unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Well, I see you stand by the antithesis of self-defense. Run away from all your problems, and let someone else fix them. Having the choice of being a "coward hiding behind a pistol" and a "coward hiding behind a cell phone," I'd much rather be the former. All I could do against an armed opponent with the latter is press the device up against his ear and hope he gets brain cancer sometime down the road, long after I'm dead.

And I'm sorry, I'm afraid that the US isn't the source of all crime and violence in the world. We're not powerful enough to bear that prestigious mantle.

Spumantiii wrote:

the only thing America is good at is making weapons to kill other americans

When someone comes to mug you you give up your shit and run.  You don't try to fight the mugger.  That way there is no question who gets canned.  The mugger.  And you don't have to risk being hurt by a coward.

I can't stand this ignorant 'I will use guns because he uses guns' attitude.  If you let stupid people be stupid they will be dealt with.  How many problems have been solved by coming back being stupider?  How many wars have started that way?  How many killed, do you want to be next?

I think it's a good idea, and something the mighty USA could never do because too many gun owners are too goddamned headstrong (just because they own a gun), and because the US has made enough weapons to reasonably (not rambo style)  kill everyone on the planet 10+ times over.  Not counting nukes.  You are in denial of a very real problem.  You need to look at other countries where citizens aren't cowards that hide behind pistols and automatics whenever a fight breaks out.  Look at the people who have the BALLS to LEAVE it and let the AUTHORITIES deal with the problem.   If enough people were reasonable in the states, you might not have that problem.  That and the gov't is all for your weapons because THAT'S where your money comes from.

PS  every American citizen has payed  over 2500 USD to support the use of guns for the sake of using guns, and getting more oil to drive humvees.  Was it worth it?  Is the problem finished?  Do you approve of the presidency now?  We all know the ONLY WMDs in Iraq were ones AMERICA SOLD THEM, and the DU SHELLS (nuclear btw for all you ignorant war supporters) THAT AMERICA SMATTERED ALL OVER  the Iraqi countryside.  This is another case of your policies hurting yourselves.  Gulf War 'Syndrome'  IE RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION BY YOUR OWN WEAPONS

How do you explain those peaceful immigrants becoming murderous criminals and drug dealers?  (btw 99% of them are SIMPLY harder workers and deserve that USD more than you)
Only in the land of the free, home of the 'brave'  can people be convertrd to such a lifestyle. 
How many of those immigrants, you figure, can afford a gun?

A friend of mine was shot in the head on dec 3 by a fucking coward who was egged into it by his friends, thinking they were tough because they had a gun.  They were rich faggot fucks with nothing better to do than go clubbing wearing fairy silver tight shirts and point guns at honest folk.  If you are one of those people then FUCK YOU,   (not the above guy, just in general)
and FUCK your (probably) honda civic with 10k worth of 'body kit' this aint need for speed, this aint fucking GTA.  Seriously, Grow up.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6846
We probably all agree that a foul mouth is no substitute for a viable argument. Calling people who disagree with you brainwashed or ignorant is the epitome of being brain washed yourself. This is a safe place to mouth off and remain safely anonymous and we see the types who do it the most often.

Big Mouth = Little Jimmy.
philipjip
+4|6651|England

Horseman 77 wrote:

Messy? Read it page by page. I never insulted anyone even when they insulted me. I listed facts and sources even in their arguments, They didn't even know the sources they were quoting.  We know how our country got started and how we got a hold of our goverment and who we kicked out and how we kicked them out.
Our people for all their faults and short comings would be a bit tougher to " cleans ethnically "
call me when your crimes drop on acount of that misguided knife amnesty thing ( better ? ). peace Out !
when i said messy what i meant was this post has become very Europe V America

everyone seems to be just having a pop at each other without even trying to understand or listen to what everyone else is saying
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6560|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
A lot of the debate here seems to stem around "the right to defend yourself" and most of confusion is coming from the US entries.  I think the fact you feel so strong about this "right" says a lot about your country (or region of your country to be more accurate).

By saying you carry, or have stockpiled, any sort of weapon to defend yourself is basically saying "there is a strong possibility I'll be attacked".

I live in the UK and I don't feel the possibility of me being attacked warrants a need to carry a weapon.  I'm not saying we have no victims of crime, or that it couldn't be reduced much further, but the chances of you having to defend yourself for your life is extremely rare in the UK.

I don't know the stats but I would highly suprised if the chances of being attacked in the U.S outweigh other life threatening events that you are prepared to take no precautions for.  I wonder just how many Americans spend all day in Mcdonalds increasing the chances of a heart attack before going home and polish their "life preserving" gun, or how many of those guys who race their cars on public roads have got guns for "protection".

I'm not trying to flame US citizens with whole overweight stereotype but you can see what I mean.  They claim they need a gun to save their own life in an extremely rare event but are prepared to waive this self importance in other areas....
philipjip
+4|6651|England
I still find it hard how anyone can say carrying a knife is ok ffs watch some of the vids in this debate.
US citizens try to understand we don't want any knife's in the UK its not about losing your freedom its about not having to worry about your kids going to school etc
Kontrolfreq
+50|6614|Cambridge UK
Agreed, the only thing resulting from carrying a knife for defence is that the would-be attacker decides they need something better than a knife, like a bigger knife, then like a gun, then a bigger gun... etc etc...

That's the primary reason the UK police were reluctant to carry guns as standard, because then every jumped up thief would feel the need to get one too and the fatality rate would climb.
=OBS= EstebanRey
Besides if we're talking "self defence" then how does a gun/knife come in when quite clearly they are implements to attack with, not defend.  Wearing a stab/bullet proof vest is defensive......
Kontrolfreq
+50|6614|Cambridge UK
That's a nice point there, maybe everyone should buy riot gear and then we'd all feel safer lol
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

A lot of the debate here seems to stem around "the right to defend yourself" and most of confusion is coming from the US entries.  I think the fact you feel so strong about this "right" says a lot about your country (or region of your country to be more accurate).

By saying you carry, or have stockpiled, any sort of weapon to defend yourself is basically saying "there is a strong possibility I'll be attacked".

I live in the UK and I don't feel the possibility of me being attacked warrants a need to carry a weapon.  I'm not saying we have no victims of crime, or that it couldn't be reduced much further, but the chances of you having to defend yourself for your life is extremely rare in the UK.

I don't know the stats but I would highly suprised if the chances of being attacked in the U.S outweigh other life threatening events that you are prepared to take no precautions for.  I wonder just how many Americans spend all day in Mcdonalds increasing the chances of a heart attack before going home and polish their "life preserving" gun, or how many of those guys who race their cars on public roads have got guns for "protection".

I'm not trying to flame US citizens with whole overweight stereotype but you can see what I mean.  They claim they need a gun to save their own life in an extremely rare event but are prepared to waive this self importance in other areas....
I think you  misunderstand us.  It is not that we think (or spend a lot of time worrying about whether) we are going to be attacked, rather that if we are attacked we want to have the right to defend ourselves with whatever means necessary.
=OBS= EstebanRey

Kontrolfreq wrote:

That's a nice point there, maybe everyone should buy riot gear and then we'd all feel safer lol
That's whole point, it seems very closed thinking to say I need a knife to protect myself when walking around with riot gear is a lot more safer.
remo
+20|6586

Vilham wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Yeh, Europeans can't be trusted with guns.  In France they get dropped and left were any child could pick it up an harm themselves.  In Germany the chase the French around with them.  In Belguim they have know clue how to use them, so they don't. 

Pretty fucking obvious this is a lost argument, I wouldn't trust a Britian walking down the street with a pocket knife either.  I don't care if he is a criminal or not, he is European and can't be trusted with such lofty responsibilities such as carrying a pointy object.
says someone from a country that cant be trusted with anything. ie you fucked up alot of countries with your interfering, and dont come back to say "you invaded iraq too" that was Tony Blairs fuck up and no one elses. Also you dont seem to understand what an amnesty is.
Holy hyprocrite shit!  So you can lambast the ENTIRE CITIZENRY OF THE U.S. for our president's decision ... but you won't take the blame on the same grounds for the same action of your PM?!  Wow.  I've seen some anti-American sentiment, but that takes the cake.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Kontrolfreq wrote:

That's whole point, it seems very closed thinking to say I need a knife to protect myself when walking around with riot gear is a lot more safer.
Good idea!  We should all just wear riot gear around!  Can I get a full body suit that makes me look like Iron Man?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

remo wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Yeh, Europeans can't be trusted with guns.  In France they get dropped and left were any child could pick it up an harm themselves.  In Germany the chase the French around with them.  In Belguim they have know clue how to use them, so they don't. 

Pretty fucking obvious this is a lost argument, I wouldn't trust a Britian walking down the street with a pocket knife either.  I don't care if he is a criminal or not, he is European and can't be trusted with such lofty responsibilities such as carrying a pointy object.
says someone from a country that cant be trusted with anything. ie you fucked up alot of countries with your interfering, and dont come back to say "you invaded iraq too" that was Tony Blairs fuck up and no one elses. Also you dont seem to understand what an amnesty is.
Holy hyprocrite shit!  So you can lambast the ENTIRE CITIZENRY OF THE U.S. for our president's decision ... but you won't take the blame on the same grounds for the same action of your PM?!  Wow.  I've seen some anti-American sentiment, but that takes the cake.
thank you /bow. im not blameing you for iraq, i just said dont come back that "england" attacked iraq. I was all for removing Sadam nutterinsane.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
lol another noob has given me -karma for saying i didnt like AA in a totally different post. what a cock.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard