SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6833|Perth, Western Australia
Just looking at a fw stats of people it appears that I am the only one who has spent most of their time in transport, has anyone else, cos the others that i have seen have been evnly balnced between chopper jet and armour
nzjafa
+2|6814
yeah transport is my most used vehicle. i don't usually use vehicles too much other than to get from A to B
L.E.Alpha.tUeTe
+0|6835
Use tanks most of the time, but spend lots of hours in transport ( 35h ) ...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6854|The planet Tophet
i only use them to get from a-b  or just go on a car  hitting spree
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6830|The Hague, Holland
I use Transport and Chopper
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6811

elpaso, i hate to bring this over to another thread, but what are you trying to get out of flaming Sgt.Gh0st? Okay, if he did be an asshole somewhere, then you have a right to say he was an asshole, once. Even then you'll be considered ever-so out of line. But he didn't do anything wrong, so you have no right to barge in here and start torching his ass.

But you just come here, flame Sgt.Gh0st out of his head for no reason, and expect everyone to worship you as the next pharoah? What's worse is that you take advantage of a language barrier to prevent yourself looking like a fool. You're going to get nothing but flaming your way, and this flamin' ain't out of line. It's okay to flame an asshole for being one. What's it to you? Let's say somehow you get him banned? What next? Great, you got someone banned off a forum you're never going to see again. Now go the hell away and stop raging, before someone powerful makes a call to your ISP.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6809

Coolbeano wrote:

elpaso, i hate to bring this over to another thread, but what are you trying to get out of flaming Sgt.Gh0st? Okay, if he did be an asshole somewhere, then you have a right to say he was an asshole, once. Even then you'll be considered ever-so out of line. But he didn't do anything wrong, so you have no right to barge in here and start torching his ass.

But you just come here, flame Sgt.Gh0st out of his head for no reason, and expect everyone to worship you as the next pharoah? What's worse is that you take advantage of a language barrier to prevent yourself looking like a fool. You're going to get nothing but flaming your way, and this flamin' ain't out of line. It's okay to flame an asshole for being one. What's it to you? Let's say somehow you get him banned? What next? Great, you got someone banned off a forum you're never going to see again. Now go the hell away and stop raging, before someone powerful makes a call to your ISP.
*applause*
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6829

Coolbeano wrote:

Quoted for truth and great justice!
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6834

Coolbeano wrote:

You get as mad as me!

... well, almost.
slidero
When you play more you'll eventually use more vehicles.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6813|Dallas
This guy is ranked #1 in transport.

http://bf2s.com/player/Septic_Death/
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6824|Kansas, USA

Cougar wrote:

This guy is ranked #1 in transport.

http://bf2s.com/player/Septic_Death/
Wow, he has 112 hours in transport with 14,000+ kills and still isn't even close to getting the expert transport badge - doesn't even have 1/2 the driver special ability points needed!
Supermatt
+1|6797|FL
I'm ranked 22 global transport ;D

Last edited by Supermatt (2005-11-05 11:55:14)

Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6829|Alabama Coast, USA
Yeah... I don't get the vehicle times needed for the badges and medals.  Why 15h for infantry kits, but 50 sitting in a jeep (vet), or 100h in armor, hilo, or plane???  This, to me, just encourages whoring.  I've gotten the Aerial Service Ribbon, which is more difficult than the IAR reqs for Vet Aviator (19 kills, vs 12), but I dunno that I'd ever get that badge, because of the time reqs (I don't play aircraft maps exclusively, and a lot of times when I do, they get taken pretty quick, so I usually go do something useful rather than camp the runway).  And oh yeah... I never, ever TK for a vehicle.  WHich of course brings up an interesting idea: for 20 seconds after a TK or team damage, you can't enter a vehicle.  That would cure a LOT of assholedness (if someone else doesn't get the vehicle, you may have enough time yourself to spawn and take it, before he can again... unless you spawn far from the craft).

Of course... 15 hours required on a static MG or TOW mount is sadistic.
bob_baur
+5|6819|UK
I ride around all the time in tanks or humvees but never had a sniff at a transport badge. Someone please define the transport vechiles and how to achieve a special driver ability point. Is this point sitting in a hummer while your man on the .50 does the work? You sitting in a hummer and capturing a flag? You sitting in your hummer while people dodge bullets to get to your hummer for heals or support? If so then thats not to special on your part as person sitting on your arse!!!!
SargeX_au
+29|6801
No, because i'm too busy killing in armour. remember last night at karkand?

BTW, up to about 200hrs played, transport was my main vehicle. When i switched to armour though, it cranked up my stats.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6833|Perth, Western Australia
Yes, I do remember last night in Karkand. Specifically I remember you sitting outside the Square base shooting us as we spawned with that other guy in the apc. I do also remember blowing you the hell up after about the 7th time I died, and cursing the pc cops u won gold star for spawn raping.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6829|Alabama Coast, USA
If it was unpleasant... why not spawn elsewhere?  Not that I tend to do that...  I don't use armor that much (it's about 10% of my time, atm, and a lot of that sitting in a gunner's turret on top).

Transport is all the non-armored vehicles (Hummers, FAVs, Vodniks, etc), jeeps and buggys.  Basic transport badge comes with spending 10 minutes in one, in one round.

Driver points...  I'm thinking it's Driver Kill Assists, Heal/Repair/Ammo from within a vehicle, and road kills...  and I think they all score as teamwork points.  I don't think any of them are worth extra...  for instance a heal from a jeep would count as +1 heal, and +1 driver point, but score-wise, just +1 teamwork point.  That's my understanding of it, but it's hard to be sure... someone would need to test that in a controlled environment (and really tough, because I don't think you can see driver points and heals, and other specialty info until the end of a round)... so it's not real-time like figuring out if some action is a combat point, or a teamwork point.  Of course... they figured out commander scoring by reading the code.......

What difference does it make if you're sitting on your arse or standing? Hell... snipers are usually laying down on the job. ;P   But generally... if you're just sitting there twiddling your thumbs, you won't last long...  and consider the symbiosis of attack hilo pilot and gunner...  pilot gets more driver points if he creates a good stable platform for the gunner to get kills, gunner gets more driver points if he's on the ball with taking out and spotting the enemy hilo, and other health hazards.  It tends to foster more teamwork.  (Though, I doubt it... most people still want to drive a tank, or fly a chopper, or fly the jet, or spam the heals and revives.......)
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6893|United Kingdom
i actually was having some fun spawn camping in a vodnik; they are actually effective and only takes a nade launcher to kill ya
but im having trouble even getting to 50 hours...
A.Deric
+0|6799|Norway
I spend most of my time in transport....
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6861
Calling ISP threats are so empty...
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6814|Cambridge (UK)

bob_baur wrote:

I ride around all the time in tanks or humvees but never had a sniff at a transport badge. Someone please define the transport vechiles and how to achieve a special driver ability point. Is this point sitting in a hummer while your man on the .50 does the work? You sitting in a hummer and capturing a flag? You sitting in your hummer while people dodge bullets to get to your hummer for heals or support? If so then thats not to special on your part as person sitting on your arse!!!!
Something I'm just starting to get to grips with is effective driving - don't just steam into flag - get your vehicle lined up in a position where gunners can clear the area, then steam on in to flag.

A good driver is so important.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6869|Belgium

A transport gets me from A to B(oom)
R
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6830|The Hague, Holland

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

A transport gets me from A to B(oom)
R