Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … =Ray+Nagin

lol Ray Nagin so funny.. chocolate.. rofl
JG1567JG
+110|6588|United States of America
I dont even have to see that video all  you had to do was say chocolate.

Sounds pretty racist on Nagins part.

Why is America always considered the racist pig of the world,  is it because we deal with our problems out in the open for the whole world to see or is the rest of the world just too busy watching what we do here in the US to deal with their own problems.

As far as segrgation up untill the late 50's, ya your right and I dont think a single person in this forum was even alive during segregation in America.  We are all alive now and the racism in this thread is about Gremany and the world cup, but people like Bubalo cant help but get in their licks in about american racism and the bad things we did to the native americans a 150 yrs ago.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-06-07 13:41:39)

Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders
Strange... I don't consider the US to be the racist pig of the world.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US
Well, maybe us Americans are too used to being idealogical punching bags on these forums.  It seems that we have to be defensive or make a counter-attack to every other post around here.

Nagin's comments are a prime example of reverse racism...sad really.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA

RAIMIUS wrote:

and here again PC revisionism rears it's ugly head, I'm not knocking RAIMIUS, he's just a victim of 4 decades of hippies controlling all the media......THERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING THING AS REVERSE RACISM!!!! This term alone implies that only white people are capable of being racist, while any other race is just returning the favor.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561

JG1567JG wrote:

Why is America always considered the racist pig of the world,  is it because we deal with our problems out in the open for the whole world to see or is the rest of the world just too busy watching what we do here in the US to deal with their own problems.
No, you don't deal with your problems.  Period.  The reason America takes flak for it, is that they run around going on about saving the world and how everyone should be just like them when they have serious problems of their own.

JG1567JG wrote:

As far as segrgation up untill the late 50's, ya your right and I dont think a single person in this forum was even alive during segregation in America.
Sure, but how much did your parents earn through the various racist tendencies of you ancestors. And besides, The Holocaust ended before segregation, and the German's are still paying reparations.  Which, I might add, are coming out of the pockets of people who were probably not born at the time.

JG1567JG wrote:

We are all alive now and the racism in this thread is about Gremany and the world cup, but people like Bubalo cant help but get in their licks in about american racism and the bad things we did to the native americans a 150 yrs ago.
This is a thread in which someone is complaining about how the rest of the world is so much more racist than America, apparently.  By the way, two "l"s.  Seriously, am I going to have to correct spelling for this whole thread?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6560

Bubbalo wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

I would have thought that ETHNIC CLEANSING would be enough proof of that. Hell even the Japanese treat Vietnamese like they were put on earth for them to shit on.
And the attempted eradication of Native Americans was what, a mercy killing?
Damn, hes got you there kr@cker
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Wasn't that about 150 to 200 years ago.  Big difference between THEN and NOW.  We still had too much European blood in our veins at the time.  After all it was the Europeans that made the Native Americans Savages the day they founded the colony of Jamestown.

How do you spell "aboriginee"?
aborigines normally refer to aussie natives

ok heres why the pilgrims want to slaughter the indians

pilgrams were afraid of the average english, then they went to america so they can be safe. but they have found scary "savages" and started killing them because of their fear. same thing w/ black ppl, they were slaves and when they were freed, the white ppl were afraid of a revenge from the blacks, so they formed kkk.
Yea I found it funny how the pilgrams left from 'religous prosecution', but were even more mistreating to the the Native Americans.
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

Bubbalo, those Americans you speak of are a special breed of Americans, called the uber head-up-my-ass patriot American. They sometimes call that anal glaucoma, but this is nationality specific. I believe most enlightened Americans try avoiding them, and always seem to apologize for their actions. A good example of this deformed inbreed of American is Bush.
DrakeRide55
+5|6653

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Many posters on this site would have you believe that the USA is the origin of all that is evil and wrong.

Thats why I find news of this sort to be refreshing(well, not really, it's just fucked up).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5012182.stm

I also heard today that fans will produce monkey noises in unison and throw bananas onto the field when soccer players that are dark- skinned are on the playing field.

So sad. Poor Europe.

Edit: forgot to put in the bananas part.
I agree completely! See ya in TIGERLAND

Does this guys get owned by facts and then try to change the argument, lol. ---> RicardoBlanco

Last edited by DrakeRide55 (2006-06-07 16:07:13)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Random-Hero58 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

...but you can transport thousands of tons of supplies/armour/personnel etc to attack a country thousands of miles away. Your military has hundreds of supply choppers they could have used, you don't need an airfield.
Yeah, that buildup took at least 6 months. What a dumb comparison.
Oh dear. That 'build up' was deliberate. The US had plenty of time to get everything there while they were getting the Ok for war. It was also used in part to try and intimidate Saddam. Are you suggesting that if the US was invaded it would take months to transport troops/supplies etc to the area invaded? I think not.
Tell me you don't attend Oxford University. God, if that is so, I would be a god were I in enrollment over there. Are you oblivious to the fact that logistics is completely different to that of the domestic and militaristic? Not only would it waste an extreme amount of resources, but using a fleet of helicopters to withdraw these victims of Katrina is just imbecility on a massive scale. The point is that the local administration failed, and that these people are not victims of racism. Making such a claim is so thoroughly without substantiation...it's just complete fucking bogus paranoia, if not illegitimate categorization. Just because you are oblivious to the actuality of the matter, it doesn't mean you have to evoke complete guesswork as fact. You're like a god damn "god did it" person.

Considering this other side that's been brought up...

Native Americans were tribal peoples, thus the usurpation of their culture was bound to come about. Content in their habits and methods, it was just a matter of time before the superior society overthrew their hold over their land. Regardless of it being "ethically" correct or not, the fact stands that stagnation was dominated by innovation. Like the original humans who had chosen to continue constancy of their situation, it is evident that a large strain of their personalities and attitudes have involved little aspects of inquisition.

*BTW, utterly confused as to where Squirrel got the idea that people truly thought racism was partial to America. There are instances of such in an extreme variety of nations. To claim that such a view is widely held is to be ignorant of the truth.

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-06-07 16:37:54)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644

RAIMIUS wrote:

Well, maybe us Americans are too used to being idealogical punching bags on these forums.  It seems that we have to be defensive or make a counter-attack to every other post around here.

Raimus, bro, there is no such thing as "reverse" racism..........

you could name a pile a shit a stack of roses, but its still gonna smell like a pile of shit.  the idea of reverse racism implies that  there is more than one type of racism

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-07 17:23:08)

Volatile
+252|6704|Sextupling in Empire

Note to self: sarcasm is usually lost upon the masses, therefore, refrain from future use.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

JG1567JG wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

I would have thought that ETHNIC CLEANSING would be enough proof of that. Hell even the Japanese treat Vietnamese like they were put on earth for them to shit on.
Wasn't that about 150 to 200 years ago.  Big difference between THEN and NOW.
YEP!

edit:
BTW, this thread was started to show that the US is not the only refuge of racism, not that we are any less guilty than anyone else.......at least that's what I got out of it.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-06-07 17:36:17)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Note to self: sarcasm is usually lost upon the masses, therefore, refrain from future use.
Your post provides a direct inference that many hold the view that the U.S. is the sole region of racism. Otherwise, such a post would be without use. You're trying to make a point, but from every perspective, it's a pathetic, groundless one -- let alone the fact that perceived sarcasm depends largely on the exposure/experience of those receiving such messages.

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-06-07 17:40:11)

Volatile
+252|6704|Sextupling in Empire

LOL! Its always funny when people attempt to act as though they are intelligent. Your critical remarks obviously point out that you completely mispercieved the object of my post.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556
So then, by all means, fill me in. I'd like to know how I've presented such a facade, and your "actual" objective here. Really. Do it. I'm kyeeree-uss.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
I hear if you want to see REAL racism...........go to Africa
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France

RicardoBlanco wrote:

...and?

You're talking about a few incidents over a few weeks. Your govournment left a whole state high and dry after arguably one of the worst natural disasters in US history...just because most of them were black and they didn't vote Bush. Hundreds died.

When Europeans do something wrong at least we admit to it!

RicardoBlanco wrote:

"Nothing to do with them being black"!?! Are you actually mad? Do you think Bush would still be in power if there'd been the countries biggest natural disaster in washington and he hadn't bothered to send help??? Get a grip man...
I never saw any television coverage during or after, nor did I ever hear anyone say "Wow...Katrina...we owned that fucking Hurricane."

What do you think of these options - the government could have done a better job or the government is racist?  Even an activist like you can see the right answer here.

QUIZ FOR YOU - Name the person said aid was unavailable in New Orleans because "Bush doesn't like black people"?  Second, do you believe the source is credible enough to make this argument?

***For the record, Washington, DC was won by the democrats, voting 89% for the democratic party, and is 60% black.

New Orleans voted about 62% for Bush, Louisiana was won by the republicans, and 67% black.

Normally I wouldn't worry about correcting you but I feel that by learning more about the States you'll be more effective in later rantings.  Which I welcome.  In these case you should have picked a better example.

On a side note, I'm sorry someone posted bad about England.  Personally I don't have a problem with other countries - I personally just hate the Moon.

However, I've always wanted to go to England, mostly to learn about what I am doing wrong just by being born in the US, and why I should hate my own country.  Unfortunately, I lack money for such a trip.  Thank God I have the internet and your help.  I would not know what to do without you.

It's easy to type on the internet...look at me...look at me.

And that is why you are a big suck bag.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
stop being logical
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

Xietsu wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Random-Hero58 wrote:

Yeah, that buildup took at least 6 months. What a dumb comparison.
Oh dear. That 'build up' was deliberate. The US had plenty of time to get everything there while they were getting the Ok for war. It was also used in part to try and intimidate Saddam. Are you suggesting that if the US was invaded it would take months to transport troops/supplies etc to the area invaded? I think not.
Tell me you don't attend Oxford University. God, if that is so, I would be a god were I in enrollment over there. Are you oblivious to the fact that logistics is completely different to that of the domestic and militaristic? Not only would it waste an extreme amount of resources, but using a fleet of helicopters to withdraw these victims of Katrina is just imbecility on a massive scale. The point is that the local administration failed, and that these people are not victims of racism. Making such a claim is so thoroughly without substantiation...it's just complete fucking bogus paranoia, if not illegitimate categorization. Just because you are oblivious to the actuality of the matter, it doesn't mean you have to evoke complete guesswork as fact. You're like a god damn "god did it" person.

Considering this other side that's been brought up...

Native Americans were tribal peoples, thus the usurpation of their culture was bound to come about. Content in their habits and methods, it was just a matter of time before the superior society overthrew their hold over their land. Regardless of it being "ethically" correct or not, the fact stands that stagnation was dominated by innovation. Like the original humans who had chosen to continue constancy of their situation, it is evident that a large strain of their personalities and attitudes have involved little aspects of inquisition.

*BTW, utterly confused as to where Squirrel got the idea that people truly thought racism was partial to America. There are instances of such in an extreme variety of nations. To claim that such a view is widely held is to be ignorant of the truth.
I did go to Oxford University and while I won't have a go at your spelling, grammar, punctuation and use of language they would! You wouldn't get past the interview mate. You may disagree with me but you have yet to offer a plausible alternative.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Many posters on this site would have you believe that the USA is the origin of all that is evil and wrong.

Thats why I find news of this sort to be refreshing(well, not really, it's just fucked up).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5012182.stm

I also heard today that fans will produce monkey noises in unison and throw bananas onto the field when soccer players that are dark- skinned are on the playing field.

So sad. Poor Europe.

Edit: forgot to put in the bananas part.
...and?

You're talking about a few incidents over a few weeks. Your govournment left a whole state high and dry after arguably one of the worst natural disasters in US history...just because most of them were black and they didn't vote Bush. Hundreds died.

When Europeans do something wrong at least we admit to it!
Stop reading the liberal news and Find out the truth. The local Govt of the state and city spent the levey money on FLUF projects. Wasnt Bush wasnt the Republicans or demorcrats.

I was down there for a fucking week with my volunteer fire Dept. 3 of us went and we went from LA to Houston, I ended up violently sick, and seen first hand what went on and what happened. I treated White, Black, Mexican, Asian, ANYONE who needed medical help. Being a volunteer Medic Has its rewards.

When you have time or are old enough to Come and see things first hand, Then you can sit behind your little computer and comment on shit you have no idea about.

When you build a city BELOW Sea level, Expect the EXPECTED!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561

kr@cker wrote:

BTW, this thread was started to show that the US is not the only refuge of racism, not that we are any less guilty than anyone else.......at least that's what I got out of it.
Ok, sure, that I agree with.  It just sounded like you were trying to say everyone else has worse problems than you, which I would disagree with.  They're just........different.

lowing wrote:

I hear if you want to see REAL racism...........go to Africa
\

Actually, most social analysts believe that issues are political/ideological/economical at heart, and lines are drawn on ethnicity to make target identification easier.
ownership10
+9|6732

rawls2 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

Damn, hes got you there kr@cker
except for the fact that the pilgrims were not Americans but they were Europeans settling an English colony.  shortly after the English and Spanish settled here, the eradication of the native Americans started.  there were other colonial killings, such as the Spanish conquistadors wiping out the Incas...in fact, one group of ppl colonizing and then wiping out another race or ppl seems common in human history.

and before the slavery and racism debate explodes, yes slavery of blacks in the US was wrong and racists, but ppl forget there were black Africans that were capturing and selling slaves to whites to ship to the US.  further more most every civilization from the dawn of man has had slavery in one form or another, from the Romans to the Egyptians, hell i am sure there are still places with slaves in the world today...so before the USA is the racist capitol of the world, everyone else should look around too.  where ever there are 2 different races or types of ppl, there is racism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard