xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667
My AOL explorer browser keeps freezing. Any suggestions?
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6664|Vancouver BC Canada
Get rid of AOL lol...Try FF
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6597|Los Angeles, California, US.
Omg, Someone uses AOL Explorer!! Actually is Shocking. I have it, But Rarely use it.

Get Firefox.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-06-07 23:35:05)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY
Man, AOL is so 1998.  Update your AOL Browser to FireFox.  FF was built off of Netscape who is/was owned by AOL.  It was used to create their browser.  Better yet, get IE 7, it is so much faster the Firefox.  I do not have to wait forever for the browser to launch.  It has tabbed browsing, but do not have extensions like ff.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667

dubbs wrote:

Man, AOL is so 1998.  Update your AOL Browser to FireFox.  FF was built off of Netscape who is/was owned by AOL.  It was used to create their browser.  Better yet, get IE 7, it is so much faster the Firefox.  I do not have to wait forever for the browser to launch.  It has tabbed browsing, but do not have extensions like ff.
IE7 has tabbed browsing? b/c thats the only reason i use aol explorer
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6668

AOL's a joke.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
Aol = virus
get rid of it fast
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6699|Louisiana

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Yeah, Microsoft put tabbed browsing into IE7 to compete with Firefox (and pretty much every other browser, IE was probably the last to have tabbed browsing). I haven't tried IE7 but it sounds like it's much better than the previous versions. Try out IE7 and Firefox, those are probably the best browsers - but most viruses that you get from visiting websites only attack IE and not Firefox, so consider that too.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667

xintegrityx wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Yeah, Microsoft put tabbed browsing into IE7 to compete with Firefox (and pretty much every other browser, IE was probably the last to have tabbed browsing). I haven't tried IE7 but it sounds like it's much better than the previous versions. Try out IE7 and Firefox, those are probably the best browsers - but most viruses that you get from visiting websites only attack IE and not Firefox, so consider that too.
So firefox has tabbed browsers and is the safest?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
Avant FTW!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Both IE and FF have tabbed browsing.  One of the reasons that FF was so big was because of this.  IE added the feature in IE 7, but put a MS twist on it.  Instead of having an X to close the tab to the far right, it is located next to the title of the tab.  They also "cleaned" up the whole interface. 

Not a great picture but here is a link with tabs.  Here is another feature.  This shows how you can title mutiple pages at once.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667

dubbs wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Both IE and FF have tabbed browsing.  One of the reasons that FF was so big was because of this.  IE added the feature in IE 7, but put a MS twist on it.  Instead of having an X to close the tab to the far right, it is located next to the title of the tab.  They also "cleaned" up the whole interface. 

Not a great picture but here is a link with tabs.  Here is another feature.  This shows how you can title mutiple pages at once.
But earlier you said IE7 contracted more viruses. So how big is the difference between firfox and IE7?

this big? ------------------------
or this big? ----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Downloaded both IE7 and FF. IE7 is still installing and FF is done. The feel is a little stubborn b/c of the new way of creating tabs, but its a hell of a lot better than AOL explorer. It freezes every second.

Last edited by xX[Elangbam]Xx (2006-06-07 23:52:21)

dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY
When did I say that?  Post the thread if I said that.

IE 6 has issues with viruses, but in IE 7 they updated the security.  They also added a anti-phishing into the browser, and if you think the site is not legit, you can report them.

Asking how big of a difference is a personal.  Just like some people are die hard Nvidia fans, and others are ATI fans.  Personally, I like IE 7 better then FF 1.5.  I did not use extensions that much, and most of the extensions, like the popular FlashGet, can be done in IE, just a little differently.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667

dubbs wrote:

When did I say that?  Post the thread if I said that.

IE 6 has issues with viruses, but in IE 7 they updated the security.  They also added a anti-phishing into the browser, and if you think the site is not legit, you can report them.

Asking how big of a difference is a personal.  Just like some people are die hard Nvidia fans, and others are ATI fans.  Personally, I like IE 7 better then FF 1.5.  I did not use extensions that much, and most of the extensions, like the popular FlashGet, can be done in IE, just a little differently.
This is what you said:

Try out IE7 and Firefox, those are probably the best browsers - but most viruses that you get from visiting websites only attack IE and not Firefox, so consider that too.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6625|Brisbane, Australia

blademaster wrote:

Aol = virus
get rid of it fast
God damn! Max sig size is 150kb! Change it before someones Dial Up modem melts down!!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-06-08 00:00:08)

dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY
If I did say that, I do not remember.  That may have been with IE 7 Beta 1, but I am not for sure since I do not remember saying that.  Also since IE comes with Windows, it is will probally get hit harder then FireFox.  Since FireFox has gotten popular, it has been used to send viruses to people.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-06-08 00:05:22)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667
its all good i'm using IE7 now
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

its all good i'm using IE7 now
So I guess you were either pulling my leg, or just waiting for the install to complete.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6625|Brisbane, Australia

Opera ftw! I love how it saves my tabs, and mouse gestures are the win!!
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
Opera all the way.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6531|Cheshire, UK
Christ no one should use AOL (Amateurs Online) everone I have ever know who has had it on their system have had to completely format their drives just to get rid of it, try and uninstall it and see how healthy your PC is afterwards.

I work as a 3rd line engineer for a massive IT firm, I just don't understand why people use it especially over here in the UK, as its not even cheep - you get conned in to installing it with the free 30 day or 3 month offer thats always on and then you may have well as poured tar in your machine. Actually I think tar would be easier to remove.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

dubbs wrote:

Viamatic foXpose Firefox extension lets you preview open tabs like IE7.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Attention!!!!
IE7beta2 will kill EA downloader. If you want to use it you need to temporarily remove IE7.

sick with firefox - much better
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard