chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

The UBAR project, originally run by phusion, has been adopted by by BF2s.com. phusioN decided to move on to other ventures and I'm very excited that he has passed the torch of UBAR along to me. I've made a few updates to the content and made all appropriate forwards for the project so now it sits as part of BF2s.com

For those who don't know, UBAR is the best guide to the award requirements for Battlefield 2. You can find it here:

- http://ubar.bf2s.com/
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

good choice indeed. I figure you will do just as good of a job with that project as you do with bf2s.com.

Best of luck.
[OSL]Colonizer
+0|6804|Germany/Venezuela
very nice, i would suggest another section about the weapons (it is always hard to choose the right unlock weapon.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

[OSL]Colonizer wrote:

very nice, i would suggest another section about the weapons (it is always hard to choose the right unlock weapon.
Great idea. I'll look into getting some detailed stats for those things.
Kirks
+0|6817|Portland, OR USA
Chuy,
I found this on a forum (forgot where) but did post a copy on our little forum.  So here a link to the picture. (no attachments on yours) http://www.kirkwoodg.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ … 1123305455  I believe it is from the strategy guide?

A couple other comments about UBAR;
1 nice to have everything in one spot
2 First SGT & SGT Major: those are badges not medals right?
3 The copral description formats strange, at least on my machine.

Sorry about sounding fussy.  Just trying to help with perfection standard you already established.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Kirks wrote:

Chuy,
I found this on a forum (forgot where) but did post a copy on our little forum.  So here a link to the picture. (no attachments on yours) http://www.kirkwoodg.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ … 1123305455  I believe it is from the strategy guide?

A couple other comments about UBAR;
1 nice to have everything in one spot
2 First SGT & SGT Major: those are badges not medals right?
3 The copral description formats strange, at least on my machine.

Sorry about sounding fussy.  Just trying to help with perfection standard you already established.
Sweet. 2&3 fixed. Thanks.

#1 -- what do you mean? Like one of those single page PDF cheat sheets? (You make it, I'll host it )

As for the graphic. Cool. I've seen this one -- I'll check it against the game files. (I found the server files that have the damage numbers in them.) Expect to see the unlocks section added sometime this weekend then.
TheOneVader
+0|6817
No offense to phusioN, but now UBAR looks betetr than ever. You did a great job. I'm putting in another vote for weapon statistics... Also, perhaps Vehicle stuff, too? Maybe Kit statistics? Just a thought.
TheCheat54
+0|6803
I think another image should be used for the Badges icon on the main page. The Expert Medic Combat badge isn't what I would say is the "coolest." Expert Assault Combat looks better...

Either that or set up an image array and have it randomly choose one of the Expert badges to display. Do the same with Medals and Ribbons.

Last edited by TheCheat54 (2005-08-12 06:34:39)

-=Scott=-
+2|6803|San Diego, CA
Looks good. Nice job with the layout also.
willsmith
+0|6806
this my well, but would be better to include different languages, my ingles very is limited.
by the way, my statistics are not updated but in www.bf2tracker.com yes

Last edited by willsmith (2005-08-12 15:44:29)

blue60007
+0|6814
Oh yeah, you need to update the "Air defense" badges to include not just the Stinger, but the AA Vehicles as well.
Force
+0|6800
someone should find out how to get the specific army ribbons. Like the Chinese Service Ribbon. There is no description apart from N/A. Does anyone know how to get it?
FHG
+0|6806
Regarding the unlocks section:

"
G3
Assault    
A high power rifle for the assault class. More accurate and deadly than the M16 at the expense of the M203 and 10 shots per clip. "

I'm not sure if we're playing with the same G3, but my one is vastly less accurate than the M16 and even less accurate than the AKs.

[img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4686/20050706grafassualt3ig.jpg[/img]

Last edited by FHG (2005-08-15 13:41:35)

blue60007
+0|6814
Uhhhh those are the grenade launchers you are comparing it to. The G3 is more accurate and deadly.
FHG
+0|6806

blue60007 wrote:

Uhhhh those are the grenade launchers you are comparing it to. The G3 is more accurate and deadly.
Sorry, you're wrong. The game's 'name' for Assault's rifles is determined by their grenade launchers, beacuse the Medic guns take the standard names (M16a2, AK-47, AK-101). The GLs work in a different way entireley.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6809|Sicily, Italy
for the china and mec ribbons a player needs (speculation) eithor about 24hrs as that faction and a kill streak of 5 in one round, but people also mention that it must be a total of 240 hrs global-thats what gets me you play 240 hrs as usa then play china/mec for 1 round so you can get your 5 kill streak and a ribbon?  if one selects the ribbon it states 'time in theater' or something like that
HomieJay
+0|6806
I am new to the BF series and I had a noob question.
For some ribbons, they have multiple requirements, do all need to be met to receive ribbon?
For example the Aerial Service ribbon, it states "15 min in plane/19 kills in in a plane". Does this ribbon require both in same game/round?
If so, is that the case for all ribbons?

Thanks
blue60007
+0|6814

FHG wrote:

blue60007 wrote:

Sorry, you're wrong. The game's 'name' for Assault's rifles is determined by their grenade launchers, beacuse the Medic guns take the standard names (M16a2, AK-47, AK-101). The GLs work in a different way entireley.
Um the assault guns ARE the m16a2, ak-47, ak-101, they are exactly the same as the medic guns, execpt the grenade launcher, or lack thereof. Look through the gp-30, etc files and you will see lines for the explosion config, you do not see that in the m16, etc files, nor do those guns create explosions. Furthermore, look at the velocity, the velocity of the guns are 200 times higher then the grenade launcher's velocity, since a bullet is going to travel 200 times faster than a bullet.

Last edited by blue60007 (2005-08-16 19:28:06)

HomieJay
+0|6806

HomieJay wrote:

I am new to the BF series and I had a noob question.
For some ribbons, they have multiple requirements, do all need to be met to receive ribbon?
For example the Aerial Service ribbon, it states "15 min in plane/19 kills in in a plane". Does this ribbon require both in same game/round?
If so, is that the case for all ribbons?

Thanks
Anyone?
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Yes all stated requirements must be fulfilled within the same round.

Sometimes the timelimit are a lot tougher than the points/kill req, since most rounds ends fairly quickly.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Check out my guide: it's fairly clear on what are "In Round" requirements vs. "Global" requirements:
- http://ubar.bf2s.com/
Kelp
+0|6810
[img]http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/ddragonn/ddragon-04.png[/img]
HomieJay
+0|6806
Thanks
Dan_SASR>BF2
+0|6709
Discrepancy In UBAR Badges Section >> EXPERT ASSAULT BADGE

Gday all,

I was just posting this message to point out an error in the UBAR section of bf2s.com.

It actually takes 50 [Fifty] Kills in one round [IAR], with the assault kit to achieve the Expert Assault Medal, not 40 kill as stated in the page. Please fix immediately as it would frustrate the hell out of a lot of people to go for the medal and then not get it and think they didnt have enough global hours or something. It creates uncertainty.

Anways,

Hope u fix it soon,

Thanx - Dan

PS - Excellent job by the way, keep it up

Also, there should be some official UBAR Post that people can post messages about errors/improvements/compliments etc. cause i wasnt sure where to put this particular message :s

Last edited by Dan_SASR>BF2 (2005-11-15 16:30:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard