vjs
+19|6779
Just got expert explosives!!!

WOW!!!  that was really tough and certainly didn't help my TK ratio, started off karland as MEC, claymores like a fool.. great support thanks guys and commander.

Then when the claymores ran dry "enemy learned etc", I ran around c4'ing, and laying the AT mines/claymores off the rotting enemy bodies, using their support bags, MMMUUUHHHHAAA!!!!

What's that your throwing me a medic pack, oh thankyou, BOOOMMMM!!!!

Anyways a 300 point server with 8 guys per side. I really had to hump to finished the round with 40 kills and basically got 2 of the last kills with 4 points to go in the round.

I think what did it for me finally was the help of the support guy who was throwing out alot of bags at random. I just seemed to run arcoss alot of them in odd places not only around flags. It also wouldn't have been possible without using the enemy kits throwing out their explosives and resupplies. Driving around in a jeep to get ahead of the enemy with claymores and C4's didn't hurt either. Few Jiaha's I must admit, but mostly C4 and claymores around corners. Another trick is to lay C4 on recently killed enemy, wait for a medic to revive then detonate both of them. This is 3 kills, the intital, then 2 again, generally the bodies fly to far appart, never managed to do this multiple times.

To anyone who tries for this bagde, GOOD LUCK, it's certainly not easy, if you can't get close to half your kills in the first 1/3rd of the round give up, IMHO. For example with karland 17+ kills by the time either ticket reaches 200. In my opinon people are two spreadout on the map afterwards to get the remaining 20.

BTW, VET explosives is not that difficult in retrospect. It was tough for me to get, but once you get it just seems easy.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-04 10:19:01)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6790|The Hague, Holland
Congratz dude! Nicely done! I cant seem to get my basic one
vjs
+19|6779
Start Karland as MEC, lay some Claymores around the portion of the fence that needs to be grenaded.

-----XXXXX----------------
|
|                     <
|
|
|        =============
|        =============
<>           <                        ^ 

> and < are claymores basically pointing in the direction they explode.
| and -- are fence
X is the part of the fence you can break using a greande
= are those pipes

Basically destroyed the XXX portion before the other team could.

Remember claymores only kill people (This includes our teams) who walk infront of them and only over a 45 degree angle.

There is something to be said here about darwin, claymores, red skulls and teammates but its just not worth it. Also if you try to setup claymores like this...

<>

by the fence?

Well ... humm .... I'm also sorry you didn't get the Darwin reference.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-04 10:28:42)

ToiletTrooper
+25|6783|WC
wtf!!! i did once with c4: 36 kills in 1 round.. round ends!!
and the other time i killed 36 with claymore .. round ends!!! i fucking deserve that badge!! i got over 1000 explosive kills
vjs
+19|6779
Oh I feel your pain seriously... I basically never used explosives before I started trying to get badges. over 1000 kills wow!!!

Vet was pretty simple in reto-spect, had to build up my kills to get that one. As for Expert, I must have got 34-36 kills 5 or 6 times, I always quit if I didn't get the first 20 fast.

I think it's a must to play on a low player high ticket for some of these experts.

On aside note,
I also think I deserve vet aviator, armour, and air defense.
I also don't believe I deserve vet commander nor do I think I should have vet TOW.

Some of the badge requirements are a little absurd, but then again we can't all be experts.
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6768
last night I was on, and missed 2 badges on consecutive rounds.  first game I was a C4ing fool - putting it anywhere I thought someone would be...  round ended and I was 1 kill short.  Very next map, I was driving around in my tank, when about halfway through the round I noticed that we didn't have a commander - so I applied.  Finished the map with 39 commander points...  :: sigh ::
Ludwig
+1|6812
GG
you give me the lust to have this badge.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6776
GJ

<--over 5,000 C4 sandwiches
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6801
Yup... I was going to just forget about getting it but after reading your post I admit that I'm going to log on tonight and lay the C4 smack down.  Good job and thanks for sharing your strategy vjs.
vjs
+19|6779
O.K. I'm going to hate myself for this but....

After people figure the previous one out you have to move back accross the street (closer to MEC spawn). This is when you start getting idiot kills. By this time you have to be sure claymores are reasonably well hidden people will start throwing grendades when they see them. Tight against the fences etc.

*** Street *******************---      ------------------------
    *          *                              *          <                           |
    *          *                              *                                       |           
    *          *                              *           ####      ####    |   
    *          <*                            *           ####      ####    |   
    *            *                      ****           ####      ####     |   
    *          *                        *   >                                        |             
    *          *                        *                                           >
    *          *                              *                                         
    *          *                              *                                        | 
    *          *                              *                                        | 
    *          * *****************                                         |
    *           <      Walkway                                                   |   
    *                                                                                   |
    *          *                              *         *                              *
    *          *                              *         *                              *
Noitce there are 5 claymore places, people do learn so they will not go through the wholes in the fence. This is where placing the other two right by the buildings and the right most by the fence... even if people run past, BLAMMMM-OOO!!!!

The other place is by the hill on the west most. Only problem placing them there is you lose presious time, run over place one or two, rearm.... you lost 3 easy kills.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-04 13:02:28)

Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6766|Vienna, Austria
The only problem is that the method above will give you a hell of teamkills if you are ina team with idiots... and you know you are.
Ludwig
+1|6812
play on a 16 slots server with a 64 players maps !
you'll have time to do it
you'll have low TK (half of teammates are waiting for armors/choppers)
you'll have low ennemies frequentation, so you'll not die a lot
vjs
+19|6779
I've come close but never did it on 32 man 300 count servers... but with the 16/300 it was still very difficult.

Like you said, less people but more people in tanks have to rely on running up with C4.
Remember most people are in tanks not on foot, and you have to kill each of them 5 times, AT mines don't work well or at least repetively.
Yes you do get more time but there are less enemy to kill.
I'll give you the low TK, part of the problem with TK is it actually uses up a claymore.

I just remember a guy running through the claymore then an attacker coming through and killing me at the supply box, arrgh.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-04 14:20:49)

belerefon
+0|6757
lol vjs... that darwin comment actually made me register on these forums just to say lol!!!! certainly beats the "moths to the flame" one... although I suppose at the heart of it, they're the same.
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6777
thanks for sharing ur ideas. I appreciate it much0'
vjs
+19|6779
belerefon, great to have you on board then let me continue in good fun.

Actually, I think moths are a little higher, pseudophototropic, now think about that one.

What are the skulls ??? skull-o-morto-philic ...

Darwin: Very interesting they keep dying... yet the enviorment keeps bringing them back, humm. Well there goes that theory, it's not like anyone is going to believe it anyways.

Last edited by vjs (2005-11-04 15:18:02)

Riot.JumPeR
+0|6790
ok i got it once but it didnt give it to me and the second time i got the kills but it didnt give it to me. i will try again  tonight
vjs
+19|6779
Actually this brings up an interesting idea.

How difficult is it to actually capture a movie from BF2.

I'm thinking about putting claymores at the end of the walkway and at the gate. Plain site, actually overly plain site right smack in the middle. Then filming the people who run through them and punish. I think a friend and I could keep both places indefinetly populated with claymores. We could see if someone does it one, two, three times etc.... even better yet the team players who do so and get angry with you.

I think that would make a funny movie, perhaps my first. The music "I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me", comes to mind.
Doomsday
Banned
+1|6769
Just c4 blackhawk whores in Mashtuur.  Or get on TS with a buddy thats a good pilot (support kit) sit in the back with c4 out and the view switched to F10 and just chase them around blowing them up and when u get them down fly over there base time time and time again until they finally get u.  I got my expert badge in the round i id it i had 54 c4 kills in taht one round.  to ez
CyberPitz
+1|6805
Actually I got my expert badge relativly easy.  24 player server, 16 player map, karkand.  I was only doing c4.  Once you get the trick to detonate C4 quickly down, nobody stands a chance.
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6798|Boston,MA
that is true, the only problem, and I don't think I'm the only one, is that everytime i throw a C4 and try to detonate, I keep throwing another C4 instead of detonating the one I wanted!
belerefon
+0|6757
pseudophototropic... and skullomortophilic... lol!!

maybe its more perverse... necrophilia? sex with skulls? necroskullotropsophy perhaps..?
belerefon
+0|6757
to CZE_M4CH0.... YES!!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT????

you throw a c4 and you switch... maybe you run a little bit or lie down... hit the switch and you end up chucking out another c4 stick!! sometimes end up blowing up yourself because of it! what's up with the auto-switching?? bug or "feature"??
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6757|Florida

belerefon wrote:

to CZE_M4CH0.... YES!!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT????

you throw a c4 and you switch... maybe you run a little bit or lie down... hit the switch and you end up chucking out another c4 stick!! sometimes end up blowing up yourself because of it! what's up with the auto-switching?? bug or "feature"??
It's a lag issue.  Keep practicing and you'll get around it.

I just got my expert about 2 hours ago........not showing up.............biting fingernails........
lowyaukee
+2|6843
In my opinion, the most important reason for the failure to get the veteran/expert explosives ordinance badges are: -

You've got kicked out of the server because your teammates run over the red skulls and "page down"!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard