[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6755|Germany, Berlin
So, the world cup is on soon and I as a German can't wait to see all the different fans from around the world. however, i have bad news for all the people who are looking forward to drinking German beer...

...thx to the FIFA (these fu**ing retards!!!) there will be no selling of German beer around any WC stadium for 1 kilometer. in town, you will of course be served German beer, but in any stadium they will only serve American beer, i think its Budweiser or so.

well, not saying that American beer is all bad, but in my opinion it is not as good as German beer.

i know that this post is not extremely interesting, but i thought I'd post it anyway.

1on1killa
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6753|The Hague, Netherlands

damn, so now 10 liter glasses also ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6694|Broadlands, VA
That's one of THE most retarted things I have ever heard of!

Fsecking Budweiser - of all the "American Beers" to put out there.  Geeze - at least Sam Adams TRIES to micro-brew their stuff!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6639|Birmingham, UK
Damn the Americans! I suppose you can't sell Bratwurst, either - only hotdogs? British beer is original (and in my opinion) best, but you Germans are pretty good at it to. Most of continental Europe has got it pretty good - even something brewed in a backyard in Eastern Europe could be better than most American beer (no offense, Americans - it's just the way it is, and how I feel)!
Yahooligun
+9|6577
assuming that world cup is watched by billions of people..publicity plays a lot...and in marketing..wins the one that invests the most.
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6755|Germany, Berlin

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

well, they will still have these 10 liter glasses, but they will only be filled with german beer OUTSIDE of the stadiums, in a radius of 1 kilometer.
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6571|Scotland
thats horseshit!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

well, they will still have these 10 liter glasses, but they will only be filled with german beer OUTSIDE of the stadiums, in a radius of 1 kilometer.
They are animals don't you think who thought this up, German Beer rocks, Heineken too btw
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6639|Birmingham, UK
Could anyone answer my question about the Bratwurst? The public demands an answer...well I do, anyway!

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-06-05 08:16:53)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

I dunno about the wursten, like them all so i don't worry about them, but if you can't get different wursten that would be idiotic. curry wurst rocks
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6606|Scarborough Yorkshire England
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Germany has won the right to host the world cup therefore to entertain and play host to the nations of the world. If I was travelling to Germany for the world cup I would want to experience proper German traditions, culture, food etc. Not F*%king Budweiser. This really pisses me off everything revolves around money and publicity these days it's the goddamn world cup. Fifa should be ashamed of themselves. I'm gonna stop now cos I can feel my blood boiling and will carry on ranting
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6639|Birmingham, UK
Yes, Germany is great - shame they won't win the World Cup!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6731

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

They are animals don't you think who thought this up, German Beer rocks, Heineken too btw
Its propoganda i say! they want every1 to be more amircan... that is just so gay... german beer pwns, i agree
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6633|Houston, TX
I'm American and I pity you, if that's true they're only selling Bud.  I like Bud, but really....it can't be true; are they trying to incite riots?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

Budweiser just paid the most thats all........stupid that they do it like this.should be free of choice which beer you want
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6565|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
I know I'm gonna get flamed by a load of stars and stripes lovers for this but there is a reason why American beers aren't a good as European ones and it's all to do with the water used.  Beer produced in the US can not be made with the same quality water as it is in other beer producing nations meaning a sub-standard taste.

Note: This only applies to beers actually produced in the US which is why Budweiser in the UK is nicer than the real thing (it's produced here under the Bud name)

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2006-06-05 08:38:53)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6639|Birmingham, UK
Oh, and the conditions under which American beer is brewed...just not quite right.
flossmore
+10|6670|Cherry Valley, IL
Well tell your German Beer companies to fork over the money.  Budweiser outbid and won the rights.  To be quite honest other countries opinions on American mean nothing to the majority of Americans.  Think of it like this your first taste of beer is a German beer and you grew up in Germany and the most readily available beer is guess what GERMAN BEER.  So lets think long and hard about this.......or lets not........you acquire a taste for what you have been introduced to first and anything else is going to seem a tad bit strange tasting.  Everytime I have a German beer for instance I do not dislike it but I do prefer the taste of most American beers.  And why is this because I tasted it first and drank the most often so I got use to it.  German beer tastes bitter and has a distinctive after tatse but like i said before I dont hate German beer it is what it is.  I like all kinds of beer just prefer what my tastebuds are used to.  As far as FIFA selling out to an American beer company I find it rather strange because here in America the typical sports fan could care less about soccer.  Its just one of those sports that never really caught on at the professional level.  Just out of curiousity for Budweiser to fork over all that money to have the rights to the world cup there must be a large number of europeans secretly drinking the stuff then.  I dont think they would fork over millions of dollars into something there wasnt already a market for.
=11th.cav=Lee
+1|6687|Waddinxveen, The Netherlands

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

So, the world cup is on soon and I as a German can't wait to see all the different fans from around the world. however, i have bad news for all the people who are looking forward to drinking German beer...

...thx to the FIFA (these fu**ing retards!!!) there will be no selling of German beer around any WC stadium for 1 kilometer. in town, you will of course be served German beer, but in any stadium they will only serve American beer, i think its Budweiser or so.

well, not saying that American beer is all bad, but in my opinion it is not as good as German beer.

i know that this post is not extremely interesting, but i thought I'd post it anyway.

1on1killa
Heineken is one of the official sponsors of the world cup.

Last edited by =11th.cav=Lee (2006-06-05 08:50:50)

[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6755|Germany, Berlin
well,  a friend told me that he heared that in the stadions they will onyl sell american food like hotdogs, though i cant believe that....man, if they wouzld really do that i hope the hooligans take apart every single stadium (after the game ofcourse)...

also, i believe the best solution would be to offer beer from around the world, so that everyone can try soemthing different....but hey, thats FIFA...they way the act and organize stuff, one could think FIFA stands for Football Is For Assholes...lol

Last edited by [S.P.S]1on1killa (2006-06-05 09:16:01)

[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6755|Germany, Berlin

flossmore wrote:

Well tell your German Beer companies to fork over the money.  Budweiser outbid and won the rights.  To be quite honest other countries opinions on American mean nothing to the majority of Americans.  Think of it like this your first taste of beer is a German beer and you grew up in Germany and the most readily available beer is guess what GERMAN BEER.  So lets think long and hard about this.......or lets not........you acquire a taste for what you have been introduced to first and anything else is going to seem a tad bit strange tasting.  Everytime I have a German beer for instance I do not dislike it but I do prefer the taste of most American beers.  And why is this because I tasted it first and drank the most often so I got use to it.  German beer tastes bitter and has a distinctive after tatse but like i said before I dont hate German beer it is what it is.  I like all kinds of beer just prefer what my tastebuds are used to.  As far as FIFA selling out to an American beer company I find it rather strange because here in America the typical sports fan could care less about soccer.  Its just one of those sports that never really caught on at the professional level.  Just out of curiousity for Budweiser to fork over all that money to have the rights to the world cup there must be a large number of europeans secretly drinking the stuff then.  I dont think they would fork over millions of dollars into something there wasnt already a market for.
well, simply the fact that one single beer company got the right to exclusively sell its beer is crap. also, there is no market for American beer in Germany, sry dude. not saying American beer sux totally, but most European countries produce way better beer.
alpinestar
+304|6611|New York City baby.
capitalism at its finest, its good to be polish we drink vodka for longer rage effectivness before the match starts , if you drink beer you will miss out on most of the game because you will be pissing it out in toilet half the time.
and as far as quality of american beer goes I can drink it and I never get a buzz, when I go to europe I can have 5 and I'll get a lite buzz and oh yeah europeans have better tasting beer without any doubt. I live in america btw

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-06-05 09:25:19)

Erkut.hv
+124|6750|California
I would be highly pissed off if I paid Lord knows how much for a ticket, and another ticket for the game, to have to drink that piss. I hate bud.
Jepeto87
+38|6700|Dublin
Bud is watered down piss imo and im Irish, I know good alcohol!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard