Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6645
MAN! I'm so angry just tried to get it, 32 server karkand and I started to get it the beginning of the round and when the round ended...

I HAD 9 ****** REPAIR POINTS! ARRRR that made me angry!

Just repaired tanks and APC but many times I couldn't repair because enemy tanks/APCs/snipers/infantry shot me.

Any strategy for getting this? And map? How much players?
Katash
+4|6585
You could try and convince someone else to go eng on Kark with you then you both take apc's / tanks and stick together - you'll repair each other like crazy then

I got mine last night on Wake repairing the China arty and comm assets - wasn't really that difficult, just takes practice
megaboost
+14|6709|Englandshire
I'm having the same issue as you - I can get to 9 but that ellusive 10 never seems to happen.... just keep trying I guess, I find it fairly quick to get the points as China on Wake if they have a Special Forces chap keen to blow things up - 3 arty, tanks, jeeps, choppers and planes following an arty attack, the AA emplacements if someone is in them.... just go jogging with the magic wrench
Ballistix5
+36|6801|Forster NSW
Man

Get in a Truck and follow a Tank around maybe
if he's crap then you'll get 10 in no time

but i think u just have to race around repairing everything you can

Also when you are repairing tanks try to get behind them and use them as Cover when the enemy comes around the corner then the enemy tank wont know whats going on.

All good experiance
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6645

Katash wrote:

You could try and convince someone else to go eng on Kark with you then you both take apc's / tanks and stick together - you'll repair each other like crazy then

I got mine last night on Wake repairing the China arty and comm assets - wasn't really that difficult, just takes practice
Hmm yes but that works only if there are some dedicated Spec Ops who feel that blowing up enemy commander assets is their duty. Plus they have to have got pretty many flags. But yes that APC repairing with friend sounds good. Btw, If I'm in APC or Tank but not as driver do I repair that vehicle automatically?

Now I'm calmed down a little.
cyberkiller25
+16|6574|Montreal
Worst part is that you need 20 repair points for the expert badge. This is just crazy! (I think it was 25 before 1.3)
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6745|The Netherlands
I got it on a round of karkand driving around in a jeep and fixing vehicles. If a tank is taking fire, just park your jeep behind it and repair it. I also repaired the commander assets when they got blown up. It wasnt that hard. Good luck!

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-05 05:31:25)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6648|Little Bentcock
I only got the reapair badge because I wanted to have at least all the basic bades, so really I am of no help, but as with everything, if you want it enough you will get it!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6792|UK
shoot explosive barrel with pistol, repair, rinse repeat.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6678
Use a jeep and tool around the map...you fix things quicker in a jeep and are more protected.
Sambuccashake
+126|6636|Sweden
If you've got SF then give Warlord a try.

It's quite easy for specops to gain entrance to commander toys and after a repair or two of the arty pieces and UAV trailer you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the remaining points when following the armor around.

And as someone said 2 x armor + 2 x engys is quite a lethal combo.
(Not only will you get your vet repair but you'll also cash in loads of points on the way)

Happy hunting and good luck!

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-06-05 05:41:02)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6707|Dayton, Ohio
use a jeep on wake to go around and repair the assets.  If the US is persistent you will get plenty of repair points.  Use the jeep to move quickly between point.  If you use the one with the open back you can repair it when you take damage goint to and from the arty.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6707|Dayton, Ohio

Hacial wrote:

Katash wrote:

Hmm yes but that works only if there are some dedicated Spec Ops who feel that blowing up enemy commander assets is their duty. Plus they have to have got pretty many flags. But yes that APC repairing with friend sounds good. Btw, If I'm in APC or Tank but not as driver do I repair that vehicle automatically?

Now I'm calmed down a little.
You do not automatically repair vehicles that you are riding in.  You must be in an open spot like the back seat of a humvee to be able to repair you rown vehicle.
taxi2you
+22|6670|Missouri
I got lucky on a SF map.  This guy kept coming and blowing the commander assets and I would kill him and fix them.  By the time I was done fixing everything..here he would come again.  I killed him 9 times and got the badge half way through the round.  I probably would have gotten expert if I had enoug hours in.
BigWillyT
+5|6788|Ridgecrest, CA
Btw, If I'm in APC or Tank but not as driver do I repair that vehicle automatically?
Unfortunately not.  You'll have to hop out and get to turnin' in order to repair the APC or Tank that you are in.  If you're feeling especially brave, you could always hop into a Vodnick or HHMV and sit in the F3 position and take out your wrench and start turning but I don't really recommend this one because a)you're an easy target to enemies behind the vehicle and b)if you happen to fall under heavy fire while rolling around you as the lone engineer aren't enough to keep the vehicle from going up in a ball a fire!  Patience is the key and just don't give up because when you least expect it, it will happen.
Frytrixa
+10|6652|Germany
I know a way how to get these points very easy and quick. But its not the "fine" way, so if you want to know PM me.
DrM
+33|6647
There are a few posts that are similar to this.

Heres a link to one of them.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=334765#p334765

I have copied and pasted my past of the thread

DrM wrote:

Getting the Vet badge should not be too hard.
It may take some time and good luck but not all that tricky.
Expert is another whole thing all together, I have never even got close to 25 repair points!

But advice for the Vet badge is as follows.

There are three important factors,
1. Lots of things to repair.
2. Enough time for them to be damaged and repaired again.
3. Getting the points.

1. Any map where there is a constant attack on commad assets will provide enough potential points for you, or you need an armour heavy map. I would suggest Songhua above all other maps for the following reasons, there are no jets or attack choppers and plenty of armour.

2. 64 player maps with 20 or less people on them are the places for long rounds. 02:00 is a good time to find servers like this! Note that if you are playing a head-on game rather than an assault you will want the flags to be as even as possible so that your time is not wasted by ticket bleed.

3.1. If you are planning to get the repair points on commad assets then there are a few tricks to help you. Get a DVP or FAV to sit in [never use armour or AA], while the repair is not as quick it is possible to repair multiple assets and the repair aura never runs out like your wrench can. The transport will give you other advantages, these include an escape option if you get in a fire fight you cant win, and once you repair everything and are waiting for them to be blown up you can drive off to a nearby tree to hide [note if you stay in the drivers seat enemy jets will be able to lock onto you, if get out of the vehicle the enemy will see the empty vehicle on the map, if you take position 2 you should not have either of these issues]. One last point on repairing command assets, the supply create is your enemy! With luck the commander will not drop them if you're around but some commanders will drop them anyway as you can only do one thing at a time and then need that scan and UAV now! If he does you can crush them with your jeep or blow them up with a grenade. If in a jeep you can drive up to an asset and wait until it is not destroyed then move on so all the assets are up, then go round and get the points. If an asset has 1% or 100% make no difference to how it works and that is all the commander cares about

3.2. If you want to try the armour option on Songhua you will need some help. You said that you were in a clan, now is the time to call in the troops. You should only need two other people [a third as the commander never hurns!]. Get everyone to go as engineer, get in those APC's and stick together. 3 APC engineers can take a huge beating and get though it if you stick together. If one of you gets blown up try to respawn at the location where the APC spawns, or anywhere that the is currently an empty APC, when you are all back in APC's get back together!
I know I've said it a load of times but on your own a single AT troop can ruin your day, together you should flying though enemy! You whole post was not about winning rounds but getting repair points, and you only get those by sticking together!

I hope this help you out.

DrM
DrM

Last edited by DrM (2006-06-05 06:11:03)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6792|UK

Vilham wrote:

shoot explosive barrel with pistol, repair, rinse repeat.
seriously THIS is the best way, dont even bother talking about other methods. just think about it, its in the safety of your base and its easy.

edit - dont actually blow up the barrel, coz then its gone for good.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-06-05 06:54:46)

Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6648|Born in West-Berlin

Katash wrote:

Agreed! That's how I got mine too.
foxrun612
+27|6569|Atlanta, Georgia
It was hard for me to give 5 repair points, how did you get 9??
megaboost
+14|6709|Englandshire

foxrun612 wrote:

It was hard for me to give 5 repair points, how did you get 9??
By repairing things
Manxman
Banned
+19|6663

Hacial wrote:

MAN! I'm so angry just tried to get it, 32 server karkand and I started to get it the beginning of the round and when the round ended...

I HAD 9 ****** REPAIR POINTS! ARRRR that made me angry!

Just repaired tanks and APC but many times I couldn't repair because enemy tanks/APCs/snipers/infantry shot me.

Any strategy for getting this? And map? How much players?
do like they all do go on a quite server get a mummve  go as repair  drive in the water till you start loosing life the fix like crazy   hey presto you have your  repair points easy
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6646
have a friend go on the other team let him blow up your scan trailer then you repair it =p
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6722|Germany
The more stubborn the enemy spec ops the happier the engineer.
Try any SF map,10 repair points are no problem there,especially on Ghost Town or Warlord.
FAF-Teeje
+47|6569
got mine at wake island.  some idiots kept coming to the island and blowin our shit up.  it was more luck than it was skill for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard