red1fox1
+-2|6591
I bought downloaded and installed AF when I go to play it on BF it is no longer red for multi player but when I click on it to load the map it says that I have to purchase this before I can play it? I have even clicked on play it from the ea downloader and still no luck anyone have any ideas? Thanks
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6639|Seattle

Reboot, then reinstall if it still doesn't work. Just a guess
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6588|England
your user name on bf2 as got to be the same as on ea downloader
ASI_ramone77
+1|6709
I to have had the same problem, but when I went to put my bf2 tag in the downloader it said it was used and gave me a list of other names one of which I picked!

I rebooted my pc but still the same problem............help
red1fox1
+-2|6591
Ok i logged in as my name on my ea downloader and was able to play it, but when I used my account info with all my points i was not allowed to play it! How do I switch my ea downloader name to my player info?
masculata
+24|6719|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West

red1fox1 wrote:

Ok i logged in as my name on my ea downloader and was able to play it, but when I used my account info with all my points i was not allowed to play it! How do I switch my ea downloader name to my player info?
I think (not always a good thing), that in EA downloader you have an option to change your username.
ASI_ramone77
+1|6709

ASI_ramone77 wrote:

I to have had the same problem, but when I went to put my bf2 tag in the downloader it said it was used and gave me a list of other names one of which I picked!

I rebooted my pc but still the same problem............help
Got it sorted, just had to change my ea acc name to the same as my tag!
red1fox1
+-2|6591
how do u change that ea downloader name to your tag name?
masculata
+24|6719|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West

red1fox1 wrote:

how do u change that ea downloader name to your tag name?
This is from Ali (Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member) in another post

"Click on "Edit Battlefield 2 Nick" on the AF page in EA Downloader. Log in with your EA DOwnloader account and click on "Downloads Info". Check if you entered your correct Battlefield 2 nick (according to you sig it's brownandbubbly). You have to enter it twice."
red1fox1
+-2|6591
I get an error mesg saying that account name is in use. So when I log into the downloader under by bf2 screen name and put forgot my pw I get an error on the web saying the info you provided was invalid. Any clues thanks
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6686|United States - Illinois

Richard2000 wrote:

your user name on bf2 as got to be the same as on ea downloader
No it doesn't.  You do have to select your username at some put in the buying process though.  my username isnt the same.
SAF.Razor
SAF-Squad's BHD, JO:E and BF2 n00b
+2|6587|The Netherlands
Mate take off that "I will eat ur kid"-sig.... it's not funny esspecially for me, i lost my daughter 9 hours after birth....

not funny
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6686|United States - Illinois
People can put little kids giving the middle finger and half naked chicks but i cant put a picture of an ultrasound of what looks like a demon (alien) trying to eat a kid.  or can you not see that alien looking thing with glowing eyes up in the corner.
Ronan_UK
+4|6585
I have the same problem....... a different username in BF2 to EA Downloader.  I think this is where my problem lies, as I cannot download my AF from EA Downloader.  However I cannot sign up to EA Downloader using my BF2 username, as it has an _ in it, and EA Downloader does not allow this - any ideas?
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6773|Beerville, USA
I had the same problem when I first purchased AF Tuesday night and tried to play it yesterday, something like "You must buy the booster pack before you can join this server, click the button below to buy".  Let me tell ya, it took me and a friend 6 hours to finally get it to work right, but my fix might not be yours.

In the end after manually unistalling BF2/BF2:SF/EF/AF cleaning my registry out and then re-installing everything I still got the same error message, I did this a total of 4x's to no avail.  The "FIX", I used a second EA Downloader account I have, re-purchased the game, made sure my BF2 username was in the 2 spaces on the confirmation screen, re-downloaed to the downloader, downloaded it to the comp and installed it, for some reason this worked. 

BTW, your BF2 username and EA Downloader username do not have to be the same (you put in your account name during confirmation ^^as stated above^^), just make sure your BF2 and Gamespy ID's are.

So don't know if you want to drop another $10 but that's how I fixed it, just re-installing, redownloading etc. resulted in the same error message over and over and over and etc.
Ronan_UK
+4|6585
I don't feel I should have to pay another £7 for some shit piece of software EA have given me to download
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6773|Beerville, USA

Colfax wrote:

People can put little kids giving the middle finger and half naked chicks but i cant put a picture of an ultrasound of what looks like a demon (alien) trying to eat a kid.  or can you not see that alien looking thing with glowing eyes up in the corner.
I don't think it is so much the picture of the ultra sound as it is the quote "I WILL EAT YOUR KID".  Just remove the text or replace it with something that points out the odd looking blip...
lagerfool
+23|6807|SE Virgina
I have a remedy request in with EA Help on this issue.  My player ID and login for EA Downloader were similar but different.  I will post the findings whenever I get a response.  EA Downloader has to be the stupidest way to buy 'Booster Packs".

I refuse to drop another 10 USD into this crap.

Last edited by lagerfool (2006-06-07 13:22:01)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6773|Peoria, Illinois
I stand corrected. EA does have an answer for this problem:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11632

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-06-07 13:54:55)

docnutz
+39|6802|B O S T ON area

SAF.Razor wrote:

Mate take off that "I will eat ur kid"-sig.... it's not funny esspecially for me, i lost my daughter 9 hours after birth....

not funny
why does he have to hear about it?

Sorry for your loss but don't u think its unfair to give him a hard time about that???
lagerfool
+23|6807|SE Virgina

M1-Lightning wrote:

wow that doenst help to much.  another 10 USD down the drain.  Congrats EA!!!
bastards!!
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6773|Peoria, Illinois

lagerfool wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

wow that doenst help to much.  another 10 USD down the drain.  Congrats EA!!!
bastards!!
EA says you can merge your two EA accounts (not your game nick). Try that. Essentially, your deleting one of the two EA accounts and putting your two downloads under the other.
Ronan_UK
+4|6585

M1-Lightning wrote:

So if I change my Battlefield 2 nickname to my EA Downloader name, my AF download will show up under 'My Downloads'?
MRmajpayne
+1|6715

M1-Lightning wrote:

I tried all this CRAP and it still will not let me use my ingame name. I downloaded ti with my kids name and I can play it under that name but not mine. I am Pissed offf.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard