've heard on Russia is that their problem is that if they do something, they try to do it overnight, and it just doesn't work.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6574
I don't really think people have a good handle on the exact missteps and errors in methodology that seems to be the case...Russian history just doesn't seem to get any real disconstructing scrutiny. From what I gather, after the Cold War, there were just a bunch of Presidents/Prime Ministers (?) of Russia with big ol' Russian names that haven't really done much of anything for any cause that matters. But hey...I'm pretty sure I fall into the "people who don't have a good handle on the..." category just laid out. So...meh...it's up in the air for me .
tonightless
+14|6548|Chicago, Illinois
Ok ok, if you want a serious and mature discussion then I think you should start now. I don't think there's anything wrong with Russia- It's just the way some of the Czar's run the country that need reshaping. I can't quite recall all of the article- But not too long ago I read something in Newsweek that said the Czar of Russia is at at 30% approval rating or something. This proves that the people of Russia know there is something wrong with their current government, but they can't possibly fix it because of the way Russia is set up now!

What are all of your thoughts on that? Agree / Disagree?
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6574

tonightless wrote:

Ok ok, if you want a serious and mature discussion then I think you should start now. I don't think there's anything wrong with Russia- It's just the way some of the Czar's run the country that need reshaping. I can't quite recall all of the article- But not too long ago I read something in Newsweek that said the Czar of Russia is at at 30% approval rating or something. This proves that the people of Russia know there is something wrong with their current government, but they can't possibly fix it because of the way Russia is set up now!

WTF? Uhm. It could just be me, but were the perceptions made by myself to actually have been within the contexts of reality, I would think that the term Czar is without use today, in regards to a Russian leader. A Czar is a monarch/emperor, and now they call their head honcho a President/Prime Minister, as per democratic selection. I don't really know exactly how their shit runs, so that's all I will say.
Rosse_modest
+76|6794|Antwerp, Flanders

Xietsu wrote:

tonightless wrote:

WTF? Uhm. It could just be me, but were the perceptions made by myself to actually have been within the contexts of reality, I would think that the term Czar is without use today, in regards to a Russian leader. A Czar is a monarch/emperor, and now they call their head honcho a President/Prime Minister, as per democratic selection. I don't really know exactly how their shit runs, so that's all I will say.
Nonsense Xietsu. Didn't u hear? They reinstated the despots of old.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6567|Southeastern USA
they've been making some progress under Putin (POOTIN!) and Yeltsin, but for every 3 steps forward they take 2 back, I think it's mostly because they are still getting rid of the old guard, thought police, and the heavy influence of the russian mafia, guys like General Orumov weren't helping, I'm so glad James iced his ass

IMO: Russia is a beautiful country with alot to offer, if it can just get out from under the heel of the cold war relics
Jepeto87
+38|6703|Dublin
Putin's a bit dodgy, there wasn't even a election for his second term in office. I no he probably would have won but its still strange for an apparent democracy! Perhaps Putin is good for Russia as it seems to need stronger leaders to move things forward.

I wouldn't agree that they made much progress at all under Yeltsin, in fact id say a lot of Russia's problems today come from his nationalism policies, I'm not saying they should have continued with state run industries but they should have been wiser with who they sold them too.

I love Russia and Ive never ever been there! Its history IMO is more interesting than any other nation on earth (even my own!) and I plan to visit this summer! I wish all Russians and there country the best in the future!

Cheers!

PS: +1 Karma to "tonightless" for his funny post!
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6574
Anyone wanna' teach us about Russia? lmao.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711

Reaxzion wrote:

For example :

-Most of the czars..
-Stalin & Lenin

Really, in my opinion the only good leader the Russian Federation has ever had is Boris Jeltsin...

Plz discuss!
Ti muy ya sucka! Pasasee muy huy sucka! Pidarass...
(sound out in Russian)

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-12 19:44:58)

CC-Marley
+407|6847

Reaxzion wrote:

For example :

-Most of the czars..
-Stalin & Lenin

Plz discuss!
Yeltsin was a serious drunk but kinda ok. Gorby was better IMHO.
alpinestar
+304|6614|New York City baby.
Russians do not play tic tac toe, a weak leader is not a good leader.
You guys should watch Russian god fathers "BBC DCOUMENTARY" about how Putin takes control over jewish billionaires in his country.
TORRENTS:

Russian Godfathers part I
Russian Godfathers part II
Russian Godfathers part III

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-06-12 21:26:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard