Cohammer
+61|6551
i like the +1 for kill, mainly because its so hard to get team points as assault
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6713|MoVal So-Cal

Spearhead wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

I could actually see getting 3 points for kills with the "1337 launcher" simply beacuse you need to be a half decent player to use it effectivly and because you only get 5 rounds
And Medics should get 2 points for everytime they click on a dead body, because it takes skill clicking on dead bodies with the defib and it takes 5 seconds to charge up.  RIGHT.  You make me laugh buddy.

I believe there is only one solution :

Take reviving out of the game.

And it that doesn't work :

Eating cheese

But you have to admit that Medics are WAAAAAAAAY too overcompensated with points.  Just ADMIT it.  I once got a score of 80 something while I was healing myself, reviving others, and killing enemies.  The rest of my team was still in the 30's.  It's legalized point farming by EA/Dice, IMO.
wow your a retard, im talking about the assault kit and here you are thinking im talking about the medic kit. So, buddy you make me laugh for being an idiot and also for not being able to understand a simple post. Your an idiot plain and simple, as well as a negative karma bastard.
ComradeWho
+50|6708|Southern California
i want to weigh in on the "useless" part..
it's not useless but it did use to be the powerhouse groundpounding kit.. which makes sense since it's the ASSAULT kit and the one that is supposed to be specialized to kill infantry.  Launcher was nerfed a bit, a bit harder to clear out the front lines with a couple assault kits as it used to be.. but it's not useless. It's just no longer dominant (I thought the game was more fast paced when it was).

I'd just rather see them put the splash damage on the launcher back up.  They took jump/shoot off and made it slightly less easy to use the launcher at close range.  They should have kept the splash damage high and let people whine until they figured out "hey... my kit has a specialty too.. and further more there are people on my team using the assault kit.. so it's really actually not a big deal!"

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-06-05 02:10:21)

MorbidFetus
+76|6564|Ohio
Assault is overplayed, not useless. I love it when I kill the same guy three times on Kark when I'm in an APC and instead of switching from Assault to AT he complains that I'm "spawnkilling". There's no such thing as spawnkilling on cap flags.

*Also, I love it when 90% of my team is Assault. It's really fun chasing down the only medic who's on the other side of the map.

Last edited by MorbidFetus (2006-06-05 02:17:05)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida

MorbidFetus wrote:

Assault is overplayed, not useless. I love it when I kill the same guy three times on Kark when I'm in an APC and instead of switching from Assault to AT he complains that I'm "spawnkilling". There's no such thing as spawnkilling on cap flags.

*Also, I love it when 90% of my team is Assault. It's really fun chasing down the only medic who's on the other side of the map.
Of all the servers I've ever played in, no more than 1/3 players would play Assault.  and that's at the very, very most.  May I have the name of the server you saw all those Assault players in?  I'd really like to play in that server.

Btw, it is possible to spawnkill on cap flags..... they spawn, and you kill them.  It's not very complicated, is it?
MorbidFetus
+76|6564|Ohio
Check your PM. It recently changed from a 24/7 Wake/Kark. It used to be an Assault orgy.
+0|6549
i think if assault is gonna get more points it should be 1/2 a point for every flag capture because they are 

suppost to ASSUALT the enemy base!!

but not 3 points for a kill no that too much otherwise u get assault whores in tanks ruining the game
HomiE-G-DOG
+5|6549|Japan
Assault is definently NOT useless
F2000 is freakin beast
Tetn1s
+59|6655|Los Angeles

HomiE-G-DOG wrote:

Assault is definently NOT useless
F2000 is freakin beast
i didnt say f2000 was useless. read the posts.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6553|Florida

InviSniper wrote:

Assault is used for what's it's called: assaulting. It's a class to kill and to kill only. Healing/reviving is the Medic's job. Resupplying is the Support's job. Repairing is the Engineer's job. Destroying Commander assets is the Spec Op's job. Destroying tanks is the AT's job. Long distance engagement is the Sniper's job.

Although you don't get as many team points with Assault, I feel it's pros more than make up for it's cons. It takes more shots to kill you, you have a Grenade Launcher which is great for long distances, and you have smokes which you can use to distract the enemy. I believe this makes up for team points and the slow sprint if you're a team player.
Sure, the pros can make up for it, but your statement kind of contradicts itself...it IS a class to kill and kill only, but it's not nearly the best at it.  The support guns are just as accurate when fired in bursts, and have more power, a higher firing rate, and virtually unlimited ammo.  Not to mention the extra points for resupply.  Medics have the L85, which is a oneshot headshot kill with a scope, and the G36E, which is accurate beyond reason.  And of course, medics get TONS of points for heal/revive, and get to heal themselves if you don't manage to kill them on the spot.  Assault is fun, my most played kit, but it really is underpowered compared to other classes...except engineers, who are vitally important and get no points, and Anti-tank, who just gets killed constantly by armor since the rockets don't do crap, and killed by infantry at a distance because they don't get assault rifles.
engineer
+3|6736|Aalborg, Denmark
could be cool....  G3<3
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6654|Uk
The only thing i\'d change is the sprint limitation on assualt, its a bit low but you get used to it
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6595
The hell with the G3. Use the AK-101.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6632
the only reason why some people stop liking the assault kit is because ea got rid of bunny-hopping (thank god)
Brasso
+1,549|6643

Assault is my favorite class.  How can you say they are useless?  The problem is there aren't enough assault players, it is always support and spec-ops off doing their own thing, the same is w/ medics and engineers!  There is always a shortage of the classes that support the others (except for PKM whores) and a glut of specialized classes, such as Spec-ops.  I mean, if you are 100m from a tank, throwing C4 isn't gonna work!  Spawn as AT!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Tetn1s
+59|6655|Los Angeles
I said getting extra points with assault was bad. I didnt say assault pack was bad.
madman PiNoY
+0|6546
Well, I dont like the idea. I dont like it because, if you're a base-raper, you can get an UNBELIEVABLE amount of kills a round, and for every two points you get for killing you get 1 extra? i agree that assault should be able to get team points, but not that way. I think that they should maybe be able to get Team Points by the smoke grenades (somehow--use your imagination)
Ivan_Dolvich
+2|6599
I'm quite an assault fan, even though i agree that they suck as for what team points earning means. I think that faster flag capping someone gave was a great idea, if applied with some limits, of course. Another possibility could be giving them 1 extra point for a capped flag, since assaulting is their job.

As for improving it... i'd say more smoke! 2-3 cans would be great. Also a better grenade launcher.. come on! Before it was excessively deadly, but now.. its like farting at the enemy!; it wont kill anyone unless you almost directly hit him with it. A better damage radius would be good. Common grenades are far much better than grenade launcher ones.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6668|Brisbane, Australia

Darky wrote:

DarkNova wrote:

IMO, what EA/DICE shouldn't do was adding the delay time for grenade launcher. I think it was fine the way it used to be.  I don't use assault as much as I used to because of that. People who are complaining about getting "noob tubed" are just pure noobs who can't make kills or who can't take few rounds of beating. That goes to dolphing diving/bunny hopping as well. If you get killed by GL, don't be a whinning bitch. Accept the fact that it's a specialty for assault kit and it's part of the game. What you can do is pick the same kit and do the same thing instead of whinning of how cheap the weapon is.

Just my 2 cents
Go have a read on what the M203 and equivalent weapons are REALLY like and tell me what EA did wasnt a smart move.

Just FYI, the 203 has a minimum arming distance of something like 15 feet. That means if it lands on the ground near a target within that 15 feet, it wont do anything. There is also RELOAD time involved.

Go have a look what Nova and AA did with the 203. They had it down pat.
AA is a hyper-realistic shooter, Battlefield is an semi-realistic arcade game

I do agree that Dice got lazy by making it minimum arming TIME rather than distance, fucking retards, doing that stops nothing, I can still walk around a corner and blow some guys feet off
APoundOfNuts
+13|6568|UK

InviSniper wrote:

... It takes more shots to kill you ...
BOOM! HEADSHOT!
L85A1 is damn accurate!

But yeah, G3 and M16 GL can be fun by times.
And blinding Helo Pilots and other victims is just too hilarious!

Admitted, it's not a point whore class, but 2+1 for kills would be just stupid IMO.
Just leave it the way it is. If you feel the need to point whore just jump in a helo/jet/apc
or play another class.

Last edited by APoundOfNuts (2006-06-12 03:14:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard